• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ's 2015-2016 NFL prospect chat

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think 4th round is his range. Maybe late third to a contending team.

I would be surprised if he makes it out of the second. We're talking about a sure-fire top 5 pick if healthy. A lot will depend on his upcoming medical recheck before the draft. He's already doing leg presses, so it comes down to the nerve issue.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how far that Oregon kid dropped and he was considered a 1st round pick before his injury. But you're right, his medical check up will determine if he drops farther or if he goes earlier.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Rams take Paxton Lynch at #15 overall? The amount of draft "gurus" picking this kid at #15 overall shows you how many hacks are in this business of "mock drafting".

1) He's not going to start
2) He's not going to be the #2
3) I dunno if he even beats out Mannion?? :L
4) He played in conference USA last year so NO WAY he's ready to face the NFC West.

CB/WR please, unless for some crazy reason a LT is available which I highly doubt.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff or Wentz would have been the 4th or 5th QB drafted in the 2015 draft. What's that tell you?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff or Wentz would have been the 4th or 5th QB drafted in the 2015 draft. What's that tell you?

3rd/4th actually. Who else are you putting in ahead of them? Nobody else really even played from last year's draft.

Doesn't tell me anything, as you have two Heisman winners at #1 and #2 overall, followed by Goff and Wentz. Guys like Cook, Hackenberg, Prescott, and Cardale all were higher ranked if they had (or could've) come out earlier, but Goff and Wentz (and Lynch) have passed them all.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how far that Oregon kid dropped and he was considered a 1st round pick before his injury. But you're right, his medical check up will determine if he drops farther or if he goes earlier.

They're projecting a 100% recovery for Jaylon, it's just a matter of when with the nerve injury. If you're talking about Ekpre-Olomu, he lost some speed/quickness to his injury.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're projecting a 100% recovery for Jaylon, it's just a matter of when with the nerve injury. If you're talking about Ekpre-Olomu, he lost some speed/quickness to his injury.

That nerve injury could be a real issue going forward, so you can't say he's going to be 100%. Factor in that he's going to be out next season, it's hard to imagine someone drafting him in the second round for what is essentially a three year deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That nerve injury could be a real issue going forward, so you can't say he's going to be 100%. Factor in that he's going to be out next season, it's hard to imagine someone drafting him in the second round for what is essentially a three year deal.

I'm not saying it, doctors that have evaluated Jaylon are saying it. He said as much in his interview with Mayock recently.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't draft a QB until you know what you have in Mannion.:2cents: Of course if you can get rid of Foles you can also.:nod:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what NFL teams said when they evaluated him at the draft.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd/4th actually. Who else are you putting in ahead of them? Nobody else really even played from last year's draft.

Doesn't tell me anything, as you have two Heisman winners at #1 and #2 overall, followed by Goff and Wentz. Guys like Cook, Hackenberg, Prescott, and Cardale all were higher ranked if they had (or could've) come out earlier, but Goff and Wentz (and Lynch) have passed them all.

The ONLY reason there is hype on Goff and Wentz is because that's the best this QB crop has this year, so of course they go to the top or mid 1st in Mocks. They surely didn't outplay Bryce Petty when he was at Baylor last year. Garrett Grayson may be more on their level actually. So that would be #4. Mannion didn't play and I believe he was the #5.

Point is.. NONE of the QBs coming out can start for us now or in August. Ain't happnin. Lynch, Goff, Wentz all in conferences where the defenses were sub par. Then go to the NFC West? With the Rams issues at Oline?

:pound:

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really makes little sense to keep Foles around. Either develop the guy and get him NFL ready or cut your losses and cut him. I am sure they have tried to trade him but even Goober Jones in Dallas won't trade for him.

This jerking him around does little for his career. As I have stated long ago, the Rams, in many respects, are where players go to have their careers destroyed. Foles is just the latest. You watch how many of the guys that left will have their careers rejuvenated.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And quite honestly I would take Brett Hundley last year over ANY QBs coming out this year.

Green Bay has already stated they got the steal of the draft last year in Hundley. Rogers sat for 1 year. So let's see what these guys become.

Jameis
Mariota
Petty
Grayson
Hundley

All pretty good QBs in the making.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, right again SJ76. Not one of the so-called good QB's coming out of this year's draft is worth trading up and just screwing up any chances of getting good talent to fill our needs. I'd take Hundley in a heartbeat over any of the QB's this year.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, right again SJ76. Not one of the so-called good QB's coming out of this year's draft is worth trading up for and just screwing up any chances of getting good talent to fill our needs. I'd take Hundley in a heartbeat over any of the QB's this year.

Brett Hundley (also played in a pro style offense at UCLA) > any QB in this draft

Drafting Paxton Lynch or Goff or Wentz over Hargraves/McKenzie Alexander or Treadwell/Doctson???

:idea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Hundley (also played in a pro style offense at UCLA) > any QB in this draft

Drafting Paxton Lynch or Goff or Wentz over Hargraves/McKenzie Alexander or Treadwell/Doctson???

:idea:
It is bizarre that Hundley dropped so much. He probably would be the 3rd QB off the board in this draft.

Mackensie Alexander is smoke and mirrors, though. Guy is slow and small and talks a lot of trash. He'll get torched in the NFL.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is bizarre that Hundley dropped so much. He probably would be the 3rd QB off the board in this draft.

Mackensie Alexander is smoke and mirrors, though. Guy is slow and small and talks a lot of trash. He'll get torched in the NFL.

Alexander was a solid #1 shutdown CB on Clemson the past couple years. Ran a 4.47 /40 and ran the 3 cone in 7.18 seconds. Ramsey did the 3 cone in 6.94 seconds and his 40 was 4.41. The guy is not slow. Short? Yes Talk some trash? Yes Can tackle? Yes Plays big in big games? Yes

Matter of fact, Alexander was one of the best CBs outside Tallahassee and QBs rarely challenged him. He allowed 29.6 percent completions and ZERO TDs last year.

If you want a taller CB take Apple, but the guy needs help tackling.

As far as Hundley, I don't get why he dropped. HYPE can be mysterious after the combine and before draft day.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like Alexander that's ok. But I'd take him over Paxton Lynch.

I'd rather have Hargraves, Treadwell, or Doctson at #15.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander was a solid #1 shutdown CB on Clemson the past couple years. Ran a 4.47 /40 and ran the 3 cone in 7.18 seconds. Ramsey did the 3 cone in 6.94 seconds and his 40 was 4.41. The guy is not slow. Short? Yes Talk some trash? Yes Can tackle? Yes Plays big in big games? Yes

Matter of fact, Alexander was one of the best CBs outside Tallahassee and CBs rarely challenged him. He allowed 29.6 percent completions and ZERO TDs last year.

If you want a taller CB take Apple, but the guy needs help tackling.

As far as Hundley, I don't get why he dropped. HYPE can be mysterious after the combine and before draft day.
Hundley will likely be starting for someone in a couple of years. I think someone needing a QB should take a flier on him but there is a good chance GB will just keep him locked up for when Rodgers get hurt/retires/etc.

I've actually watched more game film on Alexander than any other player in this draft because I keep on looking for that lockdown part of his game. He is stiff (7+ 3 cone and it shows on film) in addition to being small. There is a lot of film on him. He did really well against Fuller but if you actually watch a lot of it, its because he bounces off Fuller and gives him a massive cushion and the ND QB doesn't make the read for the easy grab. The North Carolina WR abused him on almost every play. He does tackle well but Id be shocked if he went rd1

I see your point with Lynch, though. Its impossible to tell how good he'll do without at least a year on the bench somewhere. I'd take Hargreaves way before Lynch and Doctson, too.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley will likely be starting for someone in a couple of years. I think someone needing a QB should take a flier on him but there is a good chance GB will just keep him locked up for when Rodgers get hurt/retires/etc.

I've actually watched more game film on Alexander than any other player in this draft because I keep on looking for that lockdown part of his game. He is stiff (7+ 3 cone and it shows on film) in addition to being small. There is a lot of film on him. He did really well against Fuller but if you actually watch a lot of it, its because he bounces off Fuller and gives him a massive cushion and the ND QB doesn't make the read for the easy grab. The North Carolina WR abused him on almost every play. He does tackle well but Id be shocked if he went rd1

I see your point with Lynch, though. Its impossible to tell how good he'll do without at least a year on the bench somewhere. I'd take Hargreaves way before Lynch and Doctson, too.

Alexander shutdown Sterling Shepard, WR Oklahoma back to back years.

Doctson pulled an Alshon and had a decent year last year with an injury, but the year before he was lights out. JD is going to be a stud.

The problem with film is you can watch and watch and watch and find something, but a 19-20 old is going to take some plays off.

Alexander was solid for Clemson obviously. Started as a true freshman he'll be ok. Do I want him at #15? Not really, but I'd take him over a QB.