• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ's 2015-2016 NFL prospect chat

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY reason there is hype on Goff and Wentz is because that's the best this QB crop has this year, so of course they go to the top or mid 1st in Mocks. They surely didn't outplay Bryce Petty when he was at Baylor last year. Garrett Grayson may be more on their level actually. So that would be #4. Mannion didn't play and I believe he was the #5.

Point is.. NONE of the QBs coming out can start for us now or in August. Ain't happnin. Lynch, Goff, Wentz all in conferences where the defenses were sub par. Then go to the NFC West? With the Rams issues at Oline?

:pound:

I'm not looking at college production, as it's largely worthless with the advent of the spread. Case Keenum should be an all-pro if spread production meant anything. I'm looking at tools needed for the NFL. Wentz has all of those tools. You can disagree, that's fine. It's what makes the world go round...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking at college production, as it's largely worthless with the advent of the spread. Case Keenum should be an all-pro if spread production meant anything. I'm looking at tools needed for the NFL. Wentz has all of those tools. You can disagree, that's fine. It's what makes the world go round...

Oh I get it. But you can't just throw out what someone did in college. Teams that do that don't draft very good year after year. Focusing on combine/pro day only gets you players like Jason Smith or Greg Robinson. Cam was in a spread. Mariota was in a spread. Wentz may have played in a pro style offense (so did Jimmy Clausen) and have the tools for the combine, but D2 defenses and NFC West defenses are not even close to the same speed.

QBs with a red jersey never really impress me. No way a QB comes into the NFL after playing D2 competition and does anything, especially in Cleveland. Hell look at how difficult it was for Jamies and Mariota to be consistent as rookies.. And some of you think Wentz or Goff could come in and start for the Rams?

Ain't happnin

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said either would be a day 1 starter. I don't think more than a couple QBs per decade are actually ready to step in immediately.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said either would be a day 1 starter. I don't think more than a couple QBs per decade are actually ready to step in immediately.

Some people were saying Wentz or Goff could come in and start for the Rams. :L

Jameis Winston and Mariota got the nod and were not consistent. Bryce Petty, Grayson, Mannion, HundleY ALL held clipboards. It ain't easy to do and I don't see a guy from D2 doing it, unless Cleveland wants to throw him to the wolves which may happen. If Cleveland drafts Wentz and trades Joe Thomas, the will distance themselves as being the dumbest franchise in the NFL. Rams/Raiders are doing good things so I'd say Cleveland is poster child in the NFL for stupid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Cleveland throws a rookie QB to the Wolves after signing RGCle.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh has been right all along even though the man is dead. College QB's need at least 2-4 years development to be anything decent. Even Brady held a clipboard for nearly two years until Drew Bledsoe finally had taken enough of a beating. Anybody that thinks ANY of this year's QB's will come and do better than what we have now is doing some really good drugs or something.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh has been right all along even though the man is dead. College QB's need at least 2-4 years development to be anything decent. Even Brady held a clipboard for nearly two years until Drew Bledsoe finally had taken enough of a beating. Anybody that thinks ANY of this year's QB's will come and do better than what we have now is doing some really good drugs or something.

60338204.jpg

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's hard to imagine Goff or Wentz coming in and putting up better numbers than what Keenum or Foles did last year. Not to mention we have to look ahead and have a long-term option at QB.

Watson is the only QB worth taking next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right Ramsfan88 but I think you'd agree that they would struggle just like Jameis and Mariota did this past year.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, especially with our lack of talent at skill positions. And yet, it's hard to be worst than last.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's hard to imagine Goff or Wentz coming in and putting up better numbers than what Keenum or Foles did last year. Not to mention we have to look ahead and have a long-term option at QB.

There are always those eternal optimists out there, aren't there....

It's not only hard to imagine, it's down right impossible to imagine in most cases....

If you want to give me some examples of some true Junior QB prospects or even some D2 QB's who have come in to the league starting their rookies seasons who had even fair seasons; Let us know...

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other junior QB's have done in the NFL has no bearing on what the current prospects can achieve. And like I said, we need someone long term, not a couple of back ups like Foles and Keenum.

But I'm pretty certain Goff can come in and throw for 181 yards a game and pass for more than 11 touchdowns in a season. Hell, Blake Bortles put up those kind of numbers his rookie year and that would have been better than what the Rams got out of Keenum and Foles.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hit your head Vita and forget what the passing numbers for the Rams were last year?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your suggestion may work Ramsfan88 for Goff but that could also work for a guy we already have on the roster if he gets better coaching. That would be Foles. Our offense is a big problem because it doesn't have as its purpose to attack and score points even though it favors the run. If they would believe in Foles, he may have a comeback year but Fisher and the FO have basically thrown him under the bus.

We have as our goal offensively to get close for Zuerlein to kick a field goal and then let the defense score some points. That approach obviously has not worked. It is demoralizing to the pride of the players. IS it any wonder that our offense is so frustrating and disappointing.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone writing Mannion off already?

I don't get it. If the Rams take a QB in the 1st or 2nd round, then they basically wasted a pick on Mannion without even seeing him play a down in an NFL game.

If the Rams take a QB before the 4th round, I will be shocked.

And considering they have Keenum, Foles and Mannion, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take a QB at all unless by some miracle they found a trade partner for Foles.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching Game-Changer on NFL Network with Mike Mayock. Apparently this year's draft is loaded with DT's They are talking about Nkemdiche and Lawson. Nkemdiche is a beast. 6'4, 310lbs. Apparently though he has significant off-the-field issues. I get the distinct impression that all this talk about the Rams taking a QB is a smoke screen for the Rams selecting a DT. lol!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watson would be great I'd love that. He still needs a little work behind Center but the kid can run and has arm strength. As far as imagining Goff or Wentz putting up better numbers, imagine Goff in the Green Bay game.. He'd still be on the ground.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching Game-Changer on NFL Network with Mike Mayock. Apparently this year's draft is loaded with DT's They are talking about Nkemdiche and Lawson. Nkemdiche is a beast. 6'4, 310lbs. Apparently though he has significant off-the-field issues. I get the distinct impression that all this talk about the Rams taking a QB is a smoke screen for the Rams selecting a DT. lol!

I have come to the conclusion that this year's draft is weak on offense and loaded on the DLine and pretty good at LB. CB isn't shabby either.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone writing Mannion off already?

I don't get it. If the Rams take a QB in the 1st or 2nd round, then they basically wasted a pick on Mannion without even seeing him play a down in an NFL game.

If the Rams take a QB before the 4th round, I will be shocked.

And considering they have Keenum, Foles and Mannion, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take a QB at all unless by some miracle they found a trade partner for Foles.

I'm not. He looked awful last year when he got some snaps - that is why people write him off. If the Rams draft another QB this year, they could possibly write him off though. We should know a lot more about Mannion in year 2.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other junior QB's have done in the NFL has no bearing on what the current prospects can achieve. And like I said, we need someone long term, not a couple of back ups like Foles and Keenum.

But I'm pretty certain Goff can come in and throw for 181 yards a game and pass for more than 11 touchdowns in a season. Hell, Blake Bortles put up those kind of numbers his rookie year and that would have been better than what the Rams got out of Keenum and Foles.

Bortles also plays in the AFC South and a last place schedule for years. Last year Foles got hammered let's face it. He got happy feet and not a lot of help at LT at all. Rams played a tough schedule even outside the conference.

If you look at numbers only :L yeah it's not hard to imagine any QB having better numbers until they get behind that Oline and throw to those WRs. IMO Goff is still laying on the ground in Green Bay.

foles.0.gif