• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Situational pass-rusher need

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His injury came late in the New England game and had all the trademarks of a burner. He left for one, maybe two plays and was right back in.

I want to say I remember seeing him listed as limited on the practice reports with a shoulder injury prior to the New England game.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So I did a little digging. Here's the injury report from the practice week prior to the Dolphins game. Aldon was limited in practice with a shoulder injury on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm going to see if I can find where he first appeared on the injury report.

Dolphins at 49ers Injury Report - The Phinsider

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So it looks like he hurt his shoulder in the Bears game. He wasn't on the injury report that week, but he showed up with a shoulder injury leading up to the Saints game, but was a full participant. He was limited the next week leading up to the second Rams' game and then was limited in practice every week from that point on with a shoulder injury.

I don't think I'd be overly surprised if he ended up having some sort of shoulder surgery in the next few weeks.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say I remember seeing him listed as limited on the practice reports with a shoulder injury prior to the New England game.

Reading this post struck a chord with me as I recall seeing Aldon taking a hit in the Chicago game that he definitely winced from but it didn't knock him out - The sack-fumble in the end zone was the play that came to mind but that did not appear to be it, but I still think you're correct about the Chicago injury.

If I have time to review the entire game I will and see if I can see what you're talking about and I now recall.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for getting another pass rusher... But I swear the D started "looking tired" after Justin tore his triceps. Why is everyone overlooking how that effected the pass rush?

Don't get me wrong... I realize that affected the pass rush. But watch some of the later games and you can see plays where guys are reacting slower and stopping the rush. Depth help with injuries and freshness.

Side note... if Aldon had a spin move he would be unstoppable. Or if he has it, he doesn't really use it.