• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sick, Tyler Bray Vs. Pat White

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like White better under Harbaugh for many reasons (that's how much I value Bray):

Pat White - QB - Free Agent Free agent

QB Pat White says he'll work out for the 49ers.

"Coach (Jim Harbaugh) and I had a conversation about me coming in to work out,'' White said Sunday. "We haven't set up a formal date. I'm just going to make sure I keep working hard for when that day comes." It's possible the visit never comes to pass, but it would be White's first since he started off on the comeback trail. The odds are heavily stacked against the former second-round bust cracking someone's 53-man roster.
Source: USA Today

Mar 25 - 8:49 AM

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like White better under Harbaugh for many reasons (that's how much I value Bray):

Pat White - QB - Free Agent Free agent

QB Pat White says he'll work out for the 49ers.

"Coach (Jim Harbaugh) and I had a conversation about me coming in to work out,'' White said Sunday. "We haven't set up a formal date. I'm just going to make sure I keep working hard for when that day comes." It's possible the visit never comes to pass, but it would be White's first since he started off on the comeback trail. The odds are heavily stacked against the former second-round bust cracking someone's 53-man roster.
Source: USA Today

Mar 25 - 8:49 AM

I can't comment on Bray but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on White. He was pretty explosive at WVU and I thought the Dolphins didn't use him correctly in the wild cat

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather pass, methinks. He not only performed poorly on the Dolphins but seemed to have a poor attitude as well.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V.Davis also had a bad attitude before JH

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's a question for everyone but Bingo because Matt Barkley (or Kolb 2.0 as I like to call him) is currently picking out engagement rings with Bingo, and he isn't available for comment. :)

Say Kaep got abducted by aliens and the Niners had to draft a QB for the future. Would you rather have Tyler Bray or Matt Barkley?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's a question for everyone but Bingo because Matt Barkley (or Kolb 2.0 as I like to call him) is currently picking out engagement rings with Bingo, and he isn't available for comment. :)

Say Kaep got abducted by aliens and the Niners had to draft a QB for the future. Would you rather have Tyler Bray or Matt Barkley?

lol.

I saw what Alex Smith is able to do under coach Harbs and Roman. Barkley is more talented than Alex Smith by far and I know Harbs, Chryst, Roman would salivate to have such a gifted passer as Barkley. Dude is able to throw very well on the run (something Luck excelled at in college and is starting to do in the NFL as well). Last year with the Colts, Bruce Arians used a lot of coach Harb's offensive plays in which Luck was used to as a player at Stanford. Plays which were perceived at being somewhat unstoppable to defend because of his skill set as a gifted passer.

Barkley IMO could do what Alex had done for us these last two years (mistake free football, with high percentage / positive plays) with some extra bonus to his game though. What I mean by that is to the situation that led to Smith's ultimate benching. Though effective, Smith was not suited to make the vertical throws on a consistent basis, which limited our offense a great deal. Barkley on the other hand is not limited in that same way - he would constantly challenge the defense by taking advantage of the deep throws. The guy is not scared to make the tough throws (see Alex Smith playoff game against the NY Giants. 2011 NFC Championship Game). Barkley can fit the ball into tight spaces, especially when rolling out or throwing on the run - which is what Harbaugh loves from his QBs. He doesn’t have the strongest arm velocity wise, but has shown over and over that he as the ability to make the NFL throws.

He and Crabtree would be a match made in heaven, and with Vernon Davis and a speedster like Mario, he would excel tremendously and the reason for this is the oline we would be providing him with. If it weren't for Kaep, I'd be screaming for a trade up for Barkley in this year's draft. You're kidding me. You guys are bugging!!

Russ Lande, National Football Post, Big Ten Network, Author of GM Jr. Draft Guide: "Barkley is a highly intelligent quarterback whose greatest strengths are above his shoulders. He has a good enough arm to make all the NFL throws, and combined with good mechanics and anticipation is effective making quick, timing based throws. While he is being dismissed by many, Barkley will likely turn out to be better than most of the quarterbacks in this year's draft because much of an NFL quarterback's success comes down to his smarts, football intelligence and intangibles."

Rob Rang, CBS Sports, NFL Draft Scout: "While lacking elite physical traits, Barkley possesses the best combination of the 2013 class in the 'Three As' -- awareness, anticipation and accuracy -- which have historically proven to be an effective indicator of future success in the NFL."

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Bray or Matt Barkley? If those are our only two choices we might as well hang it up. If I had to pick between those two I probably go with Barkley by a small margin.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he played for the Dolphins and they used him in the wild cat only, I dont think he sucks, I think he could be a nice backup

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he played for the Dolphins and they used him in the wild cat only, I dont think he sucks, I think he could be a nice backup

Don't understand the reason for stating the bolded and strongly disagree with the rest. But if Harbaalke likes him, I will be forced to re-examine my opinion.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dolphins coaching staff was awful, meaning JH can make him a good backup

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they normally start OTA's with four QB's right? if we add White for a tryout too, don't think its big a deal? he'd have to show some passing skills quickly and if not, move on to an UDFA.

we just have to view it as a quick tryout.