• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sick of all of the Johny Manziel talk

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else tired of the ongoing talk of Johny Manziel, and how he could have been a Cowboy? The draft was in APRIL, why are members of the media and the Cowboys organization still talking about this? Why does Jerry Jones still talk about this? It's all very old at this point. I wonder how Zach Martin has to be feeling when the owner of the team that drafted him talks more about the QB he really wanted...

Stephen Jones had a good quote a couple weeks ago when asked about Jerry's interest in Johny Manziel and how he could of been a Cowboy -- "I want to talk about our guys". This, along with some of the other quotes attributed to Stephen Jones over the off-season have me cautiously optimistic that things might change for the better when Stephen eventually takes over.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, but a lot of people seem to still want to focus on the draft and who we didn't take. It's kind of perplexing. Love to hear that from Stephen. He's said a lot of dumb things lately so it's good to hear him say something smart.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, but a lot of people seem to still want to focus on the draft and who we didn't take. It's kind of perplexing. Love to hear that from Stephen. He's said a lot of dumb things lately so it's good to hear him say something smart.

No doubt Stephen says some dumb things at times, he is Jerruh's seed after all. But in comparison to Jerruh, Stephen is preferable 100 times out of 100 in my book.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah could just shut his hole about manziel but refuses to do so

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else tired of the ongoing talk of Johny Manziel, and how he could have been a Cowboy? The draft was in APRIL, why are members of the media and the Cowboys organization still talking about this? Why does Jerry Jones still talk about this? It's all very old at this point. I wonder how Zach Martin has to be feeling when the owner of the team that drafted him talks more about the QB he really wanted...

Stephen Jones had a good quote a couple weeks ago when asked about Jerry's interest in Johny Manziel and how he could of been a Cowboy -- "I want to talk about our guys". This, along with some of the other quotes attributed to Stephen Jones over the off-season have me cautiously optimistic that things might change for the better when Stephen eventually takes over.

Stevie supposedly ran the 2009 draft. I have little confidence with him. Dumb and dumber is what i see in those two morons

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevie supposedly ran the 2009 draft. I have little confidence with him. Dumb and dumber is what i see in those two morons

I never heard that. Where did you hear/read that?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah needs to get off the booze and stfu. He thinks randle has done a great job. 3.3 yards per carry tells me he is not nfl caliber. He stinks

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike some folks, I don't despise the kid, I just wish the press would significantly reduce the coverage. I'm interested in other teams and players, granted I am aware of the irony here with a Cowboys fan complaining about NFL coverage.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine the Manziel talk if he went to the Cowboys. Be happy he went to a team like Cleveland. Unless hes the next Joe Montana... then you should be pissed. haha

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine the Manziel talk if he went to the Cowboys. Be happy he went to a team like Cleveland. Unless hes the next Joe Montana... then you should be pissed. haha
I know you couldn't have wrote this with a straight face :lol:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's the next Montana so be it. I didn't want him in Dallas and I'm not going to cry if I was wrong.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season starts and that will all end.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad he is not a Cowboy. We have had enough sideshows in Dallas.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team that has it right is New England. They kept Mallet in fold until his rookie deal was up, and then took Garrapolo this year, giving them the option of letting Mallet play out his last season as a backup, or trade him for high value this season when someone's QB gets hurt(or bombs), then they have a solid prospect still in place. Would love to see the Cowboys take this approach(though not with Johnny)

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team that has it right is New England. They kept Mallet in fold until his rookie deal was up, and then took Garrapolo this year, giving them the option of letting Mallet play out his last season as a backup, or trade him for high value this season when someone's QB gets hurt(or bombs), then they have a solid prospect still in place. Would love to see the Cowboys take this approach(though not with Johnny)

The reason they can play it that way is they are not in a draft for need situation.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike some folks, I don't despise the kid, I just wish the press would significantly reduce the coverage. I'm interested in other teams and players, granted I am aware of the irony here with a Cowboys fan complaining about NFL coverage.

I kind of feel bad for the guy.

The media harps on his every action as if he's doing something especially wrong.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland is where QB's go to die.

I don't know how well Manziel's game would have translated into the pros but he would have been a blast to watch on a team like the Cowboys. He was far and away the most exciting player to watch in college. Watching him beat Alabama was incredible.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's the next Montana so be it. I didn't want him in Dallas and I'm not going to cry if I was wrong.

Suuuuuuure. Jerry Jones had Manziels name written on the draft card and his son snatched it away and you wouldn't care if you were inches away from having maybe the greatest player in the history of the NFL from now to 2030. Somehow I doubt that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suuuuuuure. Jerry Jones had Manziels name written on the draft card and his son snatched it away and you wouldn't care if you were inches away from having maybe the greatest player in the history of the NFL from now to 2030. Somehow I doubt that.

I don't believe that story. Wouldn't a million Cowboys fans have wondered while watching the live video feed of the draft what Stephen snatched out of Jerry's hand seconds before our first round pick? Plus, I think the teams that needed a QB this year would be the ones that would regret not taking him more because maybe they should have. He never should have even been part of the Cowboy draft day plan in the first place. It's just typical Jerry Jones to even make this a story. Why is it every year I find out who else Dallas was looking at when they were on the clock, whether it be the guys they were considering or the trade they were considering or what they would have done if they didn't trade, etc. It's just part of the Jerry needs to shut the fuck up issue...