• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sick of all of the Johny Manziel talk

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team that has it right is New England. They kept Mallet in fold until his rookie deal was up, and then took Garrapolo this year, giving them the option of letting Mallet play out his last season as a backup, or trade him for high value this season when someone's QB gets hurt(or bombs), then they have a solid prospect still in place. Would love to see the Cowboys take this approach(though not with Johnny)

Mallet's performance in the first preseason game screwed the pooch on that thought about trading him.

Jerry and Bob Kraft are supposedly good friends. Why hasn't the Pats approach rubbed off on Jerry? :noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallet's performance in the first preseason game screwed the pooch on that thought about trading him.

Jerry and Bob Kraft are supposedly good friends. Why hasn't the Pats approach rubbed off on Jerry? :noidea:

I've heard there's been more talk of moving him to Houston. Fitzpatrick isn't the long term answer there, and Savage is talented but raw

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard there's been more talk of moving him to Houston. Fitzpatrick isn't the long term answer there, and Savage is talented but raw

That was the thinking, but the guy sucks. It was hoped if he did even decently O'Brien who is obviously familiar with Mallet would take him. I don't think that's realistic at this point.

I had heard something about Weeden's wrist being an issue after the game Saturday but haven't seen any update on it in recent days. Anyone know if it's a significant problem?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not surprise me if johnny ends up on the cowboys if he flops in cleveland

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect my qb to be dedicated. Aikman was all in. Romo could have been watching film instead of golfing. Manziel could be learning the playbook instead of going to the night clubs

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect my qb to be dedicated. Aikman was all in. Romo could have been watching film instead of golfing. Manziel could be learning the playbook instead of going to the night clubs

Romo has never seemed to be unprepared, so I don't think his golfing impacted his play. Now that Cabo trip...never mind.

slapshot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly. Johnny has a lot of talent but he's not a grown-up yet. I live in Cleveland so I hope he does well. I also hope he (and the press) stop acting like this is a 4th grade picnic.

:rollseyes:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly. Johnny has a lot of talent but he's not a grown-up yet. I live in Cleveland so I hope he does well. I also hope he (and the press) stop acting like this is a 4th grade picnic.

:rollseyes:

Not likely. The mediots love to shine the spotlight on every little move certain QBs take. Thank god Johnny Finger is removing some of the focus off Griff.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely. The mediots love to shine the spotlight on every little move certain QBs take. Thank god Johnny Finger is removing some of the focus off Griff.

The best thing for Johnny Football(and the Browns), would be for him to sit and learn the entire season, get Josh Gordon back next season, and add a Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, or TJ Yeldon to tote the rock. Then, with their solid D and OL, they could ask Manziel to manage a game the way Russell Wilson does in Seattle, until he is ready to carry the load. While Wilson performed really well, Seattle ranked 26th in pass offense, they didn't ask him to do a lot

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing for Johnny Football(and the Browns), would be for him to sit and learn the entire season, get Josh Gordon back next season, and add a Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, or TJ Yeldon to tote the rock. Then, with their solid D and OL, they could ask Manziel to manage a game the way Russell Wilson does in Seattle, until he is ready to carry the load. While Wilson performed really well, Seattle ranked 26th in pass offense, they didn't ask him to do a lot

Since Hoyer doesn't look much sharper, just more mature, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw Finger by the mid point of the season, if not earlier...

Kids got some talent but like all rookie QBs, gonna need time to mature and get used to NFL speed. Time will tell. The story has just started. And we will be sure to HEAR more than we want to about it..:L

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Hoyer doesn't look much sharper, just more mature, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw Finger by the mid point of the season, if not earlier...

Kids got some talent but like all rookie QBs, gonna need time to mature and get used to NFL speed. Time will tell. The story has just started. And we will be sure to HEAR more than we want to about it..:L

I think Cleveland is on the verge. They made a fantastic trade with Buffalo, and next year they will have two 1st rounders, each of which could be top 10, if not top 5. Get back Gordon, a year under his belt for Manziel, they could challenge for the division in 2-3 years. This year, they just won't score enough

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoyer is better than what he showed Monday. Gruden actually made a good point talking about how the snaps in training camp have been split between Finger and Hoyer. That's not good for either of them. Now that they finally made a decision on the starter, get Hoyer all the snaps. You can't practice part time and expect to do well when it counts, especially a qb with not much experience as a starter.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is better than what he showed Monday. Gruden actually made a good point talking about how the snaps in training camp have been split between Finger and Hoyer. That's not good for either of them. Now that they finally made a decision on the starter, get Hoyer all the snaps. You can't practice part time and expect to do well when it counts, especially a qb with not much experience as a starter.

I believe Cleveland is at home this week, imagine if Hoyer plays like shit and Manziel plays well in front of the home crowd. Head Coaches but already getting hot lol

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland is on the verge. They made a fantastic trade with Buffalo, and next year they will have two 1st rounders, each of which could be top 10, if not top 5. Get back Gordon, a year under his belt for Manziel, they could challenge for the division in 2-3 years. This year, they just won't score enough

Could be. They are set to be in the right spot for some good pick ups down the road. And their D is legit this year. Think they could surprise a lot of peeps this year, QB and Gordon not withstanding...