• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SI preseason top 25 released

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it in the post I replied to. "One of the best backfields in the country". You made my point for me. You have no idea how it is going to be.

One of the best backfields in the country isn't the same as thee best backfield.

ND will have a top 10 backfield, that would qualify as "one of the best".

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn put up 31 points on FSU.

FSU wasn't challenged all season last year, playing Duke in the Conf. Championship, and even Auburn wasn't the best team from their conference.

Yes they did. The part you are forgetting is that ND does not have the qb or rb like Auburn did. No Tre Mason or Nick Marshall. Who was the best team, just curious.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best backfields in the country isn't the same as thee best backfield.

ND will have a top 10 backfield, that would qualify as "one of the best".

No they could POSSIBLY have one. Not they will have. Key difference there.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they could POSSIBLY have one. Not they will have. Key difference there.

Can't wait for the day.

I'm feeling pretty confident, I think we match up well with the Noles.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the day.

I'm feeling pretty confident, I think we match up well with the Noles.

Your D doesn't matchup at all. I am fine with you feeling confident, but I think you know very little about FSU except Winston and the guys who went to the NFL. It is all good though. I will have a house full of Leprechaun fans.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im having a hard time buying nd that high but I could say the same thing about lsu. nd's trength has been defense since Kelly arrived. the d isn't going to be at that level this yr imo. we also have no clue how good golson really he is. he wasn't anything special in his freshman season. too many question marks to be ranked that high.

The defense was terrible last year and ND still managed a 9-4 season and a top 20 ranking at the end of the year. Honestly I don't think the defense can be any worse than last year and the offense should be much better with Golson back and a pretty good array of weapons around him. Probably looking at anywhere from 1 loss to 3/4. Schedule is toughest in the country.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your D doesn't matchup at all. I am fine with you feeling confident, but I think you know very little about FSU except Winston and the guys who went to the NFL. It is all good though. I will have a house full of Leprechaun fans.

Yeah the Defense is looking to be a big question mark. I'm worried about the secondary, and I could see FSU having a big day offensively on us.

But it's all speculation until the season gets going.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Defense is looking to be a big question mark. I'm worried about the secondary, and I could see FSU having a big day offensively on us.

But it's all speculation until the season gets going.
:agree:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody knows how good the defense will be. The defense lost 5 starters off last year's team. But again the defense was terrible last year. I would argue there is more talent and depth on this year's defense last year, but a lot of it is inexperience. Our secondary should be very good. And FSU was a better passing team than rushing team last year and I don't see that changing this year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is going to throat fuck the domers. :nod:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent seen a single prediction from anyone in the press that has Iowa going WORSE than 9-3 ( thats the worst Ive seen ) yet nobody has them in the top 25... LOL. Oh well itll all work itself out I guess but any poll that has Marshall ranked is clearly somewhat basing their preseason rankings on where they think teams will finsih and a 9-3 or better Big 5 conference team is not going to be unranked

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens every year. Go 4-0 playing a piss poor OOC, win 2 or 3 games from there out.

we're like the best team Ole Miss has played non-conference in year's I'm pretty sure

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent seen a single prediction from anyone in the press that has Iowa going WORSE than 9-3 ( thats the worst Ive seen ) yet nobody has them in the top 25... LOL. Oh well itll all work itself out I guess but any poll that has Marshall ranked is clearly somewhat basing their preseason rankings on where they think teams will finsih and a 9-3 or better Big 5 conference team is not going to be unranked

If Iowa goes 9-3 with that schedule they don't deserve to be ranked.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're like the best team Ole Miss has played non-conference in year's I'm pretty sure

Not really. They played Texas the last two years and we dropped 66 on them in Oxford in '12 (should have been 80 plus had Mack not shown mercy). They whipped our ass in Austin last year though.....

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows how good the defense will be. The defense lost 5 starters off last year's team. But again the defense was terrible last year. I would argue there is more talent and depth on this year's defense last year, but a lot of it is inexperience. Our secondary should be very good. And FSU was a better passing team than rushing team last year and I don't see that changing this year.

Little misconception about the rushing game for FSU. Averaged just under 6 ypc and over 200 yds per game. Passing was just over 10 yds/attempt. Averaged 3 TDs per game rushing and 3 tds passing. I actually see a better rushing game this year than last. 5 seniors on the OL and no playing 3 backs per game all the time. Karlos Williams is a monster and showed it last year. Add in the other rbs they should be good.

One thing Jimbo loves is balance.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was terrible last year and ND still managed a 9-4 season and a top 20 ranking at the end of the year. Honestly I don't think the defense can be any worse than last year and the offense should be much better with Golson back and a pretty good array of weapons around him. Probably looking at anywhere from 1 loss to 3/4. Schedule is toughest in the country.

it really wasn't all that bad. it was ranked 27th in the country with a fairly difficult schedule while the offense was ranked 75th