• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SI cover still all about Manning

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks win the Superbowl, and there are more Broncos in the SI cover than Seahawks.

And Manning is front and center in the cover, of course.

lol

seattle-seahawks-sports-illustrated-cover-peyton-manning.jpg

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that and just shook my head. But the regular season wonder sells issues so they went with what they know is going to work.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't see it the same way you do.

In that picture I see two Seahawks totally owning three others and getting to Manning. I see the domination of the defense.

Sure Manning is in the picture and he was a part of that story. If not for him and his offense over the season no one would be talking about that performance by our defense as one of the best in SB history and having all of the discussions about this defenses place in overall history.

I'm totally fine with it.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought looking at the photo is damn Michael Bennett is bout to get paid!

Hopefully we'll find a way to bring him back but he's easily one of the most coveted free agents this year with the way he played and the championship experience he would bring to a team

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In that picture I see two Seahawks totally owning three others and getting to Manning. I see the domination of the defense.

Sure Manning is in the picture and he was a part of that story. If not for him and his offense over the season no one would be talking about that performance by our defense as one of the best in SB history and having all of the discussions about this defenses place in overall history.

I see all of that, too.

Manning isn't just part of the picture, he's the focal point, and it's not an accident. That's probably the best way for a company that really only cares about the East Coast to show the dominance of the Hawks defense while still keeping readers who only care about the endless Manning/Brady debate interested.

I'm a huge Manning fan, btw.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like it. You got three Broncos trying to block two Seahawks from getting to Manning and It looks like they failed. Kind of what the game was about, no need to bring extra pass rushers to pressure Manning, Seahawks did it with their DL, no blitzing necessary.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like Manning. Always look forward to his games.
The thing is, Seattle just won a superbowl in very convincing fashion. We got a franchise QB. We got a superior front office. Our future is very bright. Is there really anything in the sports world that is going to even slightly annoy us?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with it. The story of the game was how we kept the pressure on Manning all night long and this pic on the cover illustrates that very well. The story was our defense manhandling their offense, which means that any picture they could have used to illustrate that would have included Broncos players.. whether it was Manning getting pressured, their receivers getting crushed or guys trying to chase down Malcolm Smith on his pick-six, Broncos players would have been in the picture.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this cover sums up how great the Seahawks defense played for 60 mins. Manning and that offense didn't have an answer to anything Caroll and Quinn threw at them. I actually really like the cover.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It should have been all about the Seahawks and their victory. A picture containing the Lombardi Trophy, World Series Trophy, Stanley Cup, etc... is a must in a championship cover.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should have been all about the Seahawks and their victory. A picture containing the Lombardi Trophy, World Series Trophy, Stanley Cup, etc... is a must in a championship cover.

To be honest with you I hope the players find it to be a disrespect. This team thrives on playing with a chip on their shoulders and now have to transition to playing as front runners that are getting respect. The more they can find to motivate them by way of slights or perceived disrespects the better.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Actually, what I see there IS about the Seahawks dominating victory. I'm with Wizard, it shows 2 Hawks defenders punking 4 Broncos, imo. And the headline is a resounding "BOOM

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That picture pretty much sums up the game to me.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC, there are some thin-skinned b@astards here! I am in complete agreement with those who think that the cover correctly shows the story of the game. - A world class defense all but completely shutting down one of the best offensive machines (I'm referring to the entire Denver O, not just Manning) that the NFL has ever seen.

But, hey; there's nothing but a HUGE "diss" in showing that, huh? :rollseyes:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to the fact we get no respect.

I am a huge manning backer but still "all about manning"

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly what I thought and came in to post that.