• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shut up RG3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 thinks he is still in college. He thinks he is by far the best athlete on the field and that just isn't the way it is at this level. It's not about the highlight plays...it's about moving the sticks. I stole that from a guy I can't stand and that's Sham Newton. Sham has learned and hopefully RG3 will as well.

RG3 needs to learn to step up in the pocket and not take off when it's not there. The first sack in this game was because of that...RG3 stepped up and Williams had Hali but RG3 tried to dash through a gap and Hali came off the block to get him.

RG3 needs to stop with the media and stop yapping to the owner. Who cares what plays you want to run RG3?

Truly amazing that you have a gift that allows you to KNOW what RGIII thinks. Maybe Sham should have told you about his bad 2nd season as happens to almost all NFL QBS. (you could have used your gift to pick Sham's mind on this)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is a baby if he went to Dan Snyder because he wasn't getting his way. He is a second year player and at the rate he's going...he won't see a huge contract.

Please. He will be fine. He is a kid & is making mistakes. You brought up the excellent comparison of Newton. A lot of these guys make mistakes early on & clean them up by year 3 or 4. The key is the lack of leadership. I put this one much more on Shanahan & Snyder.

Yes Snyder can do whatever he likes. However - if he wants to turn the tide for this organization (long term - not just for one season) he needs to change his ways and distance himself even more from the players and daily operations. If that doesn't happen problems will continue. Remember - we have seen these problems with AH, McNabb, Turner, etc, etc. It goes way beyond RG3 - it is a cultural issue.

Shanahan is far from being without blame on this one & to me he kind of comes across as a baby who is not being totally honest. His fate is sealed. I appreciate many of the thins he did during his tenure, but it is time to go - good riddance.

Hopefully - Snyder backs off more over time so that we don't have to have yet another season of drama & poor results.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is a baby if he went to Dan Snyder because he wasn't getting his way. He is a second year player and at the rate he's going...he won't see a huge contract.

he isnt a baby if he had a concern that wasnt addressed by the staff no one knows what issue was there and it doesnt mean "he didnt get his way " either

we simply dont know that perhaps it was but we dont know that

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gke,

Not getting on your case - just curious. You may have mentioned this before but have you been a Redskins fan for most or all of your life?

I ask this since you appear to be as much of a Mike Shanahan fan as a Redskins fan. I am just the opposite. I just care about the Redskins & don't really care who the coach is as long as they can win in the long run.

If (or more likely when) the Skins fire Shanahan I certainly wish him luck but really could care less about him after that time. I just want this team to do well. Thanks in advance.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally a Redskins fan and I think Mike Shanahan is the best coach we have had since Schottenheimer for sure. I don't think Mike is getting a fair shake.

I have already stated I expect him to be fired but disagree with the decision.
I defend Mike because I don't think a new coach and no unity is the answer. We have been down this road. Mike won our first division title in over a decade last season and people want to give up...sounds stupid to me.

Once Mike leaves this team, I don't care what happens to him. I'm not nearly as gracious as you are and wish him the worst of luck.

My only man crush is on Peyton Manning.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gk, shanahan, or his cronies, most likely leaked that story yesterday. If true, he hast to go. That's a bullshit move and no way in the best interest of the team, especially right before a game. Also, this team has quit on him. Some publicly back him, but their play doesn't match their words. For this reason, he also has to go. While I don't think he is the only problem, he is the top and this team is regressing. We can't fire Snyder, so shanahan has to go.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gk, shanahan, or his cronies, most likely leaked that story yesterday. If true, he hast to go. That's a bullshit move and no way in the best interest of the team, especially right before a game. Also, this team has quit on him. Some publicly back him, but their play doesn't match their words. For this reason, he also has to go. While I don't think he is the only problem, he is the top and this team is regressing. We can't fire Snyder, so shanahan has to go.

j_y.... No way you can play the whole best interest of the team card, and then absolve RG3 for his less than team focused decisions this season. If it was really about what was best for the team as a whole, RG3 should have not been playing the 1st four weeks or even more of the season. Blame goes all the way around on this one. The more I hear, the more I expect this to devolve into another clusterfuck of epic proportions.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y.... No way you can play the whole best interest of the team card, and then absolve RG3 for his less than team focused decisions this season. If it was really about what was best for the team as a whole, RG3 should have not been playing the 1st four weeks or even more of the season. Blame goes all the way around on this one. The more I hear, the more I expect this to devolve into another clusterfuck of epic proportions.

I didn't absolve anyone from blame, my friend. There is enough to go around for everyone. If, in fact, shanahan was pressured to play RG3 even if he felt he wasn't ready, then that's wrong, but shanahan should have grown a backbone and said no. If he did, could it have ended worse than it is now ending?