• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shouldn't there be a thread to LOL @ USC?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you missed the game last night. The o-line couldn't run block or pass protect. Kessler was sacked 5 times and hurried or forced out of the pocket several more times. Sark didn't randomly decide anything. If the line can't run block or pass protect, it doesn't matter what the coach calls.

Their D had our o-line confused most of the night. They looked like they were prepared as far as knowing the defense, but they were slow to get up to game speed. By the time they did and the offense started to get a little rhythm, it was already too late.

If we're still seeing stuff like this next year and the year after, then it's on Sark and his staff. Last night was freshmen playing like freshmen. Sucks for last night and I think the combo of playing so many experienced guys and lack of depth will cost us at least 1 more game this season. However, on the positive side, I think the experience they are getting now will pay off over the next couple of seasons.

I agree with this post and add that the lost "leadership" due to sanctions is a big factor. The problem with sanctions is they are most painful at the end because that is when you don't have as much senior leadership just from numbers and attrition. When you have limited scholarships you focus on the best athletes and no one knows how many 3 stars you don't get that play out of their mind and become the "glue" of the team.

It's just missed opportunities that can't be controlled you just have to play through it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is my 2nd favorite team, but yeah that too.

<~~My avatar is because Stanford lost.

I was wondering about that avatar. How much longer do you have to wear that trolling thing?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 is struggling right now. I'm tentative to say that Oregon and ASU may be the only deserving top 25 teams in the PAC, with Arizona not far behind. UTSA and Nevada might not lose any conference games.

Stop wetting your Gump pants Forrest.

PAC12 is struggling? We went 7 for 8 on Sat and UW's Shaq Thompson was the national defensive player of the week.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PAC12 is struggling? We went 7 for 8 on Sat and UW's Shaq Thompson was the national defensive player of the week.

Well, who are your top teams?

Oregon - played a cupcake, so of course a win is expected. They are obviously a good team though.
Stanford - played a cupcake, but lost to USC last week. I said all offseason I thought they were on a bit of a slide, which is unfortunate.
USC - lost to BC, #9 my ass.
UCLA - barely beat a LOL Texas team. Media hyped preseason top10 doesn't really belong in the top25.
Arizona St - played Colorado, and it really shouldn't have been that close.

Washington finally looked better, but it's a bit early to tell with the struggles in the 1st 2 weeks. And it was a lower/mid tier B1G team as well, so jury is still out. Still, not a top25 team at this point really.

No way is the Pac12 the 2nd best conference right now, #3 is more like it. Which is a pretty big drop when you consider some people were trying to claim they were about to be the #1 conference.

Still a lot of football to be played, but considering these are the cupcake weeks for the most part - I can't see too much improvement in the future. Looks like its pretty much Oregon or bust, and ASU might provide a good game for the CCG in San Jose.

So, if you have more than 2 top25 teams, then who?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Illinois. Worst power 5 team in country.

Statistically worst offense in 2013

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, who are your top teams?

Oregon - played a cupcake, so of course a win is expected. They are obviously a good team though.
Stanford - played a cupcake, but lost to USC last week. I said all offseason I thought they were on a bit of a slide, which is unfortunate.
USC - lost to BC, #9 my ass.
UCLA - barely beat a LOL Texas team. Media hyped preseason top10 doesn't really belong in the top25.
Arizona St - played Colorado, and it really shouldn't have been that close.

Washington finally looked better, but it's a bit early to tell with the struggles in the 1st 2 weeks. And it was a lower/mid tier B1G team as well, so jury is still out. Still, not a top25 team at this point really.

No way is the Pac12 the 2nd best conference right now, #3 is more like it. Which is a pretty big drop when you consider some people were trying to claim they were about to be the #1 conference.

Still a lot of football to be played, but considering these are the cupcake weeks for the most part - I can't see too much improvement in the future. Looks like its pretty much Oregon or bust, and ASU might provide a good game for the CCG in San Jose.

So, if you have more than 2 top25 teams, then who?

Not if Taylor Kelly is out for the season.

The PAC south is a mess as far as projecting a winner.

Watch Zona CAL this week. If Cal wins, oh boy PAC South....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this post and add that the lost "leadership" due to sanctions is a big factor. The problem with sanctions is they are most painful at the end because that is when you don't have as much senior leadership just from numbers and attrition. When you have limited scholarships you focus on the best athletes and no one knows how many 3 stars you don't get that play out of their mind and become the "glue" of the team.

It's just missed opportunities that can't be controlled you just have to play through it.

Yep, they are very talented, but they are very inexperienced too. They look great one play and screw up the next. It's fun to watch and frustrating as hell at the same time.:lol: