• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Mountain West Kick San Jose State out?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They are an embarrassment. Then add North Dakota State.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They are an embarrassment. Then add North Dakota State.

They won't go without South Dakota State, which is also an upgrade

Honestly drop San Jose State, add the Dakotas and then ask BYU how independence is going

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't go without South Dakota State, which is also an upgrade

Honestly drop San Jose State, add the Dakotas and then ask BYU how independence is going

BYU thought they were too good for the conference & left. I don't want them back. Plus some of their fans are downright assholes. I saw this happen during UNLV/BYU basketball & football games. And during MWC conference tourney games. Their so-called religious non-drinking fans get all liquored up & act like fools. Starting fights w/ UNLV fans & students.

And I know it's only a small portion of their fans that act like this. But the fact I have seen these drunken outbursts firsthand on multiple occasions is why I don't want them back in the conference. Let them stay next to irrelevant in the WCC.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU thought they were too good for the conference & left. I don't want them back. Plus some of their fans are downright assholes. I saw this happen during UNLV/BYU basketball & football games. And during MWC conference tourney games. Their so-called religious non-drinking fans get all liquored up & act like fools. Starting fights w/ UNLV fans & students.

And I know it's only a small portion of their fans that act like this. But the fact I have seen these drunken outbursts firsthand on multiple occasions is why I don't want them back in the conference. Let them stay next to irrelevant in the WCC.

Their players are usually dirty too. The alternatives to BYU would be someone in the state of Texas.... Texas State is in fertile recruiting ground and in a conference that would make them willing to jump, they haven't acted on any of their potential yet though. UTSA might be a bit less willing to jump but they're also in prime territory and they're the only football the city of San Antonio has

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1,000 Words: Mountain West needs to do something about San Jose State

Article from a writer saying the MWC should, honestly it could be a good point....seriously the only accomplishment San Jose State has had since joining the conference is costing it millions of dollars by upsetting a previously unbeaten Fresno State in 2013

I'm all for dropping San Jose State but ONLY if they also drop Hawaii. And forget about adding any teams to replace them. I say just go back to a 10 team conference.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, if you are going to evaluate, football , men's & women's basketball, and baseball, you also need to evaluate softball. How did SJSU do in that sport the last five years?

And, along with win-loss records, you should also evaluate their attendance (vs the rest of the conference) in football and men's & women's basketball. Baseball & softball attendance figures are harder to come by.

If the Spartans' attendance is as poor as their records in the major sports, and they haven't made any of the facilities upgrades they've promised, then maybe you should kick them to the curb. But try to line up a replacement first. I would think the leading candidates would be UTEP, Montana, North Dakota St. & North Texas.

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, if you are going to evaluate, football , men's & women's basketball, and baseball, you also need to evaluate softball. How did SJSU do in that sport the last five years?

And, along with win-loss records, you should also evaluate their attendance (vs the rest of the conference) in football and men's & women's basketball. Baseball & softball attendance figures are harder to come by.

If the Spartans' attendance is as poor as their records in the major sports, and they haven't made any of the facilities upgrades they've promised, then maybe you should kick them to the curb. But try to line up a replacement first. I would think the leading candidates would be UTEP, Montana, North Dakota St. & North Texas.

I'm a fan of the Boise State softball team but the results of the "Olympic" Sports are - for the most part - irrelevant (including Track & Field). So as to San Jose State and how they've done in softball...............who cares? I certainly don't.

And again - I see no need to replace any team that is dropped from the Mtn. West. So discussion of "replacements" is equally irrelevant as well. But suggesting Montana is absurd in the extreme. Montana is a Div I-AA school - always has been - always will be. They have made it VERY clear that they have no desire to move up to what used to be referred to as Div I-A. I say drop San Jose State AND Hawaii and leave it as a 10 team conference - play all 9 other teams in the conference once in football and twice in basketball every year.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of the Boise State softball team but the results of the "Olympic" Sports are - for the most part - irrelevant (including Track & Field). So as to San Jose State and how they've done in softball...............who cares? I certainly don't.

And again - I see no need to replace any team that is dropped from the Mtn. West. So discussion of "replacements" is equally irrelevant as well. But suggesting Montana is absurd in the extreme. Montana is a Div I-AA school - always has been - always will be. They have made it VERY clear that they have no desire to move up to what used to be referred to as Div I-A. I say drop San Jose State AND Hawaii and leave it as a 10 team conference - play all 9 other teams in the conference once in football and twice in basketball every year.

Actually Montana was a major college back before the days when Division I was split into 1-A (FBS) & 1-AA (FCS) - probably when Boise St. was still a junior college - and they were once a member of the Pacific Coast Conference (along with Idaho), which eventually evolved into today's Pac-12. As a matter of fact, New Mexico, Wyoming, and maybe Colorado St. are the only current MWC members that were considered major college back when Montana was still playing at that level.

The last time Montana was approached about moving up to the FBS level it was by a desperate & dying conference - the WAC - which they wanted no part of. They might reconsider if they were approached by a more sturdy league, even if many of the same members that ran from the WAC now make up that league.