• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bulls blow it up if they don't make finals?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Gentry.

He had one good year in 12 years as coach and only made the playoffs twice in 12 years. This would be a terrible hire by the Bulls. I would hire a guy like Scotty Brooks before hiring this dude and I'm not even a fan of Brooks

If gentry gets a defensive coach with gentry I rather have him

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thst series and the rumors swirling of their coach leaving. Yes....yes chicago should change direction and start over. If they couldn't get it done this year they won't. Maybe try to get KD? To be your new franchise player.

Get KD, get Aldridge, maybe keep Gasol. What a nasty 3,4,5 man combo. Draft a young guard or get Rondo.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls should tell Thibs to bring in a guy to run his offense or he's gone. In the past, even with Rose healthy, they just didn't have the offensive players outside of Rose, to avoid those long offensive droughts that seemed to kill them every season. With Gasol, Rose, Dunleavy to stretch the floor and the emergence of Butler as an offensive threat, offensive talent is no longer the problem. It's the offense itself.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big changes coming to Chicago this summer, got to think Thibs is gone and a few roster moves will be made as well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls should tell Thibs to bring in a guy to run his offense or he's gone. In the past, even with Rose healthy, they just didn't have the offensive players outside of Rose, to avoid those long offensive droughts that seemed to kill them every season. With Gasol, Rose, Dunleavy to stretch the floor and the emergence of Butler as an offensive threat, offensive talent is no longer the problem. It's the offense itself.

To be fair to Thibs the offense really did improve in the regular season but they just disappeared in the playoffs....that tends to happen when you have lots of guys who can't create their own shot. The only guys who can create their own shot on that roster is Rose, Butler, Pau, and I guess Aaron Brooks. Outside of that the rest of the roster can't. The Bulls did finish 10th in OFF EFF this regular season so they were much improved.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Thibs the offense really did improve in the regular season but they just disappeared in the playoffs....that tends to happen when you have lots of guys who can't create their own shot. The only guys who can create their own shot on that roster is Rose, Butler, Pau, and I guess Aaron Brooks. Outside of that the rest of the roster can't. The Bulls did finish 10th in OFF EFF this regular season so they were much improved.

Problem was that when they got to the playoffs, where they saw the same team game after game and adjustments could be made, they didn't respond to the Cavs adjustments well enough. They ended up with the same stagnant offense and scoring droughts that plagued them in previous years.

Maybe it was too many injuries and they just weren't familiar enough with each other because they didn't have enough time on the floor together, maybe Thibs isn't strong enough as an offensive coach to make the necessary adjustments or maybe a combination. Whatever the problem was, they need to figure something out while they still have some time with the current roster to get it right.

I don't know if firing Thibs is the answer, but they clearly need to do something.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem was that when they got to the playoffs, where they saw the same team game after game and adjustments could be made, they didn't respond to the Cavs adjustments well enough. They ended up with the same stagnant offense and scoring droughts that plagued them in previous years.

Maybe it was too many injuries and they just weren't familiar enough with each other because they didn't have enough time on the floor together, maybe Thibs isn't strong enough as an offensive coach to make the necessary adjustments or maybe a combination. Whatever the problem was, they need to figure something out while they still have some time with the current roster to get it right.

I don't know if firing Thibs is the answer, but they clearly need to do something.
This. I also think Thibs misuses personnel at times. Wayyy too much fuckin Heinrich, way too much.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that time when I said Kerr being a much better coach than Jackson and you calling me an idiot? LOL

Just because the Warriors are balling out doesn't necessarily mean Kerr is a better coach than Jackson. Steph Curry morphed into an MVP this season and the rest of the Warriors have also been playing pretty well. There's no way to say they wouldn't be just as good this season if Jackson was still there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I also think Thibs misuses personnel at times. Wayyy too much fuckin Heinrich, way too much.

Yeah, I kind of understand why he kept going to Heinrich. If Heinrich got a hot hand in even one of those games, the Bulls probably advance.

However, at some point, you have to say that he either doesn't have it this series or recognize that maybe the Cavs were doing something defensively to throw him off and look in a different direction, even if it's out of desperation.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Warriors are balling out doesn't necessarily mean Kerr is a better coach than Jackson. Steph Curry morphed into an MVP this season and the rest of the Warriors have also been playing pretty well. There's no way to say they wouldn't be just as good this season if Jackson was still there.

Yeah, when a team performs better in the 1st season with a new coach, it can be difficult to know for certain if it was because of the change in coaches or just the natural progression of a team "growing up."

Example, would the Bulls have still won the title the season after Doug Collins left or was Phil really the difference maker? Same thing when he came to the Lakers. Would they have still won the title with Del Harris or did Phil make the difference there?

Maybe, if Mark Jackson was still there, they'd still be preparing for the WCF, maybe not. If I were a GSW fan, I wouldn't care. I'd just be happy about what the team is doing.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when a team performs better in the 1st season with a new coach, it can be difficult to know for certain if it was because of the change in coaches or just the natural progression of a team "growing up."

Example, would the Bulls have still won the title the season after Doug Collins left or was Phil really the difference maker? Same thing when he came to the Lakers. Would they have still won the title with Del Harris or did Phil make the difference there?

Maybe, if Mark Jackson was still there, they'd still be preparing for the WCF, maybe not. If I were a GSW fan, I wouldn't care. I'd just be happy about what the team is doing.

+1`

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL just stop. If you look at the offensive sets they run this year compared to last year. It's comparing a piece of shit mark Jackson had. To beautiful art which Kerr has. He made tons of pages of plays he runs. If you pay one ounce of attention to the warriors you would know! Also other warriors are balling out is because Kerr has well run offensive system LOL if you think otherwise

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Omg I think this is like the only forum that thinks that LOL. Go look at the offensive sets they have run this year compared to last year

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year under Jackson they were last in passes per possession. This year they're first in that department and you know why

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobodys mentioning the loss of Deng.
While nothing he does looks spectacular on the court, he is very effective at what he does most of the time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg I think this is like the only forum that thinks that LOL. Go look at the offensive sets they have run this year compared to last year

OMG, I think GSW fans are the only one's that can't grasp the point that was made in the post.

Teams, especially young teams, go through a learning process. More and more is added each year as they learn and grow.

Would the Warriors be running the same offense under Jackson that Kerr has? Probably not. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have added to what they were doing or that the players natural growth as a team wouldn't have gotten them to the WCF with Jackson as coach.

To definitively say that there is no way that they would be having the same success under Jackson as they are under Kerr, is no less stupid than definitively saying they would. There is simply no way to know for certain because Jackson is gone and didn't get that opportunity this season.

I'm really not sure why GSW fans are so determined to shit all over Mark Jackson. I'd think you'd just be happy to be in the WCF for the first time since the 70's rather than bashing your previous coach.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, I think GSW fans are the only one's that can't grasp the point that was made in the post.

Teams, especially young teams, go through a learning process. More and more is added each year as they learn and grow.

Would the Warriors be running the same offense under Jackson that Kerr has? Probably not. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have added to what they were doing or that the players natural growth as a team wouldn't have gotten them to the WCF with Jackson as coach.

To definitively say that there is no way that they would be having the same success under Jackson as they are under Kerr, is no less stupid than definitively saying they would. There is simply no way to know for certain because Jackson is gone and didn't get that opportunity this season.

I'm really not sure why GSW fans are so determined to shit all over Mark Jackson. I'd think you'd just be happy to be in the WCF for the first time since the 70's rather than bashing your previous coach.

Would they they have the same success under Jackson? NO. You're telling me they would win 67 games? lol c'mon man. I know the difference between a good and bad coach. Also I am happy about the western conference appearance. This is the best coaching staff I've ever seen in 30 years by the way

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would they they have the same success under Jackson? NO. You're telling me they would win 67 games? lol c'mon man.

How do you know he wouldn't have? If he was still coaching, you;re saying Curry wouldn't have developed into the MVP this season? And the rest of the team wouldn't have played as well either?

As far as knowing the difference between a bad and good coach, you're a little biased. Example, Gentry would be a solid fit with the Bulls when history indicates otherwise. Just 2 winning seasons in 12 seasons as HC.