• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Rex Ryan be fired?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most coaches deserve more than a year, but he's been particularly awful this year. His coaching ineptitude specifically cost them at least two games and the way he destroyed the defense impacted the entire year. Reports are coming out now about coaches struggling with the most basic elements of running a game. You just know he won't switch back to a 4-3 and admit his mistakes so why not just cut ties now?

I admit I was happy with the hire at first, but wow...he's been terrible. And you guys wonder why I'm so "negative"...look what happens when I have a rare moment of optimism.

I know some fans give him credit for choosing Taylor in the QB battle, but how much credit can you really get for picking someone over EJ Manuel? This isn't Jim Harbaugh going with Kaepernick over a proven QB and ending up in the Super Bowl.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most coaches deserve more than a year, but he's been particularly awful this year. His coaching ineptitude specifically cost them at least two games and the way he destroyed the defense impacted the entire year. Reports are coming out now about coaches struggling with the most basic elements of running a game. You just know he won't switch back to a 4-3 and admit his mistakes so why not just cut ties now?

I admit I was happy with the hire at first, but wow...he's been terrible. And you guys wonder why I'm so "negative"...look what happens when I have a rare moment of optimism.

I know some fans give him credit for choosing Taylor in the QB battle, but how much credit can you really get for picking someone over EJ Manuel? This isn't Jim Harbaugh going with Kaepernick over a proven QB and ending up in the Super Bowl.

I meant the fact Taylor was even signed to begin with... not the choosing him over EJ and Cassel part.

That said, I can't disagree with anything you've mentioned. But who do you hire to get that defense back? Schwartz? Who runs the offense? Switching offenses would likely be just as big an adjustment in the negative as the defense seems to have been. I gotta thonk that the defense is an easier fix, and the offense just needs experience.

Who knows.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is I'm glad I'm also a Boise State fan so I won't get mad today when Rex Ryan schemes the perfect defense for Kellen Moore to torch us.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that's not all I can say

I actually agree with you, Greg Roman is the only reason we haven't dipped to the bottom of the league this year, well and so is Doug Whaley who people apparently thought was on the hot seat.

Whaley made the signing of Tyrod, and did an excellent draft this year, I mean where would we be without drafting Karlos Williams in the 5th round, not only is he already a stud now, we have a future top running back in him, and we got Mike Gillislee who came out of nowhere it seems to be a good running back, it's incredible what we found on the offense this year

and then there's Rex Ryan the "defensive mastermind" who for as much progress we made with the offense he took not one, not two but three steps back with the defense

It actually blows my mind how badly he destroyed our defense this year

if it weren't for Gilmore and Darby playing so well this year we would have had a defense on level with the Saints and Eagles

We have the players for a 4-3 defense and that's the defense we have to run in order to have success, I wish we would tell Ryan that and give him an ultimatum, either run the defense that actually works or you're out of here

If he keeps trying with this 3-4 crap we're basically going to have to start over and go another decade without making the playoffs

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills have never had a shortage of quality RBs. It's like the one positive thing I come to expect from them year after year. It's everything else that is a joke.