• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shayne Gostisbehere Era Begins Tomorrow Night

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is the Flyers need to have those pieces, you can have "puck movers" and "stay at home d-men" on your team but just because they are considered one of those two doesn't mean they're automatically good - the current group of d-men isn't a desirable group so hopefully those young guys will make it so that they can do what the Kings do with the pairings

But you also can't pair Schenn with Grossmann either because you want Ghost to play with Streit. That's my point...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost looked, fine, to me. Made a few mistakes in the d zone, ie leaving datsyuk alone, but you could see the danger he creates offensively.

Didn't help that his stick broke on him and his partner was in lala land...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid played very well for a first game with almost zero pro experience. While he may not be a defensive stalwart, his speed and creativity on breakouts and in the offensive zone more than make up for that, plus allow him to recover quickly defensively or bail out his partner if necessary.

Aside from maybe Timonen, I'm not used to seeing our defensemen make slick, subtle plays defensively or hard passes to spring breakouts the way that I think Gostisbehere can. This helps big time in relieving pressure defensively and then applying it offensively.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't help that his stick broke on him and his partner was in lala land...

all I'm saying is he could've played that differently. certainly schenn (I think it was) could've played it differently too. but leaving datsyuk alone in front of the net is on all 5 guys on the ice, you just can't do that. stick or no stick.

other than that I thought he recovered well from any other minor mistakes he made. I kinda hope he gets a couple more games before they send him back down. he's fun to watch.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he played VERY well overall. And, he didn't just get sheltered minutes against Detroit's lower lines and with primarily offensive zone starts.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you also can't pair Schenn with Grossmann either because you want Ghost to play with Streit. That's my point...

I will take it one further. Striet is best when he can jump in and knows someone has his back. Kimmo was the same way. Ghost will also fall into the category. I don't want to hold Streit back because he would have to take on a stronger defensive roll playing with Ghost. We need to let our best guys play to their strengths.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost played very well for a kid worth two games pro experience. He will be our best defenseman in the future I can see it now and hopefully one of the best in the league!

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost played very well for a kid worth two games pro experience. He will be our best defenseman in the future I can see it now and hopefully one of the best in the league!

I like to think of a future top line pairing of Ghost - Morin. Ghost has to learn positional defense and who better to learn it from than Timonen. Morin is the big stay home guy to pair with a smaller mobile guy. I can see the future. 5 years from now we could have a lineup of

Ghost - Morin
Sanheim - Hagg
Someone - A Mac (yes, this would be his last year or his contract).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think of a future top line pairing of Ghost - Morin. Ghost has to learn positional defense and who better to learn it from than Timonen. Morin is the big stay home guy to pair with a smaller mobile guy. I can see the future. 5 years from now we could have a lineup of

Ghost - Morin
Sanheim - Hagg
Someone - A Mac (yes, this would be his last year or his contract).

I was hoping for more like 3 years for Morin Ghost Hagg and 5 years for Sanheim. If we can dump AMac on somebody that would be great General managing by Hexy.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for more like 3 years for Morin Ghost Hagg and 5 years for Sanheim. If we can dump AMac on somebody that would be great General managing by Hexy.

I am hoping its earlier. I just wanted to show how ridiculous the A Mac contract is ;-)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take it one further. Striet is best when he can jump in and knows someone has his back. Kimmo was the same way. Ghost will also fall into the category. I don't want to hold Streit back because he would have to take on a stronger defensive roll playing with Ghost. We need to let our best guys play to their strengths.

Exactly and Hextall was quoted as that's his master plan. happy to hear it!