• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks powerplay

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, they miss boyle... It's pretty obvious. Their point men are pretty useless right now and it hurts. it kinda reduced the PP to forcing passes through the crease to score. The Dmen arent pinching looking for the back door play so the 4 PKers are very easily able to defend a stationary PP by simply cutting off the crease, pressure Joe on the half boards, and leaving the pointmen open only to pressure them with the high PKer the second the pass comes back. This means that the shot ends up blocked or the Dman just dumps it back down low... Boyle knows how to walk the line and get the shot through and he is all over the zone creating havoc...

The PK is the big problem now, as they really miss nichol. Great shot blocker, very quick, wins draws, and does all the little things on the PK that matter. His absence is much more hurtful than I previously expected.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, they miss boyle... It's pretty obvious. Their point men are pretty useless right now and it hurts. it kinda reduced the PP to forcing passes through the crease to score. The Dmen arent pinching looking for the back door play so the 4 PKers are very easily able to defend a stationary PP by simply cutting off the crease, pressure Joe on the half boards, and leaving the pointmen open only to pressure them with the high PKer the second the pass comes back. This means that the shot ends up blocked or the Dman just dumps it back down low... Boyle knows how to walk the line and get the shot through and he is all over the zone creating havoc...

The PK is the big problem now, as they really miss nichol. Great shot blocker, very quick, wins draws, and does all the little things on the PK that matter. His absence is much more hurtful than I previously expected.

You know your boy Pavs plays the point on the PP right?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem im seeing on the blue line on the PP from the defensemens side of thing's is that they are all the same type of player, they walk the blue line and maybe shot to the gap in the slot and fire the puck. Where as Boyle is a slasher and likes to dive in deep, once he is back and paired with Braun or White i think the PP is going to take off, it will open up alot of ice and is harder to defend

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem im seeing on the blue line on the PP from the defensemens side of thing's is that they are all the same type of player, they walk the blue line and maybe shot to the gap in the slot and fire the puck. Where as Boyle is a slasher and likes to dive in deep, once he is back and paired with Braun or White i think the PP is going to take off, it will open up alot of ice and is harder to defend

IMO that's only part of the solution. Often times there is very little movement by the forwards away from the puck. That movement will create better shooting lanes for the dmen. In their current set-up they don't have a good triggerman from the point. Pavelski has been trying to fill that role most of the year. The kids got an amazing wrist shot but isn't great with one-timers and his slap shot is about average and not very accurate. I'd like to see a Boyle - White pairing on the point with Pavelski - Thornton - Couture up front on the top PP unit. Pavelski and Couture are two of the best on the team at moving away from the puck, which would force Thornton to move his feet too, and both are good a screaning the goalie. We know what Boyle brings and White has arguably the best slapshot on the team.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO that's only part of the solution. Often times there is very little movement by the forwards away from the puck. That movement will create better shooting lanes for the dmen. In their current set-up they don't have a good triggerman from the point. Pavelski has been trying to fill that role most of the year. The kids got an amazing wrist shot but isn't great with one-timers and his slap shot is about average and not very accurate. I'd like to see a Boyle - White pairing on the point with Pavelski - Thornton - Couture up front on the top PP unit. Pavelski and Couture are two of the best on the team at moving away from the puck, which would force Thornton to move his feet too, and both are good a screaning the goalie. We know what Boyle brings and White has arguably the best slapshot on the team.

Yeah i kind of left that out because its like :deadhorse: at this point, i think we've been complaining about that the last 3 years running.

Starting and stopping and skating a circle does wonders for opening up lanes. You noticed as well as I that when Couture and Seto were out there their movement off the puck was amazing, it might have to do with the ability to skate well. Throw Marleau in that mix i think they have something potentially big.