• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shareece Wright signs with 49ers

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounds like a wash

Yeah, but Pears is markedly more expensive and will likely cost us a comp pick. Don't like the move one bit. We're overpaying fringe starters. It's tough to question Baalke at CB, it's clearly been his best spot at identifying talent, but Wright's contract is a real head-scratcher.

Re: an ILB, I don't see any reason to force one assuming Bowman is truly healthy. Bowman and Wilhoite are a sound starting pair, if not close to Bowman and Willis. Skov and Moody should be adequate backups, potentially rotating Skov on base downs and Moody on passing downs if it comes to them "starting." I know we have a new staff, but the system should stay more or less intact, and we've gotten solid play from a number of throw-away types at ILB, including Tavares Gooden and Larry Grant. I'd be disappointed if we reached for an ILB in the first or second round. There's going to be good talent at other positions in those rounds. It would be dumb to force a pick at a position with limited talent.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
DBG in the 1st them either Perryman or Dorsett in the 2nd from the U!

You want to go WR in the first two rounds? Seems like overkill as we just added T. Smith. Totally fine with using one of those picks on a WR. Not both. We have too many other needs.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Pears is markedly more expensive and will likely cost us a comp pick. Don't like the move one bit. We're overpaying fringe starters. It's tough to question Baalke at CB, it's clearly been his best spot at identifying talent, but Wright's contract is a real head-scratcher.

Re: an ILB, I don't see any reason to force one assuming Bowman is truly healthy. Bowman and Wilhoite are a sound starting pair, if not close to Bowman and Willis. Skov and Moody should be adequate backups, potentially rotating Skov on base downs and Moody on passing downs if it comes to them "starting." I know we have a new staff, but the system should stay more or less intact, and we've gotten solid play from a number of throw-away types at ILB, including Tavares Gooden and Larry Grant. I'd be disappointed if we reached for an ILB in the first or second round. There's going to be good talent at other positions in those rounds. It would be dumb to force a pick at a position with limited talent.

I dont like the Pears signing at all. They could have picked up some scrub off the street who will be just as goood

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes we are short at WR, KR, PR, we need speed!! We also need DL. Inside Backer, CB, G/C! To repair team we need to reconnect the dots! Torrey, Vernon?, DGB, Dorsett would be a great set of recievers/ returners! Go 49ers!! Set up next year with several draft and comp picks!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes we are short at WR, KR, PR, we need speed!! We also need DL. Inside Backer, CB, G/C! To repair team we need to reconnect the dots! Torrey, Vernon?, DGB, Dorsett would be a great set of recievers/ returners! Go 49ers!! Set up next year with several draft and comp picks!

That's precisely my point. We have a lot of needs this year, and we just added a guy in FA who should be a starting WR for the foreseeable future. I'm all for adding another WR in the first two rounds, but two is overkill for a team that needs contributors on both sides of the ball. Ellington has upside as a slot receiver and return man, particularly as he had never focused solely on football until last year. Patton has some upside too, though last year was not promising. We need to look at other positions with one of those early picks.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no problem with what positions we draft but seeing as we not active in free agency we Got 1 starter this year! We have recently lost Upati, McDonald, Willis, Borland, Cowboy?, Crabtree, Gore, Culliver, Cox, Skuta etc! That is a lot of minutes to be replaced this year! Those names to be replaced by signing Torrey, Dockett, Bush, Toast and ? We need a plan to help Kap improve on the fewest points scored in the division! A new staff, new OC, DC cleaning house!?! Go 49ers!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have no problem with what positions we draft but seeing as we not active in free agency we Got 1 starter this year! We have recently lost Upati, McDonald, Willis, Borland, Cowboy?, Crabtree, Gore, Culliver, Cox, Skuta etc! That is a lot of minutes to be replaced this year! Those names to be replaced by signing Torrey, Dockett, Bush, Toast and ? We need a plan to help Kap improve on the fewest points scored in the division! A new staff, new OC, DC cleaning house!?! Go 49ers!!

Most of those guys will need to be replaced with guys already on the roster.

Iupati will be replaced by Brandon Thomas or Marcus Martin.
McDonald will be replaced by Carradine, Dial, and/or TJE (ideally not the latter).
Cowboy, if he's gone, will be replaced by the above and Dockett.
Willis will be replaced by Wilhoite, again.
Borland wasn't projected as a starter this year anyway, until Willis retired.
Crabtree will be replaced by Torrey Smith.
Gore will be replaced by Hyde.
Culliver will be replaced by Dontae Johnson.
Cox will be replaced by Ward.
Skuta will be replaced by Lemonier.

That's without even factoring in the draft, where we should get one or two early contributors. Are most of those a step back, particularly in the short term? Yes. But I don't think the ship is sinking just yet. The offense in particular is pretty similar to what it was last year, and it grossly underperformed. If Kap can pick up his play, we can still be in the playoff hunt.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We should learn playing to the rams, raiders, bears etc. level!! Go 49ers!! Lets see the 49er Pride come back!