• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaq: Dwight couldn't handle LA

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1287329-you_mad.jpg

Oh look, I leave for a week, but my lap dog gets right back by my side when I get back!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, I leave for a week, but my lap dog gets right back by my side when I get back!

You got some serious delusions big boy!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did anyone expect. Shaqs been on Howards ass every since the Superman thing. I dont even know why this is news. Honestly what did anyone expect Shaq to say about Howard? Something good?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did anyone expect. Shaqs been on Howards ass every since the Superman thing. I dont even know why this is news. Honestly what did anyone expect Shaq to say about Howard? Something good?
That dunk contest would've been epic if he dressed up as Batman...

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq sets high standards for his peers....

Player's with his accomplishments naturally want similar results

Not seeing the issue here?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nash comes out and plays like he's 80 this year, we might as well tank for the lotto. The only reason we got D'Antoni was because of him.

I thought they put Nash on the roster to initiate tank sequence?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not really the case. Unless you're talking about the days surrounding their championship, most people are still interested in the Lakers more than any other team. As you can see the this chart comparison of Google Trending teams and the headlines surrounding them over the last few years. I included on the comparison chart, The Lakers, Miami Heat, Celtics, Knicks and Houston Rockets. On the average, even the Celtics have more interest than the Heat:

Google Trends

first off... that googke trends thing is awesome. not sure how you pulled it, but very cool.

but honestly, miami has had more media scrutiny than any team since lebron came.. even if more people search for la

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off... that googke trends thing is awesome. not sure how you pulled it, but very cool.

but honestly, miami has had more media scrutiny than any team since lebron came.. even if more people search for la

Yeah and Mitt Romney won the last election......even if more people voted for Obama!!:lol:

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard couldnt even handle of Kobe. No one in Houston will be as hard on him like Kobe was. LA and Kobe scared his ass off.

Or not getting the ball enough, which everyone who plays with Kobe has to endure.....

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and Mitt Romney won the last election......even if more people voted for Obama!!:lol:
search results and media scrutiny are two different things. laker fans searching for LA lakers on the internet doesnt equate to bright lights or scrutiny.. it just means the lakers have more fans than anyone else.. i dont think anyone is arguing that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq sets high standards for his peers....

Player's with his accomplishments naturally want similar results

Not seeing the issue here?

The issue revolves around Purple 'n Gold. That's what it's all about. Bitterness and resentment.

74353965_27986ec68d_b.jpg

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love'n the #DH12 hatters. lol.

Howard made the right move. And I am not saying that because I am a Rockets fan. He wants to win a championship and over his 5 choices Houston does offer him that chance. No one expected Houston to contend this past season but we did. Howard makes Houston stronger on both ends of the court. His offense is better than Asik's and his defense is leaps and bounds better than the entire Rockets team. Houston lost a lot of close games this past season and with the addition of Howard we take a few more of those close games. I am not saying Houston is a championship team right now just because of Howard. That will depend on Houstons next move this offseason

Golden State is better than Houston w/o Howard , so how was Houston his best chance to win a championship ?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is better than Houston w/o Howard , so how was Houston his best chance to win a championship ?

I have a newsflash for you. Golden State is a better team today with Igoudala than Houston is with Dwight.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue revolves around Purple 'n Gold. That's what it's all about. Bitterness and resentment.

You mean that Lakers and their fans have for anybody who does not want to play for them or root for them?

It wasn't, especially not from a fit standpoint.

...but it was close enough that the other things he was weighing made him choose Houston.

Who knows, maybe he doesn't care about rings (I doubt it), maybe he just doesn't want to play with Kobe? Maybe he enjoys the smaller city of Houston more than LA? Maybe he wants to populate a new city with baby mama's?

None of us really know what is going on in his head but for whatever reason Laker fans said they would be fine 2 days ago with out him now seem to be pretty petty about him leaving.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
search results and media scrutiny are two different things. laker fans searching for LA lakers on the internet doesnt equate to bright lights or scrutiny.. it just means the lakers have more fans than anyone else.. i dont think anyone is arguing that.

I actually agree with you!! Just couldn't resist the opportunity to troll your post!! :becky:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean that Lakers and their fans have for anybody who does not want to play for them or root for them?/QUOTE]

Show me your banners. Where are they?