• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF vs KC Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait for this game. KC played great last night. If we stick to our 2nd half game plan against the Eagles will should be fine. Tons of credit to the Defense. I don't know if people know this but our D is #6 in total D, #7 in total pass and #2 in total Rushing. We are #12 in scoring D but most of the points is off special teams.

Overall great job by the D. Imagine when we get A. Smith, Dorsey and Bowman back. watch out. bethea has been a beast.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run D is going to have to be amazing like it usually is. The Charles/Davis combo they have is deadly. And Charles is huge in the run game too. There has to be pass rush though. Alex Smith gets flustered and starts playing shitty if he doesn't have time. If he has time, he can carve any D apart with 7-15 yard passes or run those screens they love.

Offensively run run run. They will stack the box though, no question. Kap just has to show some composure.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Kaeps game to prove he was the right choice for the franchise. Alex is coming demolishing a future hall of famer on monday night. The dominos are lined up for Kaep to turn this into a big game. If he fails though... Oh boy will the week after suck.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to what will hopefully be a clean game. Best of luck to both our teams after this week.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see Alex Smith win, but not against the Niners. Hope both teams bring it and make it an interesting game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Kaeps game to prove he was the right choice for the franchise. Alex is coming demolishing a future hall of famer on monday night. The dominos are lined up for Kaep to turn this into a big game. If he fails though... Oh boy will the week after suck.

I agree a lot of pressure on kap and harbaugh. They need to beat Alex smith and KC

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night's thrashing of the Pats I'm sure glad this game isn't at Arrowhead. Crown noise was insane.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the 49ers fans can chant we want carr we want carr everytime the chiefs have the ball!!!!!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see Alex Smith win, but not against the Niners. Hope both teams bring it and make it an interesting game.
Same here really but I do want to see some of those dirt bombs from Alex that we 9ers fans had come to love so much.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After last night's thrashing of the Pats I'm sure glad this game isn't at Arrowhead. Crown noise was insane.

they're coming off an explosive performance, off a Monday night game, AND traveling to SF. it is hard for any team to keep being explosive week to week.

no excuses!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a pretty good pass rush so I hope we're looking to establish our running game and move Kaep around in throwing situations rather than having him just drop back and get killed all game. I do agree if we can get pressure on Smith it will throw off his timing and speed him up to where mistakes can be made. If Smith just gets to sit back there though with no pressure he will find the open guys all day.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have a pretty good pass rush so I hope we're looking to establish our running game and move Kaep around in throwing situations rather than having him just drop back and get killed all game. I do agree if we can get pressure on Smith it will throw off his timing and speed him up to where mistakes can be made. If Smith just gets to sit back there though with no pressure he will find the open guys all day.

agree with the running, not run heavy but lean to it. I'd think this is where Hyde gets more reps? if the two KC pass rushers are too strong (A. Davis likely out and Staley banged up?), then we should see shorter, quicker throws.

nowadays, defense is getting to be 'all about pressure', so it never stops for any opponent. Fangio will have to continue calling blitzes, results or no results.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, defenses are becoming all about pressure because if you don't bring pressure you get called for defensive holding eventually which hurts you more than any other penalty, imo. I say blitz a lot. Sure you get beat on some plays, but it beats containing WRs for a while on 3rd downs only to get called because you grabbed a little bit of jersey. I can't imagine how demoralizing it is on that field to have good protection and stop a passing play on third down to find out someone on the opposite side of the field got called for a ticky tack penalty (whether warranted or not) and continues a drive you just stopped. It's much easier to pressure the QB (although with all the penalties against hitting the QB wrong who really knows).

But with A. Smith this is even more needed. He is decent if he can get outside the pocket, but his best game comes with protection in the pocket. Can't give him time.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaepernick is outplayed by Alex Smith, then Kaep will never hear the end of this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope that the QB comparison is at least similar or in favor of Kap in this game. Bottom line is the win for the 9ers.

:agree:

THis is not Smith vs Kap, this 49ers vs KC and the 49ers need to win this game, if not last week meant nothing.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaepernick is outplayed by Alex Smith, then Kaep will never hear the end of this.

I always think the "QB duel" is such a stupid talking point. They aren't actually playing against each other technically. They are playing against completely different defenses. But I do agree, if Smith plays better the media will have a field day. It is a team sport though, so even if Smith "outplays" Kap, let's hope the Niners outplay the chiefs. That's all any of us really care about anyway. Get the W, and I don't really care about the rest.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always think the "QB duel" is such a stupid talking point. They aren't actually playing against each other technically. They are playing against completely different defenses. But I do agree, if Smith plays better the media will have a field day. It is a team sport though, so even if Smith "outplays" Kap, let's hope the Niners outplay the chiefs. That's all any of us really care about anyway. Get the W, and I don't really care about the rest.

:agree: Just win

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree entirely. But logic isn't a requirement for the media. The media will definitely have a field day with this, for a very long time, if Kaep loses this "duel".