• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Casper is someone that we've had our eye on since spring training," Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said in a statement. "He's a versatile outfielder who adds depth to our club and can be a power threat off the bench."
I can just imagine Ruben sitting in some condo with his sunglasses chomping on a cigar in Clearwater talking on the phone to one of his scouts.

"This Wells kid looks like he's the real deal. I know he's hitting .189 in spring training but he has some clutch hits. What's that you say? Ruf just hit a walkoff home run? It was probably a fluke-send him down to get some more work in. Just get me some tape on this Wells guy ASAP!"

Yeah, great Rubes, you spent all season following a guy who has the upside potential to be John Maybery Jr, except not quite as good. But hey, you got your man! Not bad, Reuben..........

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasoning of brain-dead astounds me. He has two great young players in Asche and Franco, plays them sparingly when they do arrive in the bigs and goes running after garbage players that couldn't play themselves out of wet paperbag and thinks they are worth a major league contract?

I feel like I am in another world of total insanity where insanity is sanity and any major league baseball sense is completely rejected by not only the GM but the manager as well. Somebody pull the plug on this delusional idiot!!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruben must be an awful poker player. Caligula had it right. He didn't want to let Delmon start reaching his incentives and somehow he thought if he threw out the idea that he always wanted Wells most people would buy it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Cedrique. It is though he has age-regressed to the point of being a prepubescent child that is so reactionary that his logic is very short-sighted and reactionary with no overall strategy to progress the club toward any successful or championship goal.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruben must be an awful poker player. Caligula had it right. He didn't want to let Delmon start reaching his incentives and somehow he thought if he threw out the idea that he always wanted Wells most people would buy it.

i don't think anybody with 5 brain cells is buying it. what kind of stupid fucking gm stalks a .236/.305/.407 career hitter. it's almost like he has an unhealthy obsession with him. i swear, when gm's make stupid fucking moves, they just say the same meaningless bullshit about the guy. "oh yeah (insert player's name here) can provide versatility and has power off the bench, plus he's just a great clubhouse guy." power? the guy has 25 career home runs. spend the extra 150 k and have delmon come off the bench, he has much more pop. versatility? any fucking major leaguer can play an adequate lf and rf. with mini mart, john mcdonald, and now casper wells, we have to have the worst bench in all of baseball

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"How to Run a Franchise into the Ground"
By Ruben Amaro Jr.

Chapter 1: Mastering the Art of Being a Tard

Chapter 2: Age and Decline? Never heard of it.

Chapter 3: Big Money on Closers? Oh, Fuck yeah, Bitches!