• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously Hall of Fame

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only argument to put Bettis into the HOF is his longevity. The guy didn't even average 4 ypc for his career.

Was he a good player? Yes.
Is he HOF caliber? Not in my opinion.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only argument to put Bettis into the HOF is his longevity. The guy didn't even average 4 ypc for his career.

Just wondering...does Curtis Martin belong in The Hall? His career average in only 4.0 ypc.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

great thing about opinions...they tend to vary
Yet somehow Bettis carries enough votes to land a spot. Contributions to the game most be considered over stats. I think stats kick several out if that's the only barometer

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering...does Curtis Martin belong in The Hall? His career average in only 4.0 ypc.

Martin is a borderline inductee to me. I think the fact that he ended in the top 10 in yards from scrimmage sets him apart.

He played 2 fewer years than The Bus and ended up with more TD's and more rushing yards.

If I had to rate them as players I would always have Martin above Bettis in my all time rankings but, I'm not so sure that I would consider either of them HOF worthy.

In the other thread I posted other players that were good players that played at approximately the same period as Bettis. Those guys were all good players but, shouldn't be considered HOFers (Eddie George, Correy Dillon, Ricky Watters and Jamal Lewis) either.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great thing about opinions...they tend to vary
Yet somehow Bettis carries enough votes to land a spot. Contributions to the game most be considered over stats. I think stats kick several out if that's the only barometer

Had Ben not made that tackle in the 2005 playoffs, not one Pittsburgh fan would be on "The Bus" today.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy to see Ron Wolf got in. He is responsible for turning the Packers from the laughingstock of the league into the team that has only had 2 losing seasons since 1992. At least now when people laugh at the Packers it's for things like historically choking in a conference championship game.

Wolf hired Reggie McKenzie, John Schneider, John Dorsey, Ted Thompson and Scot McCloughan as scouts. All are now working as GM's in the NFL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolf hired Reggie McKenzie, John Schneider, John Dorsey, Ted Thompson and Scot McCloughan as scouts. They all are now working as GM's in the NFL.

Very pleased with the start Dorsey has had in his first two years in KC after a hilariously bad team in 2012. Curious to see what Reggie does now that he isn't gimped completely with Al Davis' mess.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Ben not made that tackle in the 2005 playoffs, not one Pittsburgh fan would be on "The Bus" today.
This. He'd be one of the most unpopular Steelers players of all time because he couldnt do the one thing that he is supposed to do - finish games.

Its also funny that the first game that came to mind with him was the game he trucked the Bears but Willie Parker actually had more yards than him in that game. Go figure.