• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Semi-OT: Where is everyone from?

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ic ic...

I don't usually make it down to that part of town. Bar bleu sometimes. I'm usually at the Gaff, Cafe210, and sometimes if we head out with girls indiblow. Yeah i'm pissed about Tony's and lulu's too, it just made all the other bars wayyy more crowded

yeahh the den is pretty far from where i live, i would go to 797 more but it's usually lame. i haven't been to indigo in awhile because i hated it the last few times i was there..

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bodymore Murderland

2244895068_bdc80201dc.jpg

Actually about 20 miles north of Baltimore now, but I grew up about 100 yards from the city.

that's like half an inch from where i'm from

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born and raised in Connellsville, PA, which is probably about 45 minutes from Morgantown, WV and an hour from Pittsburgh. I'm not particularly fond of my hometown, mostly because of how poorly it's run despite the potential I see in it. It was once booming, but the coke industry went down with the steel regulations and the city never bothered to find a new industry to support the economy. As a result, Connellsville has been gradually falling apart (both literally and physically) and there are probably more people on Welfare than actually employed. The local public high school also has an obscenely high drop-out rate and the literacy rate is low. But in spite of all of that, the backdrop and horizon of the city are breathtakingly beautiful. Everything untouched by Man is just gorgeous in Connellsville.

I've lived in three houses on the same side of town my whole life. I love my current house. Huge yard. It's great. I'm also blessed to have known the people I do know. I think I know the 500 best citizens of Connellsville. Considering the state of the city, that's a huge number. I also avoided the high school atmosphere by going to a private school, where I met some other excellent people.

I'm in Meadville now for school, and I spend well over half my time here. I'll not be leaving again until July 24, and then I'll be coming right back on August 5.

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeahh the den is pretty far from where i live, i would go to 797 more but it's usually lame. i haven't been to indigo in awhile because i hated it the last few times i was there..

i live on the corner of fairmont and fraser, we don't go to 797 either, too many blacks for my taste. We are actually going to mad mex in a lil.

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Born and raised in Connellsville, PA, which is probably about 45 minutes from Morgantown, WV and an hour from Pittsburgh. I'm not particularly fond of my hometown, mostly because of how poorly it's run despite the potential I see in it. It was once booming, but the coke industry went down with the steel regulations and the city never bothered to find a new industry to support the economy. As a result, Connellsville has been gradually falling apart (both literally and physically) and there are probably more people on Welfare than actually employed. The local public high school also has an obscenely high drop-out rate and the literacy rate is low. But in spite of all of that, the backdrop and horizon of the city are breathtakingly beautiful. Everything untouched by Man is just gorgeous in Connellsville.

I've lived in three houses on the same side of town my whole life. I love my current house. Huge yard. It's great. I'm also blessed to have known the people I do know. I think I know the 500 best citizens of Connellsville. Considering the state of the city, that's a huge number. I also avoided the high school atmosphere by going to a private school, where I met some other excellent people.

I'm in Meadville now for school, and I spend well over half my time here. I'll not be leaving again until July 24, and then I'll be coming right back on August 5.

Darkstone, I got some friends from Connellsville... Do you know Lambie or Craig White?

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i live on the corner of fairmont and fraser, we don't go to 797 either, too many blacks for my taste. We are actually going to mad mex in a lil.

i live semi near there..that's cool i kinda forgot about mad mex mondays

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darkstone, I got some friends from Connellsville... Do you know Lambie or Craig White?

Neither. But speaking of your friends, Amanda played for the Kappa football team that I coached yesterday, and we won the tournament. She had a couple touchdowns, including a pretty epic pick-six in the championship game. And then their sorority nominated me for Brother of the Month.

=P

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Neither. But speaking of your friends, Amanda played for the Kappa football team that I coached yesterday, and we won the tournament. She had a couple touchdowns, including a pretty epic pick-six in the championship game. And then their sorority nominated me for Brother of the Month.

=P

haha that's the sweet man. She was always a pretty good athlete. Glad to hear she's tearing up the sorority circuit.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in Greensboro, NC. Raised in and spent most my life in Vero Beach, FL.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Born and raised in Kenmore, NY, suburb of Buffalo, Kenmore West HS. Married HS boyfriend who went to General Motors Institute (now Kettering) in Flint MI, his job was there, so we wound up in suburbs of Detroit. Divorced in '87, stayed in Detroit area cuz my 4 kids liked it better, met my current husband in '91, married in '92. Thus Wings and Sabres fan.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in Framingham, Massachusetts. Moved to SoCal in 1970 (I was 6) Been South of the El Toro Y ( where the 405 and the 5 meet) since 1973. Parents are both Boston fans in all Sports and tried to make me the same. Took me to every Bruins/ Kings games and I choose to root against my parents team starting in 71.

Ducky I noticed you asked a question yet have not answered it yourself (again)

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am from a small suburb north of Sacramento. Exciting times, so much fun that I became an accountant because it was more exciting than living in Rocklin. Now I am about to move to Lincoln. Smaller and with livestock.

Party animal.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I run some errands, take a nap, and come back to this exploding thread...

Born and raised in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, went to PSU for college, first job in Harrisburg PA for 2 years, came back to the South Hills of Pittsburgh, got married, lived there for 7 years.

I got sick and tired of the weather, specifically shoveling snow and scraping windshields, moved to Jacksonville FL 10 years ago and am still here. Never let go of my Pittsburgh and PSU fandom (who does?). Now I'm sick of the constant yardwork and am dying to move back. Pittsburgh has much more of a family/community feel than any city I've been in. We still have family in the Burgh so at least we get 2 long visits a year, summer and christmas time.

So you current PSUers, is the Skellar still around? That was my favorite place to go.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bodymore Murderland

2244895068_bdc80201dc.jpg

Actually about 20 miles north of Baltimore now, but I grew up about 100 yards from the city.

That artist is quite prolific. I saw several like that on my drive downtown when I was making it.

Where you living now? Did you buy my old house? Can I call *you* the Fresh Prince now?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in NJ, raised in Pa, lived and or spent significant amounts of time in 7 states, 5 countries and now I'm back in Pa.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I run some errands, take a nap, and come back to this exploding thread...

Born and raised in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, went to PSU for college, first job in Harrisburg PA for 2 years, came back to the South Hills of Pittsburgh, got married, lived there for 7 years.

I got sick and tired of the weather, specifically shoveling snow and scraping windshields, moved to Jacksonville FL 10 years ago and am still here. Never let go of my Pittsburgh and PSU fandom (who does?). Now I'm sick of the constant yardwork and am dying to move back. Pittsburgh has much more of a family/community feel than any city I've been in. We still have family in the Burgh so at least we get 2 long visits a year, summer and christmas time.

So you current PSUers, is the Skellar still around? That was my favorite place to go.

yes the skellar is still around :)