• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Semi-OT: Where is everyone from?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born and raised near Pittsburgh. 42 years here, don't plan on leaving anytime soon....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right around the 100,000 people mark, I think

pretty good size. the city i was born and raised in is right around 65,000 (according to the last census). when i was born, it was just around 30,000 people.

sometimes growth is a good thing, sometimes not so much

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a little over 6 hours...unless my father is driving and it's game 5 of the stanley cup finals and we're gonna cut it close to getting back...then it's 4.75 hours :)

okay, story time/why you don't go to school in hicktown USA:

So, it's a Saturday evening on campus and a large group of my peers had invited me to go with them to a local establishment (for the purposes of this story it will remain unnamed...*coughsoundslikewuffalobildbingscough*). So, little ol' me thought "Hey! I could watch the game on a TV and get some decent, non-campus, food!" So I joined them. We got there and it was already a little late (it was 10 minutes into the game and i was a little irked), but they had it up on a big screen so i was pleased. we had to wait for awhile, and by the time we were seated it was the start of the second. i could still see the screen from my seat and basically was anti-social and just engrossed in the game. I proceeded to do the patented 'hair-pull' with goals 2 and 3, and 'table slam' with "goal" 4. Then...it happened. They changed my focking channel to UFC Fight Night. The place was full of hicks yelling "OOOOH" with every punch (like it wasn't expected). I asked a waitress if she could change one of the TVs to the game (I was wearing my freaking Lemieux jersey!!!) and she said "No, it's PPV night, we can't do that." So, i had to change seats with someone at the end of the table to watch 2 tiny screens 100ft+ away from me during the 3rd, and then had to call my mother for play by play during OT.

i was pissed.

ouch. that does kind of suck. and for UFC of all things.

hey, at least your mom gave you the play by play and she knew what was going on. mine would be lost.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck no i aint a Hawks fan! Been a Sharks fan since I was little. I go to College in Chicago. Third year living here.

What School do you got to? I live in a suburb of Chicago called Park Ridge.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck no i aint a Hawks fan! Been a Sharks fan since I was little. I go to College in Chicago. Third year living here.

Weather in Chi town is a far cry from San Fran. Miss the fog?

Have you gone out to a game at United Center when the Sharks have been in town?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty good size. the city i was born and raised in is right around 65,000 (according to the last census). when i was born, it was just around 30,000 people.

sometimes growth is a good thing, sometimes not so much

Wikipedia says 205,00 in the city and 600,000 metro, which includes the Valley and Coeur d'Alene.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born is Sewickley in 1968...and have bever been mmore than 50 miles outside of of Pittsburgh in my life....it's great.....

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born just outside of Nashville. Lived in both Nashville and Murfreesboro my whole life. Murfreesboro is just 30 miles south of Nashville, fwiw.

I plan on moving back to Murfreesboro (or somewhere around there) sometime in the future. Just not a city person.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather in Chi town is a far cry from San Fran. Miss the fog?

Have you gone out to a game at United Center when the Sharks have been in town?

I know Park Ridge. And I go to DePaul's school of music. Every time the Sharks are in Chicago I go. And YES I MISS SF WEATHER. Anyone who is from the bay area (or from most parts of the country that is) always complains the first winter they spend here. It is AWFUL!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was born in Indiana, PA and moved to Erie, PA in 1990. Dad got a new job right after I finished HS so I moved to Evansville, IN..got a job....got married.....moved to KY, IL, OKC and ended up back here in Evansville. I hate it here but got a nice house and a good job. Hockey is not popular here at all. The most I hear about hockey here is that someone saw a black guy on a hockey team once and everyone laughs.....I don't.

I am a Steeler fan and a Pirates fan.(Yea, I know) and obviously a Pens fan with realistic views about the team. I dont want to see Sidney Crosby naked like a lot of Pens fans but I support him as anyone would if he were on your team.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a Preds fan ever since they entered the League.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Park Ridge. And I go to DePaul's school of music. Every time the Sharks are in Chicago I go. And YES I MISS SF WEATHER. Anyone who is from the bay area (or from most parts of the country that is) always complains the first winter they spend here. It is AWFUL!

Thats cool I go to Oakton, its a community college in Des Plaines. So do you get sick of all the fairweather Hawks fans as well in this town. I've been going to games since I was 3 and most of the people who call themselves fans were noticble absent throughout this past decade.

Caps Revenge

Let's Go Caps!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in Alexandria, Viginia...Lived most of my life in Maryland...Moved to western Pa in 1994...been here ever since. I've been a Caps fan since their inception in '74-'75.