• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Semi-OT: Where is everyone from?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so, we can obviously see from your profiles where you currently are. (Or at least we can tell with the posters who actually post a legit location).

But is that where you're originally from? If not, how'd you get to where you are now?

Is your hockey team allegiance due to where you're from? Or is it due to where you are now? Or is it from some other reason?

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in Salem, Oregon, moved to Spokane in 1995. Dad got promoted. Canucks allegiance started with the run in '94.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i'm an original pittsburgher, born and bred. i was raised a fanatical pittsburgh fan (i suppose that's repetitive, eh?), whether it is the pens, steelers, or even the buccos. now i'm in anderson for school...and dying to go back. did i tell my horror story involving trying to watch game 6 at a local establishment?

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East Patchogue, NY (it's on LI) my whole family are Ranger fans so I followed their lead

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ames, Iowa. Been to a couple different places in Iowa, mosty college towns. GO CYCLONES! Moved to Florida for a couple years after we got married, and now back to Ames. (GO CYCLONES) Grew up playing hockey in Ames and Stevie Y was my inspiration, even though they were still kinda the "Dead Wings". The pride and loyalty that he brought still resides with the team today, and thats what I like most about being a Wingnut.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i'm an original pittsburgher, born and bred. i was raised a fanatical pittsburgh fan (i suppose that's repetitive, eh?), whether it is the pens, steelers, or even the buccos. now i'm in anderson for school...and dying to go back. did i tell my horror story involving trying to watch game 6 at a local establishment?

what's the story?

how far is anderson from pittsburgh?

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Buffalo, NY, sick of economy, got a job offer in Vegas 12 years ago.

Been a Sabres fan since day 1. Was a Buffalo Braves fan.

Try to be a Bills fan..... Enough said.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raised in Brockton Massachusetts which is about 20 miles soth of Boston. Became a Red Sox fan at age 5, then hockey soon after (because of Bobby Orr). I also follow the Patriots feverishly and to a lesser degree, the Celtics

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess salem and spokane don't really lend themselves to a local team to root for..

Not in the NHL anyway. ;)

I was born and grew up in Spokane, went to school in Seattle for a few years and am now back living in Spokane again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from my own little world...

Ok, that's not a location?

Born and raised in Southern California. Have been a lifelong Disney fan (even worked at Disneyland). Watched the Mighty Ducks movie when it came out, liked it. Was excited when Disney announced they were bringing a hockey team to Anaheim. That's where it started and where it will always be.

Now, I guess I'm also a kind of a Wild fan. Fan by association - has nothing to do with any sort of geographical allegiance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raised in Brockton Massachusetts which is about 20 miles soth of Boston. Became a Red Sox fan at age 5, then hockey soon after (because of Bobby Orr). I also follow the Patriots feverishly and to a lesser degree, the Celtics

arrrgh the Damn Red Sox. Anything but a BoSox fan!

Go Angels!

I hope Lackey sucks it up this season (sorry, I had to say that!)

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Original Pittsburgher, lived in Florida, Massachussetts, North Carolina, then Florida again before coming back to Pittsburgh this past December

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh true. Wasn't thinking about the Chiefs.

How big of a town is Spokane? I've only ever been to Seattle as far as towns in Washington State go.

Right around the 100,000 people mark, I think

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the story?

how far is anderson from pittsburgh?

it's a little over 6 hours...unless my father is driving and it's game 5 of the stanley cup finals and we're gonna cut it close to getting back...then it's 4.75 hours :)

okay, story time/why you don't go to school in hicktown USA:

So, it's a Saturday evening on campus and a large group of my peers had invited me to go with them to a local establishment (for the purposes of this story it will remain unnamed...*coughsoundslikewuffalobildbingscough*). So, little ol' me thought "Hey! I could watch the game on a TV and get some decent, non-campus, food!" So I joined them. We got there and it was already a little late (it was 10 minutes into the game and i was a little irked), but they had it up on a big screen so i was pleased. we had to wait for awhile, and by the time we were seated it was the start of the second. i could still see the screen from my seat and basically was anti-social and just engrossed in the game. I proceeded to do the patented 'hair-pull' with goals 2 and 3, and 'table slam' with "goal" 4. Then...it happened. They changed my focking channel to UFC Fight Night. The place was full of hicks yelling "OOOOH" with every punch (like it wasn't expected). I asked a waitress if she could change one of the TVs to the game (I was wearing my freaking Lemieux jersey!!!) and she said "No, it's PPV night, we can't do that." So, i had to change seats with someone at the end of the table to watch 2 tiny screens 100ft+ away from me during the 3rd, and then had to call my mother for play by play during OT.

i was pissed.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in Vancouver, grew up 6 blocks from the Pacific Coliseum ... would cross Hastings street after school trying to get broken sticks & pucks from the rink guys

now living in Burnaby