• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Semi-OT: Where is everyone from?

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Born and raised near Moscow. Served in military in Altay montains. Worked in Soviet Far East (8 time zones from home), then Moscow (20 min by train). Jumped across the ocean at the first opportunity.
As far as remember was always CSKA fan, so converting to Red Wings was seamless :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born and raised in a Suburb northeast of Baltimore Maryland and lived there until two years ago (As of this coming Thursday.) Being a hockey fan there is kind of weird. They had several WHA, ECHL, AHL teams come and go, and the NHL was in DC (40 miles - 2 hours) or Philly (70 miles - 2 hours). But the town was ruled by football (Until the Colts stunk and left) and baseball (Until the Orioles stunk and people stopped going). Back to football now (and the team is KILLER). I was kind of a free agent as far as teams go, often rooting for the Flyers, Caps, Whalers, North Stars and generally any team who had players come through Baltimore. Except the Rangers.

Developed a friendship with a drunken canadian and as our discussions of hockey progressed, naturally he spoke a lot of his local team. The Senators. I grew quite the appreciation for the way they handled players like Yashin, and went up there to a few games. Interestingly enough, he and I met on a Columbus Blue Jackets board.

Three times in my life, companies I worked for have tried to move me to Columbus, and the invisible people from that Blue Jackets board seemed to like it. Figured the third time was the charm and finally made the move. Couldn't be happier.

There's a few Sens fans who want me to become a Blue Jackets fan full time.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born and raised near Moscow. Served in military in Altay montains. Worked in Soviet Far East (8 time zones from home), then Moscow (20 min by train). Jumped across the ocean at the first opportunity.
As far as remember was always CSKA fan, so converting to Red Wings was seamless :)

Nostrovia!...

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats cool I go to Oakton, its a community college in Des Plaines. So do you get sick of all the fairweather Hawks fans as well in this town. I've been going to games since I was 3 and most of the people who call themselves fans were noticble absent throughout this past decade.

I always like to make reference that when I was a freshman (2007) I went to the Sharks-Hawks game in November there were 7000 fans at the game. A noticeable number of Shark fans as well. Well in March when they were back at the United Center it was Roenick night so it was packed. But no one cared about the Hawks the first part of 2007 when they were starting to get good (or hockey for that matter). Now I have my Chicago friends doing hockey prayers on facebook. It's sad. But at least they are starting to appreciate the sport that is shadowed by football, baseball and basketball.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Original Pittsburgher, lived in Florida, Massachussetts, North Carolina, then Florida again before coming back to Pittsburgh this past December

damn you lived all over the place

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some really cool posts in this thread so far. Mine will seem a bit boring by comparison:

Born and raised in Philly (or, as I like to refer to it, the City of Brotherly Mayhem), and have been making a slow westward trek since. I've loved the Flyers since the age of four, which is, for all intents and purposes, as long as I can remember.

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it's really nice to see you around more often smo!

well it's nice to be around more often ducky... I never really left the other place, just posted a lot less but I checked them religiously for some reason. I'm glad the transfer happened. It's like a breathe of fresh air.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a senior and also not ready to leave ha. What's your major? Hopefully you are a pens fan?!?

criminal justice, what's yours?

wellllll i'm not really a hockey fan, i post on the other parts of this place but the hockey board was so happening that i couldn't stay away

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
criminal justice, what's yours?

wellllll i'm not really a hockey fan, i post on the other parts of this place but the hockey board was so happening that i couldn't stay away

business management for me...

yeah this board got jumpin when the esp ners made the transfer over. I like it here.

what bars do you hang out at up here?

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
business management for me...

yeah this board got jumpin when the esp ners made the transfer over. I like it here.

what bars do you hang out at up here?

i like it here too

mostly the den, sometimes mezzanine..i still miss tony's and lulu's :( where do you go?

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ic ic...

I don't usually make it down to that part of town. Bar bleu sometimes. I'm usually at the Gaff, Cafe210, and sometimes if we head out with girls indiblow. Yeah i'm pissed about Tony's and lulu's too, it just made all the other bars wayyy more crowded

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bodymore Murderland

2244895068_bdc80201dc.jpg

Actually about 20 miles north of Baltimore now, but I grew up about 100 yards from the city.