• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seems like just yesterday I started a new thread... here we are again. TEX @ OAK 7/22-24

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d rather have Bubba Thompson up by end of year than Eli White, Miller or Duggar.
That’s for sure.
I think Thompson just might be justifying a spot in the MLB.
Even if he hit .260/.320/.460 I’d be ok with that
The dude can flat out run too.
46 SB and only caught twice
That’s the kinda guy we will need going in as defense replacement and pinch running and just playing in general

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Carter has his OPS up to .854 for Hickory. I wonder why no promotion?

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW. Ohtani free agency after another year. He might be preferred to Soto

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW. Ohtani free agency after another year. He might be preferred to Soto

I wonder what his contract would be?
$50 million a year AAV wouldn’t be out of the realm considering what he does on offense and the pitching side..

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Carter has his OPS up to .854 for Hickory. I wonder why no promotion?

Is it normal for them to promote a handful of players from rookie ball and the Dominican league to A ball?
Then move up a handful of players throughout the minor leagues and cull a handful of guys who aren’t part of the future this time of year?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Rangers did trade Martin Perez and Matt Moore what 4 players/prospects would you want to attach to the deals to get back a decent haul? 2 added to each main piece.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez will get one more start before the deadline. I guess there is a chance that will be his last one here, but I don't expect him to be traded. Maybe 10% chance in my estimation.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have Bubba Thompson up by end of year than Eli White, Miller or Duggar.
That’s for sure.
I think Thompson just might be justifying a spot in the MLB.
Even if he hit .260/.320/.460 I’d be ok with that
The dude can flat out run too.
46 SB and only caught twice
That’s the kinda guy we will need going in as defense replacement and pinch running and just playing in general
I understand he’s pretty good defensively also. Would love to see him make the team next season

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez will get one more start before the deadline. I guess there is a chance that will be his last one here, but I don't expect him to be traded. Maybe 10% chance in my estimation.
If they can’t get an extension done I would try to trade him. I would hate to lose him and end up with nothing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Rangers did trade Martin Perez and Matt Moore what 4 players/prospects would you want to attach to the deals to get back a decent haul? 2 added to each main piece.
I think that would vary a lot depending on which organization Perez went to. I think that combination, a team that needs him and a team that will swap prospects may be really hard to find. Like I said above, I think trading him has only about a 10% chance. Adding that caveat to it makes it go down to 1 or 2% to me.

I have no idea what we could get for Moore. Sometimes relief pitchers are a precious commodity and sometimes they aren't that valuable.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it normal for them to promote a handful of players from rookie ball and the Dominican league to A ball?
Then move up a handful of players throughout the minor leagues and cull a handful of guys who aren’t part of the future this time of year?
Something tells me the guys in the Dominican stay there, but I can't say for sure. I do remember in season promotions, but there seems to be less of that this year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It us looking like the Qualifying Offer is going to stick around so at least we can get something if Perez leaves in free agency.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It us looking like the Qualifying Offer is going to stick around so at least we can get something if Perez leaves in free agency.
Really doubt we offset him a QO. More likely to extend at a lower AAV.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Richard’s likes the mound heights like Howard mentioned

Mound height is supposed to be 10" league wide mandated back in 68/69. I'm guessing they're having issues with the way it's graded out to field height, too steep of a slope probably...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I'm not in favor of playing a guy every single day until he pukes...

Players need time off just like the rest of us to recharge their batteries and have a chance to work with the coaches on little things. As you can see it did Garcia a world of good he was hitting .125 the last two weeks leading up to the break and now he's productive again... (Shouldn't have had to wait 2 weeks to get him help). And beings the team "supposedly" is still in rebuild mode it shouldn't have been a big deal to spell him, but for some reason it was...

Fresher minds and fresher bodies equals fewer dumb plays, fewer injuries and better overall play. This is where quality utility players going forward will come into play. Keeping the cheapest utility guys out there that leave a lot to be desired isn't a good thing, you need guys you can trust to play 4 days a week or more if needed...

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'm not in favor of playing a guy every single day until he pukes...

Players need time off just like the rest of us to recharge their batteries and have a chance to work with the coaches on little things. As you can see it did Garcia a world of good he was hitting .125 the last two weeks leading up to the break and now he's productive again... (Shouldn't have had to wait 2 weeks to get him help). And beings the team "supposedly" is still in rebuild mode it shouldn't have been a big deal to spell him, but for some reason it was...

Fresher minds and fresher bodies equals fewer dumb plays, fewer injuries and better overall play. This is where quality utility players going forward will come into play. Keeping the cheapest utility guys out there that leave a lot to be desired isn't a good thing, you need guys you can trust to play 4 days a week or more if needed...
They spell the wrong guys frequently. Maybe Lowe needs a sit down for a day or DH once in a while.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or to much time some are getting.
if you permanently bench Calhoun, Miller and Culberson (nail them to the bench) you have 10 others on the roster including Smith, Duran & Hernandez who are going to have playing time along with Garcia, Seager, Semien, Heim, Lowe, Taveras & Viloria. so, if we don't work out some kind of schedule none of y'all are going to be happy about their time. and if they send Viloria down and bring up Huff you are really going to be unhappy

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you permanently bench Calhoun, Miller and Culberson (nail them to the bench) you have 10 others on the roster including Smith, Duran & Hernandez who are going to have playing time along with Garcia, Seager, Semien, Heim, Lowe, Taveras & Viloria. so, if we don't work out some kind of schedule none of y'all are going to be happy about their time. and if they send Viloria down and bring up Huff you are really going to be unhappy
You can only hope those three guys get traded. Woody is not going to bench them and it could cost him the clubhouse. Probably won't but could.