• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

See Game of Thrones for the First Time Again: Through My Eyes

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, okay... NOW I know who they are... Yeah, I don't care for those scenes at all... However, I have a new #1 because Renly's Wife/Queen has taken the top spot... MAN how gay must you be to not wanna do that? LOL!!!

Tyrion is sloooooooowly drifting back to being an evil little dude as his power is growing as the "Acting Hand"... Love how he caught the mole in his court by telling three different stories and urging that the queen not be notified, etc...

Very surprised at Theon, but it sounds like there's a lot of backstory there and a ton of reason for the Greyjoys to hate the Starks, so I'll give him a pass.... I mean he's obviously torn as he had the warning letter to Robb all wrote out... Usually when someone is conflicted like that they go hardcore to the side they ultimately choose, so I'm guessing Theon becomes very loyal to his family... Hope they develop his sister's character more (Don't remember her name...). Also that big butch woman who is now in Renly's personal guard...

One of my biggest questions at this point is what Sansa ultimately does... They're discussing killing her brother Robb at the dinner table and such, and the wedding which I have to imagine she's not enthused about... LOL!!! That said, she really seemed to eat up the whole wedding thing and wanting to be Queen before all the shit with Ned went down, so I wonder whether that little "power hungry" side of her may ultimately win out here?

As for beyond the wall right now? Okay... The leader who keeps all his daughters for wives and kills all male children is a real winner... LOL!!! I'm guessing the fat guy gets his for daring to leave a bauble with one of his wife daughters though...

I sense that Arya is like the "Carl from Walking Dead" here and will grow into her own to become a bad ass... Things are going SO shitty for her now that it has to turn around.. I'm to where Joeffrey's men just caught up to them and killed the dude that rescued her from King's Landing (Think he was a Night's Watch guy, but don't remember.)...

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now.... :)

Regarding Arya.

The main difference is Carls a moody bitch who does stupid shit all the time.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a couple good websites which really increased my enjoyment of the show.

Game of Thrones Wiki

and

A Wiki of Ice and Fire

Those two sites have a lot of background info about the GoT world, and they come in handy! I even printed out some maps to help me follow along while watching the show. Just be careful not to jump ahead on the GoT Wiki site to the seasons you haven't yet watched.

@Payton: I strongly recommend that you NOT use those websites, because no matter how hard you try to avoid spoilers, if you use those websites, you WILL inevitably come across HUGE spoilers which will totally ruin major surprises in the show.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Payton: I strongly recommend that you NOT use those websites, because no matter how hard you try to avoid spoilers, if you use those websites, you WILL inevitably come across HUGE spoilers which will totally ruin major surprises in the show.

Agreed. Better to wait until he has watched everything then goes there with any questions.

Which he will have. Without reading the books, it's almost inevitable.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan has been as I finish each season to go back to the WIKI and review the episode summaries and character list as the WIKI is broken up season by season...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhoo... Okay, so I guess Tyrian was wrong about Joffrey just needing to get laid... This isn't going to turn out well for either of the two naked hookers Ty gifted to him... But Joffrey is officially a sick f**k. Still really interested to see what Sansa's angle is here...

Daenarys + Dragons + a really cool looking city in Qarth? She's gonna tear some shit up before too long, eh?

Seems like Stannis has fallen in with the wrong crowd... Was starting to like Renly too (Except for the whole Loras thing), but fear that whatever that black thing was that the red lady queefed out in Renly's basement is going to eff his day up.... Trying to get the relationship down here... Stannis is/was Robert's brother and Renly is who's brother? Robert's or Ned's?

Liking Catelyn more because she said she hates Baelish's face. ME TOO!!! Dude obviously up to something suggesting to Renly that he'd be able to open the gates to King's Landing and lying to Catelyn that they had Arya...

Speaking of Arya... Gonna be working close to Tywin now, eh? That should be good... He knows she's a girl, but doesn't know who she is exactly... Nice twist there. Maybe she'll plant a dagger in his neck at some point?

And really, that nurse-like Clara Barton lady at the battlefield giving Robb a hard time about winning a battle and killing people? STFU!!! Guilt tripping a king in the middle of a war for killing people.

And man, I'm just enjoying how Tyrion is working over Cersei right now at every turn...

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhoo... Okay, so I guess Tyrian was wrong about Joffrey just needing to get laid... This isn't going to turn out well for either of the two naked hookers Ty gifted to him... But Joffrey is officially a sick f**k. Still really interested to see what Sansa's angle is here...

Daenarys + Dragons + a really cool looking city in Qarth? She's gonna tear some shit up before too long, eh?

Seems like Stannis has fallen in with the wrong crowd... Was starting to like Renly too (Except for the whole Loras thing), but fear that whatever that black thing was that the red lady queefed out in Renly's basement is going to eff his day up.... Trying to get the relationship down here... Stannis is/was Robert's brother and Renly is who's brother? Robert's or Ned's?

Liking Catelyn more because she said she hates Baelish's face. ME TOO!!! Dude obviously up to something suggesting to Renly that he'd be able to open the gates to King's Landing and lying to Catelyn that they had Arya...

Speaking of Arya... Gonna be working close to Tywin now, eh? That should be good... He knows she's a girl, but doesn't know who she is exactly... Nice twist there. Maybe she'll plant a dagger in his neck at some point?

And really, that nurse-like Clara Barton lady at the battlefield giving Robb a hard time about winning a battle and killing people? STFU!!! Guilt tripping a king in the middle of a war for killing people.

And man, I'm just enjoying how Tyrion is working over Cersei right now at every turn...
Robert is the oldest Baratheon, Stannis is the middle, Renly is the youngest. Stannis claims the throne because Joffrey's a Lannister, Renly claims the throne because he doesn't think Stannis is fit to be a king.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert is the oldest Baratheon, Stannis is the middle, Renly is the youngest. Stannis claims the throne because Joffrey's a Lannister, Renly claims the throne because he doesn't think Stannis is fit to be a king.

Got it, thanks... And Ned backed Stannis as the rightful heir, though I remember Renly made a pitch to him...

So now Stannis and Renly are going to go at it before the Lannisters are even out of power. BRILLIANT!!! (I know Catelyn is trying to get them to cooperate, but again that black thing that came out of the Red Woman's hooch is probably going to change the game somehow I imagine... LOL!!!)

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan has been as I finish each season to go back to the WIKI and review the episode summaries and character list as the WIKI is broken up season by season...

I did something similar which really increased my enjoyment and understanding of the the show because I did not read the books.
However, I checked the Wiki immediately after watching each episode, as this Wiki website is broken down by individual episode:
Game of Thrones Wiki

And then I watched the episode again.

So... as long as you do not read ahead into further episodes on the Wiki site, you will not be exposed to spoilers. It is safe to use, and I did not have any problems seeing spoilers.

And as mentioned in a previous post, I also have printed maps handy while watching each episode.... I pause the playback and check the map when an unfamiliar place is mentioned.

And really, that nurse-like Clara Barton lady at the battlefield giving Robb a hard time about winning a battle and killing people?

FYI trivia... the actress playing the nurse is Oona Chaplin, the great-grandughter of Charlie Chaplin.

Oona-Castilla-Chaplin.jpg

Last edited:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Stannis has fallen in with the wrong crowd... Was starting to like Renly too (Except for the whole Loras thing), but fear that whatever that black thing was that the red lady queefed out in Renly's basement is going to eff his day up....

Honestly didn't think it was going to be quite THAT bad...

Oh well... Seems Margaery may have a plan B... PLEASE don't let her go and somehow marry Joffrey. He doesn't deserve her... LOL!!!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 was probably my 3rd favorite behind seasons 1 and 4.

Tyrion and Joffrey are the co-MVPs of season 2 in my opinion.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robb - I want him to win of course, but I think he's the least developed of the main characters. is that because he isn't going to be around long? Or is the entire point of Ned's death to bring him for the forefront? Don't know, but in the early going I frankly had him confused with the other three brothers/bastards and half-brothers in Winterfell... But hey, he's now "King of the North", so... Go Robb!!!

Interesting that you find that they developed Robb's character the least of the main characters. While you may be right, I think the TV show developed him a lot more than the books did. And for the most part I think that was a good decision. He's an important character in the books but not really a main character as none of the chapters are written from his point of view. Each chapter in the books is written from a different character's POV and they are the ones that are the most developed. I found the show gave Robb the POV treatment and developed him almost as much (or in some cases more) than some book POV characters.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Theon is a miserable little turd it would seem... I mean shoot, he kinda looks like a dork, so why am I surprised? Bran's wildling sidekick had a nice body stashed under those robes though, eh? :D

Liked Joffrey getting poop flung at him and liked Tyrion slapping him as well... "Well now I've hit a king"... LOL!!! Dude is gold! Didn't know he was actually going to follow through with shipping Cersei's daughter off, but whatever...

And Baelish made no indication that he saw/recognized Arya, but I'm guessing he probably did... Love the dude killing for Arya on command, but wonder now that she sees how good this guy is if she couldn't just tell him "Joffrey" for the third life and be done with it...

And Jon Snow got hisself a ginger!!! One that likes to cuddle! C'mon man!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you find that they developed Robb's character the least of the main characters. While you may be right, I think the TV show developed him a lot more than the books did. And for the most part I think that was a good decision. He's an important character in the books but not really a main character as none of the chapters are written from his point of view. Each chapter in the books is written from a different character's POV and they are the ones that are the most developed. I found the show gave Robb the POV treatment and developed him almost as much (or in some cases more) than some book POV characters.

In season one I was having difficulty keeping Jon Snow, Theon and Robb straight I think... I think Snow was probably developed the most out of those three, which left me confused between the other two... Oh well, I know who they are now...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In season one I was having difficulty keeping Jon Snow, Theon and Robb straight I think... I think Snow was probably developed the most out of those three, which left me confused between the other two... Oh well, I know who they are now...

I actually barely noticed Theon until Season 2 other than 1 or 2 scenes.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jon Snow got hisself a ginger!!! One that likes to cuddle! C'mon man!

@Payton, so I'm curious:

Without looking it up, just from what you've seen on the show thus far, what's your guess on who Jon Snow's mother is?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Payton, so I'm curious:

Without looking it up, just from what you've seen on the show thus far, what's your guess on who Jon Snow's mother is?
Honestly didnt think it significant until you mentioned it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly didnt think it significant until you mentioned it.
They make a point of making it a mystery throughout the show. Robert was always petering Ned to tell him who it was, and Ned never told. Ned also told Jon (I think in the pilot) that he would tell him the story when he got back from Kings Landing. Later, Littlefinger hints to Sansa that he knows who the mother is.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make a point of making it a mystery throughout the show. Robert was always petering Ned to tell him who it was, and Ned never told. Ned also told Jon (I think in the pilot) that he would tell him the story when he got back from Kings Landing. Later, Littlefinger hints to Sansa that he knows who the mother is.

Huh..... wooooshhhh, it went right over my head.... LOL.

So, just because I tbink it'd be cool, Ill guess its the Mad King's wife... Or some way that he has "dragon blood" like Daenaryus...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't remember if i have watched the entire series 4 or 5 times but i am going to watch it again soon

i have all 6 seasons on bluray :dance: