• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round - Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That'll do.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s like 10 regular season games and 2 preseason games. Seems adequate. I mean excessive.
It just sucks that we have Ryan Reaves going off like a crazed hyena a few days ago and only got 2 with his history.

No real problem with this one. But getting one right a year is not a good look.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok side question
The winner of this round plays the Avs/Knights winner.
Canada has not said it will allow teams to be exempt from travel restrictions.
If the teams have to play in the US:
Would you rather see all the games at one location? Giving the US team 7 home games.
or
Maybe a neutral site game? Like LA or Seattle or Detroit/Buffalo ? I picked LA for proximity to both Colorado and Vegas, Seattle for the ability for Canadians to get there and most neutral site I could think and Detroit or Buffalo for proximity to the Canadian teams.
And do you think fans would go? Would kings, wings or things ( sabers) fans pay to watch a rival (ish) team? Would Seattle fans be happy to watch another team play there first. Kings , Stars and Avs all played Vegas arena first.
Would /can Canadians travel in big enough number?
Just sitting on the couch while the wife watches cooking shows and my mind wonders.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok side question
Would you rather see all the games at one location? Giving the US team 7 home games.
or
Maybe a neutral site game? Like LA or Seattle or Detroit/Buffalo ? I picked LA for proximity to both Colorado and Vegas, Seattle for the ability for Canadians to get there and most neutral site I could think and Detroit or Buffalo for proximity to the Canadian teams.
And do you think fans would go? Would kings, wings or things ( sabers) fans pay to watch a rival (ish) team? Would Seattle fans be happy to watch another team play there first. Kings , Stars and Avs all played Vegas arena first.
Just sitting on the couch while the wife watches cooking shows and my mind wonders.

Might get announced tommorow

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok side question
or

If that exemption doesn't come through, I'd say you have to go with either a) an entirely neutral site series or b) a ban on fans in Colorado/LV.

I'd vote full neutral site personally and probably without fans since it would be tough to have both teams fairly represented. Geographically I'd probably look at STL or Minnesota as the best choices.

Assuming neither Winnipeg or Montreal is good enough to beat Colorado (sorry LV), I wouldn't see it being an issue past next round anyway.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that exemption doesn't come through, I'd say you have to go with either a) an entirely neutral site series or b) a ban on fans in Colorado/LV.

I'd vote full neutral site personally and probably without fans since it would be tough to have both teams fairly represented. Geographically I'd probably look at STL or Minnesota as the best choices.

Assuming neither Winnipeg or Montreal is good enough to beat Colorado (sorry LV), I wouldn't see it being an issue past next round anyway.
You are funny. The NHL not sell tickets and make a few bucks.Crazy. I think they will give the West team all the games at home. The North will be called the home team for line changes and jersey reasons. They save money on transportation so another win

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody going after Scheifele's family needs to have their head examined...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody going after Scheifele's family needs to have their head examined...

Saying he shouldn't be suspended is one thing. Going after his family is just awful and pathetic.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are funny. The NHL not sell tickets and make a few bucks.Crazy. I think they will give the West team all the games at home. The North will be called the home team for line changes and jersey reasons. They save money on transportation so another win
Yeah, fair enough, I guess I was saying what they should do, but this is the NHL after all...

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, fair enough, I guess I was saying what they should do, but this is the NHL after all...
I think they will get to play at home. They will try to enforce a bubble with all the NHL players and staff. So the north players won’t see friends or family until they are done playing and then 14 days quarantine at home. While the US teams will get home cooked meals at home.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it should be criminialized..........
The problem is how hard it is to find the person behind it. Anonymous keyboard warriors. Not impossible, but you never find 80% of them.

And of course, getting anything criminal beyond a slap on the wrist to stick is near impossible when you do.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good start for both teams. Award winning analysis.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool - in Winnipeg tonight there are 500 recent violent crime paroles in attendance for the game.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have another entry for the coffee table book...Nice fly-by Connor

y2vLq73.png