• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round - Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Go Oilers( i just want Stanley back home. I don't care where it goes)

Maybe it's because I'm a Flames fan and despise the Oilers, but I don't understand this thinking. The NHL is a collection of 32 club teams, the Oilers are not representing Canada anymore than the Stars are representing the States. I mean, do you think Manchester United fans were rooting for Manchester City to win their 4th straight Premier League title this past weekend?!?

I'm not trying to tell you who to root for, if you like the Oilers, cheer them on, I just don't subscribe to the default position of because they're located in Canada and are the last Canadian based team in the playoffs that we as Canadians need to cheer for Edmonton. Nah, it's not going to happen lol.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because I'm a Flames fan and despise the Oilers, but I don't understand this thinking. The NHL is a collection of 32 club teams, the Oilers are not representing Canada anymore than the Stars are representing the States. I mean, do you think Manchester United fans were rooting for Manchester City to win their 4th straight Premier League title this past weekend?!?

I'm not trying to tell you who to root for, if you like the Oilers, cheer them on, I just don't subscribe to the default position of because they're located in Canada and are the last Canadian based team in the playoffs that we as Canadians need to cheer for Edmonton. Nah, it's not going to happen lol.
BC'ers - Albertans annoy us!

Albertans - Everyone annoys us!

Westerners - Ontario annoys us!

Quebecers - Tabernac tout le monde!

Dull hockey writers - Will the rest of the country now support "CANADA'S TEAM"?!

It's stupid. This country has always hated each other and it hates each other now more than ever. I hope the Oilers get swept and McDavid demands a trade after Drai refuses to extend.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But but but

Oilers dressed like 157 Canadians and the Canucks only had 2. Vancouver had the nerve to dress as many Latvians as they did good Canadian boys [as heard on ESPN, no kidding].

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC'ers - Albertans annoy us!

Albertans - Everyone annoys us!

Westerners - Ontario annoys us!

Quebecers - Tabernac tout le monde!

Dull hockey writers - Will the rest of the country now support "CANADA'S TEAM"?!

It's stupid. This country has always hated each other and it hates each other now more than ever. I hope the Oilers get swept and McDavid demands a trade after Drai refuses to extend.
Yeah.

But Fuck Dallas too.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of bruises and contusions around my town this morning. All the folks who fell off the bandwagon. All the flags on trucks are gone. It’s kind of nice.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been awhile since those late 90’s Stars / Oilers playoff classics...

Let’s avoid moments like this one please.

Stars_1997.gif