• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us have confidence! I think the Caps go and get that win tonight.

Also, the Pens are most definitely a bad guy team. They wear black and employed Matt Cooke the longest.

And the good guys always lose in the middle of the story and look like they are beaten towards the end, only to discover they find a way to win in a dramatic conclusion. Time to slay that dragon.

LOL! I don't think anyone here would question your confidence, eloco!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us have confidence! I think the Caps go and get that win tonight.

Also, the Pens are most definitely a bad guy team. They wear black and employed Matt Cooke the longest.

And the good guys always lose in the middle of the story and look like they are beaten towards the end, only to discover they find a way to win in a dramatic conclusion. Time to slay that dragon.

Those dam Canucks are the bad guys! The Sedin twins always seen shady to me.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out on a limb here but the team who scores the most goals tonight will be playing Ottawa in a few days.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pressure on Pitt...Caps have all the pressure but seemed to be free wheeling and dealing last game. Could be another blow out if it carries over to this game.

In Fleury I trust!

Lets go Pens!

No pressure on Pitt? Blowing a 3-1 series lead sounds like pressure to me. I would know.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when you have a cup or 3 in the bank...that you wouldn't know...

In my mind, I picture scouty saying this and then doing this :D

5645.jpg

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah listening to the callers on the radio Caps fans are way too optimistic. Not me. These are the Champs, they know how to win these types of games. It is as if the Washington fans expect the same game to occur tonight that we saw in Game 6. Didn't Edmonton show us that a different night can mean totally different results?

I agree that the pressure is still on the Caps to get over this hump, Pens already have rings, they are playing with house money.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah listening to the callers on the radio Caps fans are way too optimistic. Not me. These are the Champs, they know how to win these types of games. It is as if they expect the same game to occur tonight that we saw in Game 6. Didn't Edmonton show us that a different night can mean totally different results?

I agree that the pressure is still on the Caps to get over this hump, Pens already have rings they are playing with house money.

Yes, yes they are

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a neutral observer, I want the Caps to prevail tonight mainly for the health and well-being of Caps fans. Also, I'm a little tired of the narrative that OV disappears in the playoffs.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you. Who are you guys playing tonight? Oh yeah, that's right.....

going back to Feb 23

A little early and before the all-important (sarc) trade deadline, but I am calling the Cup for the long-suffering fans of the Caps.

Solid Goalie and Dmen, 4 good forward lines, this team is solid top to bottom.

Sure, play the games out, but when the ice chips settle in late June, the Cup will be handed to Alexander the Great.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going back to Feb 23

You are forgiven. I gave my heart to the Cubs fans years ago, always wanted them to finally win it all. I root for the Cleveland Browns just because of their fans. Years ago I was all in for the Saints for the same reason, I'm old enough to remember when they were a joke for 2 generations.

Now it's my fucking turn.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a neutral observer, I want the Caps to prevail tonight mainly for the health and well-being of Caps fans. Also, I'm a little tired of the narrative that OV disappears in the playoffs.

I don't know how to evaluate Ovi. I've been down on him, isn't a star supposed to carry a team in the post season at least once in a while? Then I heard he has more points per playoff game than anyone else that is playing, I find it hard to believe but that's what I heard. Then I see them go down 3-1 and I say "thanks Ovi for that first period goal. Where the fuck were you when the game was on the line?". Then I see him score a huge late goal, then a graphic that said he had way more points than playoff games played against the Pens.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgiven. I gave my heart to the Cubs fans years ago, always wanted them to finally win it all. I root for the Cleveland Browns just because of their fans. Years ago I was all in for the Saints for the same reason, I'm old enough to remember when they were a joke for 2 generations.

Now it's my fucking turn.
May we safely assume you're 100% behind the Lions? :nod: