• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing better than the Caps winning on Wed, was if they came back being down 0-3. Raises the humiliation level for the Penises.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from the Orioles game and haven't caught up on my DVR yet. No spoilers please.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discover Card commercial played throughout game is weirdly omniscient...

The youtube link off the "ALL CAPS" discover card commercial was this:

Which all 10 were better than the Penguins play tonight.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
btw, how many of those goals beat MAF top glove?
seemed like a bunch

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, how many of those goals beat MAF top glove?
seemed like a bunch

He has a rather MAF-y game, didn't he?

Not the reason the Pens lost, that was completely down to the Caps just fucking stuffing them. But he certainly didn't do his team any favors.

It's like the Caps were prepared to play against 100% level Malkin/Crosby and they got 75% level. Shut the whole team the fuck down.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah high glove side was the target for sure, interesting to see what adjustments MAF makes.

I said earlier that Crosby's injury will taint the series should the Caps win. I don't feel that way anymore. His ineffectiveness can't be blamed on his concussion, he took a big shot to the boards and recovered so the injury is simply not the reason he was ineffective. It was the play of the Washington Capitals. He missed one game, a game the Pens won. Not the deciding factor in the Washington comeback.

So on to Game 7, the scariest 2 words in the English language for Washington fans. Who among us can't look at this as another chance for them to break our hearts and steal our souls? But at least we have an invitation to play in a Game 7, didn't look that way last week.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the reason the Pens lost, that was completely down to the Caps just fucking stuffing them. But he certainly didn't do his team any favors.

It's like the Caps were prepared to play against 100% level Malkin/Crosby and they got 75% level. Shut the whole team the fuck down.

I agree with the fact the Caps dominated this game beyond anything but MAF wasn't good either. Some of those shots you have to stop in the post season. Any team thrives off of big saves from a hot goalie and high glove hand was his glaring weakness. When you have time a good as the Caps with those snipers they should be able to pick him apart on Wednesday.

As for the second part I figured that was going to happen, hence why the likes of Hagelin, Bonino, Rust and Sheary needed to score and they didn't. That is the major difference vs last year the secondary scoring is not showing up when needed.
With the performance last game, from both teams, I see no reason why the Caps shouldn't move on fairly easily.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To win the cup, a lot needs to go right. Last year, the HBK line was stellar, guys like Sheary and the other AHLers were on fire, and handoffs like Daley and Shultz found a groove on a new team.

This year, HBK isn't a thing, Sheary is brutal, and the defense looks lost without Letang. It's amazing we're still in this, and that's mostly due to MAF finding some 2009 magic, and our top end guys finishing on limited chances. But it does feel like that luck has run out.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, were the concussion spotters at the concession stands when Crosby went hard into the boards last night?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is stopping rifled shots past your earhole...

The Flower is what has kept them in this series...the only goal that was weak was the one at the side of the net that fell off him and into the goal

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daly says the spotters don't have the authority to pull a player when he crashes into the boards.

"According to current National Hockey League guidelines, colliding into the boards is not a "mechanism of injury" that would give concussion spotters the ability to remove a player."

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daly says the spotters don't have the authority to pull a player when he crashes into the boards.

"According to current National Hockey League guidelines, colliding into the boards is not a "mechanism of injury" that would give concussion spotters the ability to remove a player."

I'm no doctor (although I have stayed at Holiday Inns in the past), but that seems like a badly worded guideline to me.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about taking an errant stick to the face?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so whats the mechanism :think:

heard Greg Buttons in the cesspool bring up the Nick Ritchie hit on Kris Russell ... concussion spotters decided to pull Russell after the hit he took and apparently he was only winded/lost his breath :noidea:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins have some questions to answer. Sullivan said Crosby didn't go through concussion protocol, Crosby said he did.

The quotes I read, Crosby said something like ”the trainers checked me out and cleared me” but was talking in general, not talking about the concussion protocol. Are there different quotes I haven't seen? Because it seems like media is interpreting this a certain way, which might not be what Crosby was saying.