• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league knew Crosby would get injured and is giving him extra time to rest and return thus proving everyone's wildest conspiracy theories about the favoritism the league always gives the Pens.
Crosby willed that extra day off so that he would have more time to recover.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league knew Crosby would get injured and is giving him extra time to rest and return thus proving everyone's wildest conspiracy theories about the favoritism the league always gives the Pens.

After the second shot his head did go back and to the left.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby willed that extra day off so that he would have more time to recover.

Crosby: Jump on my back, boys! I'm taking you to the NHL scheduling office!
Hornqvist: Wouldn't an Uber be easier?
Kessel: Yeah, Uber. Can we stop at Five Guys on the way?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby: Jump on my back, boys! I'm taking you to the NHL scheduling office!
Hornqvist: Wouldn't an Uber be easier?
Kessel: Yeah, Uber. Can we stop at Five Guys on the way?
Bonino: Count me out. I already have whiplash.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Bonigno from Hartford, TJ Oshkoshbygosh from Mt. Vermin, Wash., caman you'd never see a good Canadian boy dive like that, terrible, awful stuff, let's go

images

Well, Dash, you were pretty close. And that is just sad.

"We never fake injuries. This guy’s a faker right from the word go. We’re Canadians. We don’t do it. We’re not soccer players. They’re trying to get it out of soccer... I’m going to tell you this kids, you never act like this guy. You never fake an injury. It’s not the Canadian way."

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WordsofWisdumb: Hey Hornqvist just use your free "Uber in the Bank" ride.

Kessel: This code won't work.
Malkin: No, you put code in field there.
Kessel: I don't see...
Malkin: Right the...
Kessle: I KNOW... I got it!
Malkin: I'm just trying to help.
Kessel: You're an idiot
Malkin: This is why you are picked last in all star.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kessel: This code won't work.
Malkin: No, you put code in field there.
Kessel: I don't see...
Malkin: Right the...
Kessle: I KNOW... I got it!
Malkin: I'm just trying to help.
Kessel: You're an idiot
Malkin: This is why you are picked last in all star.

Really though, I want a Phil and Geno sitcom. Like buddy cops maybe.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby full participant in practice

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that Sid joined his teammates for full practice this morning. It could be gamesmenship during the playoffs, but I hope it means he's healthy to play.

Edit: Beaten to the punch by sbb :D

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that Sid joined his teammates for full practice this morning. It could be gamesmenship during the playoffs, but I hope it means he's healthy to play.

Edit: Beaten to the punch by sbb :D

I just saw OV demoted to the 3rd line with Eller and Wilson. I'm not sure if that's the right move or not.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw OV demoted to the 3rd line with Eller and Wilson. I'm not sure if that's the right move or not.

Well, with last change, Trotz should be able to take advantage of some favorable matchups, but I agree, taking OV away from Backs and TJ doesn't make much sense to me.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid is taking contact and doing the full practice, so doubt gamesmanship. Still think he's a go for game 6 if needed, not 5. Sheary also practicing. And I really think the bigger Caps lineup stuff is with the defense. Carlson-Orpik pairing makes my heart soar. Not only have you tied an Orpik anchor to your best defender, you've also guaranteed more ice time for Orpik. I'm sure it's because he said something dripping in veteran leadership.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they do actually move him, I wouldn't call it a demotion as much as a spread the wealth situation. I've always wanted them to be able to separate OV and Backstrom to have two elite players on different lines, but midway through the playoffs after a successful season (and a playoff series where the team is honestly playing pretty well overall) doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The D pairings is where the shakeup should be, because if they allowed a few less 2-on-1s, this would be a totally different series.

And on a related note, I think Lars Eller has actually done a really nice job creating opportunities and good scoring chances for his linemates, but they haven't been putting them home. That secondary scoring that was such a strength all year has just not been there.

Last edited:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do actually move him, I wouldn't call it a demotion as much as a spread the wealth situation. I've always wanted them to be able to separate OV and Backstrom to have two elite players on different lines, but midway through the playoffs after a successful season (and a playoff series where the team is honestly playing pretty well overall) doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The D pairings is where the shakeup should be, because if they allowed a few less 2-on-1s, this would be a totally different series.

And on a related note, I think Lars Eller has actually done a really nice job creating opportunities and good scoring chances for his linemates, but they haven't been putting them home. That secondary scoring that was such a strength all year has just not been there.

It's definitely a good point, but OVs production away from Nick and Kuzy drops significantly.

On a separate note Sid is skating with his linemates and on the first PP unit, so this seems to really be happening.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A strength they had all season was running out 4 good lines. Going back to 6 defense and 12 forwards might be a good change also.

As you stated having OV with Eller might be very good with the way Eller is playing.