• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what to do with myself. Going to put on a Caps' shirt, walk around the block a few times, and pray I come across two Pens' fans.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what to do with myself. Going to put on a Caps' shirt, walk around the block a few times, and pray I come across two Pens' fans.

We're good huggers. That's huggers not muggers.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Bonigno from Hartford, TJ Oshkoshbygosh from Mt. Vermin, Wash., caman you'd never see a good Canadian boy dive like that, terrible, awful stuff, let's go

images

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penguins either needed to play a perfect game or have everything go their way.

The Penguins most certainly didn't play a perfect (or, honestly, even passable) game.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So awesome being a Caps fan. They outplayed the Pens in a must win and lose on a fluke goal. How typical.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite amusing to read the comments on Bonino. "Dude should be fined". "Disgraceful".

Intentionally crosscheck another player causing a concussion. "Meh". "Hockey play gone wrong".

:pop2:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not too pleased with Bonino last night, and then I saw the replay above from last year.

Hilarious. I'm sure we (Pen's fans) had the same level of righteous indignation. The thing is, both plays are technically penalties, but not so much in the playoffs.

Fleury was amazing again, and the will of this team to keep throwing their bodies in harm's way is impressive. It would be nice to make the Caps block shots, but you have to get shots first.

Terrible game from #8 I thought. He took two offensive zone penalties (IIRC) and the second one was an absolute killer, negating the PP.

I hate Tom Wilson. I'd like to see a hockey play occur on his face. The near miss on Kunitz was pretty dirty I thought.

I predicted Caps in 6, glad I was wrong. Hopefully we can win one of the next three and move on.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Tom Wilson. I'd like to see a hockey play occur on his face. The near miss on Kunitz was pretty dirty I thought.

Agreed, especially during the TOR series.

Having said that, I have asked Saint Lou to trade Matt Martin for him in the offseason.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hockey Gods were working overtime balancing out the stick fouls last night. Williams tried to hook a stick and pulled it into his own face for 4, and then Guentzel got fish-hooked with nothing. Then that... I don't even really know what to call that.

In BONINOBONINOBONINO's defense, it did look like a head jerk reaction to the stick passing his face. But to grab his mouth was sad.

Gotta give him credit for understanding where the ref was, though. Where the ref was, that had to look like a good chop.

Breakway, off a skate, PPG. He's been average this playoffs, but don't think you can blame it on him. How many times did the caps not score because they didn't shoot or couldn't lift the puck over Flurry's pads? Top line was garbage tonight, all 3 of them deserve more criticism than Holtby for tonight's game.

Yeah, the shot total was low, but that wasn't on Holtby. It is also amplified by the cocaine fueled octopus at the other end making saves he no business making. Holtby's been fine. Unspectacular, but fine.

The Penguins either needed to play a perfect game or have everything go their way.

The Penguins most certainly didn't play a perfect (or, honestly, even passable) game.

All I kept thinking was "Why couldn't we get THIS Pens team in round one." They looked like hot garbage for 3/4ths of the game.