• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team just feigned a penalty to wuss out of having to defend against their opponents at the end of a 1 goal game.

Your team's goalie did this:

Maybe watch who you're calling whiny babies, hmm? Or am I going to get a letter from Mario Lemieux about this?

Oh come on, that's hilarious. The MAF stuff. And I'm not particularly upset about the highstick, sure refs will be ticked, but whatever. People calling for heads is a bit hyperbolic. Unless you're a Caps fan, then continue by all means. But this
Is so funny. Disgrace?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't generally see that many players kicking the head back when not close. It happens, but its fucking douchetastic.

You guys won the game, you don't need to resort to defending that shitty act by Bonino. I'm guessing he gets a fine. That's typical for that sort of thing.

*approaches carefully*
Has a highstick head flick ever led to a fine? Sincerely curious since it's hard to gauge if it was just human reaction or drawing a call.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't generally see that many players kicking the head back when not close. It happens, but its fucking douchetastic.

You guys won the game, you don't need to resort to defending that shitty act by Bonino. I'm guessing he gets a fine. That's typical for that sort of thing.
Wow really.

Not defending anything and to say no one ever does that is BS, you know better.

And I guess it is typical for every time the Penguins win someone always has to whine about the refs giving it to them.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*approaches carefully*
Has a highstick head flick ever led to a fine? Sincerely curious since it's hard to gauge if it was just human reaction or drawing a call.

Yes.

Backup... maintain 15 feet Pix!! ;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow really.

Not defending anything and to say no one ever does that is BS, you know better.

And I guess it is typical for every time the Penguins win someone always has to whine about the refs giving it to them.

Very little ref whining the entire series from either fanbase here. Some bad calls, but mostly pretty good and it's gone both ways.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pats fan I can honestly say I know what it is like to be a Pens fan. They are always in it and have won.

With that said FUCK the PENS. I hate them. lol

See, as a Pats fan you also know how we feel hearing this. *bathes in the glow of hatred*

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, as a Pats fan you also know how we feel hearing this. *bathes in the glow of hatred*

Well honestly I have hated them for years since the Ulffy incident with Cam but I can relate to the hate you Pens fans get cause we Pats fans get it x100.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, another game where the better team loses. So...maybe someone else can sit out next game?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little ref whining the entire series from either fanbase here. Some bad calls, but mostly pretty good and it's gone both ways.
I agree with you that's why I find it hilarious that is the discussion about that play. There is no way a Ref wouldn't make that call as they did. Yeah it is BS and yeah he probably should get a fine for embellishment after the fact.

With that said I look forward to Friday and no way if the Caps play like this again they lose.
This series reminds me of the Canadiens/Penguins in 2010. This time it is the Penguins just sitting back and protecting their goalie.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canadiens....2010.

I'm sorry, did you say 2010 and Canadiens in the same sentence?

triggered-meme.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine what cbc/snet (and narrative buying hockey fans) would have rolled with if it was say, the despicable alex burrows who pulled the shit bonino did

This tonight garnered 5 seconds from ole boy ronnie and elliott mentioned ryan lochte probably wont get another call this series

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine what cbc/snet (and narrative buying hockey fans) would have rolled with if it was say, the despicable alex burrows who pulled the shit bonino did

He still has time to pull a Bonino, jstew.

/I said pardon?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that's why I find it hilarious that is the discussion about that play. There is no way a Ref wouldn't make that call as they did. Yeah it is BS and yeah he probably should get a fine for embellishment after the fact.

I'm not mad at the ref for making that call, it's almost impossible not to see the stick go up and the head snap back in less than half a second.

I'm mad at that ugly mofo that looks like the lead singer of Mungo Jerry for being a diving little shit.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has time to pull a Bonino, jstew.

/I said pardon?

I hope he goes low key ... scores an ot winner and shoots a luc bourdon arrow at AV as he skates by the rangers bench :thumb: