• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he in the book depository, the walkway or the grassy knoll?

Damnit @dash inquiring minds want to know???

A google search for Ovechkin and Dealey Plaza returns the following:

The NHL playoffs began Wednesday. “The what?” said Toronto Maple Leafs fans … Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin didn’t have a shot on goal and was a non-factor Thursday in his team’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Montreal Canadiens in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference series. A sniper hasn’t been that invisible since John F. Kennedy visited Dealey Plaza

That guy's sick!

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was more about the fact that OVs in a lose-lose position when it comes to the media. He doesn't hit Crosby late behind the net in game 1 and he's criticized. He slashes Crosby on a goal scoring chance in game 3 and he's criticized. Does he deserve criticism for his play sometimes? Absolutely! But it doesn't matter what he does, he'll receive criticism because -Insert long list of reasons here-.

Well, duh. He shouldn't been born Russian at the same time as Captain Canada.

Please, that is obviously from the Rangers discussing taking out Carey Price two years ago with the names changed.

Is he in the book depository, the walkway or the grassy knoll?

Damnit @dash inquiring minds want to know???

Yes.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOT TAKES HERRRRREEE! GET YOUR HHOOOOOOT TAKES!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOT TAKES HERRRRREEE! GET YOUR HHOOOOOOT TAKES!

Mmmmm, I could go for some syrup-covered hot... oh... takes. Damn it. Now I'm hungry. Is there no end to this series'... uh, series of disappointments? Is work done yet?!?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, you can't really believe that.

As for the retribution, the thing that sets these Pens apart from previous iterations is that Sullivan tells them to just play, and the players listen.

The Crosby play was really unfortunate. Ovechkin slashed him up high which is a normal occurrence in the playoffs. The "trip" was simply Ovechkin trying to stop and their skates coming together.

As far as Niskanen goes, he absolutely tried to cross check Sid there, but Sid's head was not in a normal place because of the collision with Ovechkin. It should have been a 2 minute minor, not a major and not a game misconduct. Ovechkin may have gotten a penalty in the regular season, but that's not a penalty in the playoffs. (See Alzner vs. Hornquist prior to the Pens goal in the third)

None of this was dirty. Niskanen was somewhat careless, and may have taken an opportunity to get a good shot in, but he didn't target the head. No one is going to go after Ovechkin after this. Grow up.

I'd go back and suggest you look at the replay, two hits to the head then tried what looked to be a Slew Foot move....

Grow up?...okay..

I am sure it's no harm no foul just like the Adam Graves slash in '92 on Lemieux to get him out of the game........

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And there's dozens of related videos, full of respect. Respectful sucker punches, respectful blindside hits...

If Gretz wasn't hit as much it had zero to do with respect and everything to do with the fact that he was hard to hit.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this is shitty that Sid has a concussion ... hoping he can recover ... was at 8 rinks for my sons spring hockey yesterday late afternoon watching it on the big screen in the grill and there were audible gasps from everyone watching when they showed the slow mo and him going down

If you REALLY felt bad, you would rock the Caps logo for a few days.:nod:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I just knew that clip was coming:suds:

It's wrong, but at the time, I fully supported Tie's sucker punch as I felt Ulf had it coming for past transgressions. Now that I'm older (and maybe a bit wiser), my views have changed.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please get Tie Domi out of our thread. Thank you.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's wrong, but at the time, I fully supported Tie's sucker punch as I felt Ulf had it coming for past transgressions. Now that I'm older (and maybe a bit wiser), my views have changed.
Mine haven't.......................FUCK Ulf Samuelsson!!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Disgrace that Matt Niskanen won't be Suspended.

That was a cheapshot at Crosby's head.

It's a Fucking joke right now......