• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't honestly say I can recall all of these plots/attacks - Found this tweet as well.

911f595350bfab15a30dcf4814f255fd.jpg

be194824ace0eac511bd543915b29060.jpg

b02fe2e8e34180dd8e41e49508c21a30.jpg

209658670cfc21942e6e647e67fa7485.jpg

fb5816d1ec7da3c747bb441049122143.jpg

I question some of those listed without seeing more details, October 14, NYC, US person for example, but 78!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90+% of them were in locations far from the US. Half of the ones in the US are cited as "US person". I wouldn't expect much more than the local news to cover it.

I distinctly remember plenty of coverage of the Ottawa, San Bernadino and Columbus events.

Knife attacks in Australia, England, France? Really? Sounds like nitpicking for a sound bite to me.

Last edited:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90+% of them were in locations far from the US. Half of the ones in the US are cited as "US person". I wouldn't expect much more than the local news to cover it.

I distinctly remember plenty of coverage of the Ottawa, San Bernadino and Columbus events.

Knife attacks in Australia, England, France? Really? Sounds like nitpicking for a sound bite to me.

I have been trying to wrap my head around the reasoning behind this whole thing. What is the administration trying to accomplish?

- Do they want to show that selective media coverage is dangerous? Anyone paying attention knows that. Seems I remember a recent issue with one candidate accused of raping a 13 year old girl, was proven to have not paid taxes for 18 years, was forced to buy off people his "university" defrauded and had to shut down his "charity" in it's home state because it was deemed to not be for charity but for buying off people who were suing him. While at the same time bringing his daughter, also a representative for his business, to a meeting with a foreign leader. And all the media talked about was emails. That just happened to get hacked right after he suggested a hostile foreign power hack them.

- Is he trying to embarrass the intelligence community? I guess we will see if the list includes the multitudes of plots that were discovered and stopped. Or only successful ones. Maybe he's trying to break the unholy relationship between the intelligence community and the media. As much as we can debate whether it's a good idea or not, they do communicate a lot. And sometimes there are... agreements... not to publish things.

- The third option it seems is simply to incite more fear and hatred. If the list contains only things done by brown people who worship that "funny" God, then yeah. It will be hard to believe it's anything but. Will the list include the white guy who drove to DC and fired shots inside a pizza joint because he believed it was being used to house child sex slaves? Will it mention the three white guys in Cleveland who wanted to blow up a bridge? Abortion Bombers? KKK incidents? I would hope that it would include all terror incidents. But considering the administration has been all over the machete attack in the Louvre by the brown guy (who would not have been banned from coming here because his birthplace and place of residence aren't on "the list", by the way), but have said nary a peep about the 8 cold blooded murders in Quebec it is hard to have faith that it will.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been trying to wrap my head around the reasoning behind this whole thing. What is the administration trying to accomplish?

- Do they want to show that selective media coverage is dangerous?

/Charleston

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I foresee a skit with Trump in a diaper and Rosie saying "who's a good boy?"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there actually is a tv series out there right now thats eerily similar to whats going on

A man was elected. A man was elected into one of the highest offices in the modern world and given complete control, but not because he was proven to be the best for this position. No, this inexperienced man was elected because the powers that be for this society were so obsessed with manipulating votes to ensure certain people wouldn’t be elected, they let him slip by. This man was elected because of compromise. A man, who has little patience or respect for tradition, was given complete control by a society that has no idea what he will do with said power. A man was elected.

That’s the plot of Paolo Sorrentino’s miniseries, The Young Pope.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, here's a list of US citizens (or, well sovereign citizens of their own world) affiliated with anti-government movements and the incidents involving them.

http://www.seditionists.com/antigovviolence.pdf

It is, of course, cherrypicking a lot of arrests that turned into incidents and the persons arrested happened to be associated with anti-government movements and not just looking at plots designed to harm people. But still, that's a giant list.

This also doesn't include purely racial incitement of violence (either direction), single issue motivators like abortion bombers or eco terrorists, or "random" spree killings such as Sandy Hook or Charleston unless the perpetrator was found to have connections to anti-government movements too.

We, as a people, need to have this discussion. But we need to have the whole discussion. Not just about those scary brown people.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Do they want to show that selective media coverage is dangerous? Anyone paying attention knows that. Seems I remember a recent issue with one candidate accused of raping a 13 year old girl, was proven to have not paid taxes for 18 years, was forced to buy off people his "university" defrauded and had to shut down his "charity" in it's home state because it was deemed to not be for charity but for buying off people who were suing him. While at the same time bringing his daughter, also a representative for his business, to a meeting with a foreign leader. And all the media talked about was emails. That just happened to get hacked right after he suggested a hostile foreign power hack them.

- Is he trying to embarrass the intelligence community? I guess we will see if the list includes the multitudes of plots that were discovered and stopped. Or only successful ones. Maybe he's trying to break the unholy relationship between the intelligence community and the media. As much as we can debate whether it's a good idea or not, they do communicate a lot. And sometimes there are... agreements... not to publish things.

- The third option it seems is simply to incite more fear and hatred. If the list contains only things done by brown people who worship that "funny" God, then yeah. It will be hard to believe it's anything but. Will the list include the white guy who drove to DC and fired shots inside a pizza joint because he believed it was being used to house child sex slaves? Will it mention the three white guys in Cleveland who wanted to blow up a bridge? Abortion Bombers? KKK incidents? I would hope that it would include all terror incidents. But considering the administration has been all over the machete attack in the Louvre by the brown guy (who would not have been banned from coming here because his birthplace and place of residence aren't on "the list", by the way), but have said nary a peep about the 8 cold blooded murders in Quebec it is hard to have faith that it will.
I truly believe it's a concerted effort to discredit the media (except for one Aussie News Agency) so that he can continue his carte blanche style of leadership and any watchdog reporting of his transgressions will be regarded as "fake news."

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there actually is a tv series out there right now thats eerily similar to whats going on

A man was elected. A man was elected into one of the highest offices in the modern world and given complete control, but not because he was proven to be the best for this position. No, this inexperienced man was elected because the powers that be for this society were so obsessed with manipulating votes to ensure certain people wouldn’t be elected, they let him slip by. This man was elected because of compromise. A man, who has little patience or respect for tradition, was given complete control by a society that has no idea what he will do with said power. A man was elected.

That’s the plot of Paolo Sorrentino’s miniseries, The Young Pope.
I cannot wait for the upcoming Netflix series The Young Pope Of Greenwich Village.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually, the comments section of internet articles are a waste of time, but deadspin comments are usually pretty good and today is no exception.

The comment about being honked at while riding a bike hit too close to home for me.

Too soon.

Nevar Forget.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment about being honked at while riding a bike hit too close to home for me.

Too soon.

Nevar Forget.
This one wasn't reported much at all either:

7ea.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three R's - Reading, Riting, and beaRs...

Status
Not open for further replies.