• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm running to TJ Maxx, anybody want anything?
property_of_my_hot_wife_t_shirt-rdcec5b8a8c8b4e1db8f12c5f6e9da487_k2g9y_540.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Wells of the Toronto Star says a rumor he has heard is Sarah Palin may be the new US Ambassador to Canada.
For a full day I've been trying to come up with a good poutine on Palin's breasts prob joke and I have failed. My best days are behind me.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One benefit of being a sanctuary city that no one seems to be considering is the prime reason behind it is to encourage the immigrant population to come forward and talk to police about what is happening in t heir neighborhood. Too many people latch on to the word "sanctuary" and think that it only means a place for criminals to hide. That's not the purpose. And I am sure there are cases where it can be true. But those cases, the exceptions, are not a valid reason to scrap the whole thing.

And to look at whether or not it makes cities safer, let's look at cities with overly aggressive police forces where NO ONE talks to police for fear of going to jail themselves. The two biggest example being Baltimore and Chicago. When the populous won't work with the police, crime tends to go up, and is often left unsolved. And let's face it, these immigrants are not living in suburbs, they are living in really shitty neighborhoods where there is a lot of crime.

So to defund cities who use it as a tool to build trust with a marginalized community could have a snowball effect. And keeping it isn't political, getting rid of it is. You break a trust with the people. You take away funding for things needed to protect everyone else. And then the police have to "do more with less" and then they get pissed. Plus you encourage the population of cops that are just there to beat up on anyone will be emboldened, could start making things worse.

I know a lot of cops here in Columbus. Columbus has a huge Somali immigrant population. We've had two radical incidents (knife attack on a Jewish restaurant owner and the guy who drove his car into the crowd at OSU) and in both cases, the police relationship with the community led to everyone who knew about it or was involved being rounded up fast.

I know more than one cop that is scared of what happens if the overarching attitude is "arrest any brown person until they can prove citizenship" that crime will go up exponentially. Likelihood of terror attack goes up too. But you can't start a world war without a Reichstag fire...

And make no mistake, no police officer anywhere in this country, is going to let any criminal walk. No matter where they are from. I know a guy who locked his own son up.

Sorry, haven't been here for a few days to reply.

I appreciate you spending the time explaining your personnel position of the illegal immigration issue and how local law enforcement might think, I mean this sincerely. I highlighted sections and will give my reply below.

-The downside to this is serious uptick in illegal immigration since these "don't ask" rules were put in place. 1979 LA introduced Special Act 40, since then the increase in illegal immigration into the country has increased. I let you go look at these stats yourself but around 1980, 3 million is the estimate, it's estimated somewhere around 11-12 million now.

-Under the Clinton administration the Fed began funding law enforcement agencies and municipalities to hold illegals even for offences as small as shoplifting, and outlawed bans on not turning in said offenders. Later in I believe 2007, the fed started funding local law enforcement on the how to's for enforcement and help offset the local costs for holding. So now the cities are keeping the funding for that purpose, but not assisting the fed. So should the Fed continue to pay for something there are not getting? In any other situations people would be screaming federal waste. Is the president using the funding to enforce federal law?

-It's political in both directions, don't kid yourself.

-Facts not in evidence.

-So let me get this straight, if illegals are not here, there will be an increase in crime and terror attacks. Profiling isn't related. Don't forget the British immigrants that were also caught up in this situation, wait they're not brown we don't care anymore about them.

-What the hell does the German parliament building have to do with this conversation?

-Police officers are doing there job, it's the municipalities that are releasing minor offenders back into the population, even when they know the person is illegally in the US, keeping the funding and telling the Fed your discriminated.

Final comment on this subject, I personally have no issues with persons coming to America and beginning a new life, welcome. But do it right, pay your taxes and pay back into the country which is now protecting you and your rights to a good life. It took my grandparents 18 years to get the entire family in from Scotland, why should it be different for anyone else.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final comment on this subject, I personally have no issues with persons coming to America and beginning a new life, welcome. But do it right, pay your taxes and pay back into the country which is now protecting you and your rights to a good life. It took my grandparents 18 years to get the entire family in from Scotland, why should it be different for anyone else.

Im sorry, I thought you were pro Trump?

And where did your grandparents come from? Did they put up with discrimination because of who they were (Irish need not apply) and where they were from? And would you have been OK with the so called leader of this country making straw man type arguments against them?

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been good at refraining from personal attacks in this thread. Let's keep it that way.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been good at refraining from personal attacks in this thread. Let's keep it that way.
Yeah, my bad.

Actually could my entire post be removed? And any other that's not a pun or a dick joke?

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a Bandwagon Penguin Fan and you support rapist for being a Steelers fan.....

................Oh sorry flashbacks to a long forgotten time....................................

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. That Spicer skit was one of the funniest on SNL on a LONG time!
Yeah I agree. Like him or not the political satire with this President has been good.

For SNL Obama wasn't easy to make fun of and neither was Reagan or Bush Sr.
Ford, Carter, Clinton and Bush Jr they did a good job with.

For the most part you can't look at it from one side of the political fence you have to look at it more as the quality of comedians they had to impersonate the past presidents.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. That Spicer skit was one of the funniest on SNL on a LONG time!

"I want to start with an apology, to me, on your behalf. Your apology is not accepted"

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HAPPY MONDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.