• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
DZ-ZOseXkAUd9eJ.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the police state conspiracy stuff constantly touted during the Obama Administration that NEVER happened. Well now we have the unprecedented step 1....
Trump Administration Unveils Plans to Send National Guard Troops, Build Base Walls Near U.S.-Mexico Border

My feelings on the wall are summed up best by the phrase "it's a child's idea."

That said, I honestly don't give a shit if we build it if that will get some compromises on some other issue. It doesn't really hurt anybody. It's just a huge waste of money, but it isn't that damaging to our society. On the list of reasons that Trump completely sucks ass, it's pretty low in my opinion.

Let dumb dumb build his wall. Keep the dreamers. Win-win. Trouble is Trump had that on the table, he acted like he didn't, and tried to blame the Dems for it. Now THAT kind of lying/deceit is much more offensive and dangerous than the wall.

He needs to have a heart attack. Keep eating the cheeseburgers, Donnie.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump saying he didn't know his attorney paid Daniels $130,000.

Oh come on, dude.

See, this is the difference between Bill Clinton and Donald Trump. Clinton was like the best fucking liar and he did it for good causes. Trump's lies are laughably sophomoric and he does it for xenophobia, meglomania, and vanity. Sad.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump saying he didn't know his attorney paid Daniels $130,000.

Oh come on, dude.

See, this is the difference between Bill Clinton and Donald Trump. Clinton was like the best fucking liar and he did it for good causes. Trump's lies are laughably sophomoric and he does it for xenophobia, meglomania, and vanity. Sad.

Obviously you would know this much better than I would :D, but if his attorney made a payment on his client's behalf without his client's consent wouldn't he be in a shitload of trouble?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said, I honestly don't give a shit if we build it if that will get some compromises on some other issue. It doesn't really hurt anybody. It's just a huge waste of money, but it isn't that damaging to our society. On the list of reasons that Trump completely sucks ass, it's pretty low in my opinion.

Let dumb dumb build his wall. Keep the dreamers. Win-win. Trouble is Trump had that on the table, he acted like he didn't, and tried to blame the Dems for it. Now THAT kind of lying/deceit is much more offensive and dangerous than the wall.

I wasn't even talking about the wall but you are correct. It is beyond stupid waste of money that will cost US tax payers a lot of money for many years to come.

The issue that shouldn't be overlooked is the deployment of the National Guard at the border. There only have been 12 times when they have been deployed on US soil to mobilize in this fashion by the federal government:
12 times the president called in the military domestically

You will notice a trend with the past times vs this time, also all the past times had merit.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) By and large, congressional GOP doesn't want to fund the wall.

2) Democrats would fund it but they want a shit ton in return. Trading the wall for DACA alone is just god-awful negotiating whereas Trump can't give any more because the few Republicans in congress he has on his side for funding the wall will balk at any additional spending the Dems ask for.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look in the mirror if you want to see something fake...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way to get in a quick plug for the course you own. Lol. I can only imagine the post-Stanley Cup winner Tweet...

jfs91jeh_16b867j_1lsmx38.png

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s an amazing Thai restaurant in Toronto called Pai and everytime I see Ajit Pai’s name I get that pad thai craving.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1