• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's currently snowing, and they are warning of more possible tornadoes tomorrow.

Happy Spring Break!

Arctic freeze in January, summer in February, snow in April... global warming may be terrible, but it isn't boring!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's currently snowing, and they are warning of more possible tornadoes tomorrow.

Happy Spring Break!

43 is gearing up for the storm...

giphy.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43 is gearing up for the storm...

giphy.gif

I would like to know where I can obtain a suit that can pass through the innards of a shark and come out clean.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arctic freeze in January, summer in February, snow in April... global warming may be terrible, but it isn't boring!
One thing I'm noticing here, summer is ending later and spring is starting later. Second year in a row that it's been like that.

Oh, we got the summer in February thing too, which was nice but I would totally trade it for some fucking decent weather right now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have our first crane failure.

The crane in the downtown river flood picture I posted is moving quite a bit and the area has been cleared. The idea of one of those things falling scares me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crane in the downtown river flood picture I posted is moving quite a bit and the area has been cleared. The idea of one of those things falling scares me.
I've been present for a crane collapse, kinda. 5 years ago, a mobile crane truck tipped over on a site of mine and fell onto my company's scaffolding. I was on that scaffolding about 15 minutes prior to the accident. Man, the fucking noise that thing made was pure terror.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's snowing up north and now we could have a doozy up in Cottage Country too.

It's a little chilly and overcast here on the Wet Coast, but I'll take this weather over what you guys are experiencing in southern Ontario and Ohio.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a really interesting take on the topic.

On one hand you would think it would be obvious that the President could be prosecuted just like anyone else. The fact that there's so much legal debate on it makes it pretty clear that it's not clear at all.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry Blossom festival is supposed to be this weekend in DC. (I never go, there are lovely flowering trees everywhere, i don't need to fight traffic to see 'em) But the wind is blowing away all the blossoms today and tomorrow. And it may snow on Saturday. Hahaha. Crazy.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at cherry blossoms

From the “cool story bro ... wut ???” files...

I used to follow atlas obscura on twitter. They once posted a picture and story about cherry blossom “tunnels” on streets in Bonn Germany. It caught my eye because they were celebrating this street as almost world famous and it looked mediocre to me lol

Because there is a street near where i grew up in once working class east vancouver that ... to me ... blew it out of the water

So i posted a photo and a local news story about how locals flock to this street and take it over when the cherry blossoms bloom. My tweet ended up getting responses and the majority of responses were to the effect that this picture i posted was more impressive

The atlasobscura twitter account responded by blocking me (lol) then deleting their initial tweet and posting a new (exactly the same) tweet about Bonn lol

:noidea:

/edit: GET OFF MY LAWN !!!

Cherry blossom admirers swarm quiet East Vancouver street

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.