• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emma Gonzalez is awesome

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argh.

So the narrative du jour from the gun fetishists is apparently that a "good guy with a gun" stopped the school shooting in Maryland and the media is ignoring it.

No. The shooter went into that school with his father's improperly secured gun with the intent to murder that girl. He succeeded, and injured a second child in the process. The school resource officer engaged him at some point after he had accomplished his goal and killed him (effectively making the school resource officer Judge, Jury and Executioner). It was before first period, the hallway was full. Had the kid wanted to kill more, he would have. If he had a semi-auto assault weapon, he could have easily topped Parkland before the officer had a chance to react and he would have likely wound up killing the officer too. So having an armed guard in the school really didn't do anything to protect more kids or stop larger tragedy in this case. Parkland had armed cops there too.

But even so..

How many of your own children is an acceptable number to die to consider more guns a success? How many of YOUR OWN kids need to catch a bullet in the head before you will say "oh that is one too many"? I get it, you have a gun fetish. You want more guns like some people want more leather corsets and whips. But at some point, you are going to have to address the simple question of how many kids is an acceptable number to be slaughtered to support your argument. And once you are ready to start thinking about that, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, you will see why these kids are standing up, marching and demanding to be heard. They want what all people want. To feel like they matter.

Screaming about false flags and holding onto something material over human lives tells them that they don't matter to you.

The bottom line is that girl is dead because of a gun. And another gun didn't stop it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DZEybs0XcAAtnHC.jpg:small

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess he wants this also:

quote-to-stand-in-silence-when-they-should-be-protesting-makes-cowards-out-of-men-abraham-lincoln-375123.jpg

Back on point what an asinine comment or maybe push your own party to make it manditory!
First off Florida does not require CPR training in high school like a lot of other states. Twice the measure was shot down by the State House:
Florida House of Representatives - SB 302 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training in Public Schools . - State House Controlled by the Republicans - Florida House of Representatives elections, 2012 - Ballotpedia
http://flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2015/1311/BillText/Filed/PDF - State House Controlled by the Republicans - Florida House of Representatives elections, 2014 - Ballotpedia

Finally how the hell does he know which kids have taken CPR class and haven't?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slight observation....if we should not care about the Trump affair since it happened 12 years ago, why do those same people keep bringing up Clinton and JFK?

Truthfully I really don't care at all except why the party of "Family Values" keeps protecting him.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slight observation....if we should not care about the Trump affair since it happened 12 years ago, why do those same people keep bringing up Clinton and JFK?

Truthfully I really don't care at all except why the party of "Family Values" keeps protecting him.

Because hypocrisy is the greatest luxury.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99hm5xbk2yn01.jpg

The problem with the Internet is how hard it is to see something so incomprehensibly stupid and trying to figure out if it's photoshopped or if Tactical Glasses snowflake really feels he is oppressed.

Either way, I am with the kid on this one.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I read that too fast and thought they were banning leopards from gymnastics which I thought was a pretty common sense decision.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stickin' with the classics, I see...

ALL NEWS IS FAKE!

Next comment is a completely false statement.

By the way, I would love it if the media starts referring to him as "Spanky".

Status
Not open for further replies.