• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo and his family now live in Oregon although he represented GBR at the last Olympics.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo and his family now live in Oregon although he represented GBR at the last Olympics.

He wouldn't be a target if he had adopted American spelling. "realise" gave him away. :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be a target if he had adopted American spelling. "realise" gave him away. :D

Also of note is how he spelled "honour", something the 45th president could use a little more of.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another board - The US needs to put a travel ban on lawnmowers.

16195669_10154042204942471_6886749046235354564_n.jpg

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another board - The US needs to put a travel ban on lawnmowers.

16195669_10154042204942471_6886749046235354564_n.jpg

To add to that, the number of Americans killed by refugees in terroristic attacks since 1970 is...

3 (and the attackers were Cuban)

Yeah, he only means unborn babies.

After they are born, fuck 'em.

Last edited:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always looking to start WWII? What does that even mean? I like that Trump tells them what they should focus on when he's setting the agenda. He talked about jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs.

So far we have three focus areas:
-Immigration policy - in response to jihadist immigrants that cause on average 2 deaths per year (a little over 100 die from falling off ladders each year, you could make ladders great again and be more effective)
-Crowd size - not even a policy issue, something the White House should have paid no mind.
-Voting fraud - again, studies have shown this is not remotely a statistical issue, much less the millions of people Trump is pulling out of the air.

So instead of focusing on JOBS, probably an issue that all of us would be like 'okay, this is supposed to be his wheelhouse, let's see what he can do,' he focused on one non-political issue and two policy areas that are not problems that he's proposing solutions to, and are very controversial and energizing to his opposition.

He's hurt his credibility, he looks out of his depth, his skin is even more thin than we all thought it would be, and his White House is leaking anonymous sources like it's the final days of a one term President.

Terrible first week. Sad.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't about time the politics be taken to the politics forum.

You do make a good point, my friend, there is a politics forum at the Hoop, unfortunately I've visited there and it's not exactly a place that tolerates opposing points of view. As long as the discussion remains civil and there's no name calling or personal attacks, I personally don't have a problem with political posts in this thread. I think we're lucky that we have a good community who frequent this board and dare I say leave their partisanship at the logon screen.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do make a good point, my friend, there is a politics forum at the Hoop, unfortunately I've visited there and it's not exactly a place that tolerates opposing points of view. As long as the discussion remains civil and there's no name calling or personal attacks, I personally don't have a problem with political posts in this thread. I think we're lucky that we have a good community who frequent this board and dare I say leave their partisanship at the logon screen.

I can agree to your statement (not that I really count around here anyway) as long as opposing points of view are also accepted, I'm good with-it.

I frequent the politics forum, I find it entertaining. No Wings fans left these days to complain with, so I get bored, read, laugh and on occasion comment.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everytime I see these stories, I go back to my idealistic youth, maybe he had it right.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

IF ONLY

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree to your statement (not that I really count around here anyway) as long as opposing points of view are also accepted, I'm good with-it.

I frequent the politics forum, I find it entertaining. No Wings fans left these days to complain with, so I get bored, read, laugh and on occasion comment.

I look at this place as a series of sports bars all next to each other. And while some people hop from bar to bar, I like to stay here with my hockey bretheren. I've known/been posting with some of these maniacs for 10+ years. Yeah, we are in the hockey bar, but we like to talk about all sorts of things (especially European cars), and none of us really have any desire to go over to the politics bar and get screamed at (except eloco).

I like the lively discussion here, and while it may seem we all agree (except when it comes to lawyer jokes), I don't think anyone would openly dislike opposing points of view, as long as they are presented in the manner we usually speak about things. Clearly, without malice and with LOADS of snark. :)

And you do count around here. It's the Ranger fans we don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.