• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to be careful on the outrage there. I was registered to vote in two states, because I moved. You don't get purged from the rolls automagically.

Now, if they VOTED in two places...

(me and sabrefan on the same page)

T
If these fuck-tards would consent to allow some degree of federal control over voting they could fix this easily. But no, that would be too much big-brother for these assholes.

No, *wrong kind* of big brother.

Come on now don't let logic get in the way of Presidents Trumps (still throwing up a little saying that..) talking points.

Okay, I won't talk about this logic either:

So, when do we go to war with Mexico over the wall payments? Will Trump repossess it when the foreigners refuse to pay?

All Mexico needs to do is poison the cocaine supply coming through under the wall.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now don't let logic get in the way of Presidents Trumps (still throwing up a little saying that..) talking points.
So per President Trump.............(sorry for the pause I just threw up...) that means they voted for Clinton along with his Daughter? :noidea:

that you Triumph? lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triumph is just pissed that dogs cannot vote. Realistically though, how many elections could they even vote in? 2, 3?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triumph is just pissed that dogs cannot vote. Realistically though, how many elections could they even vote in? 2, 3?

I want a dog as president and to serve two terms - Imagine what you could get done in 56 years.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An excerpt from the ABC News interview with Trump about his speech at CIA Headquarters...

President Trump: That speech was a home run. That speech, if you look at Fox, OK, I'll mention you -- we see what Fox said. They said it was one of the great speeches. They showed the people applauding and screaming and -- and they were all CIA. There was -- somebody was asking Sean Spicer -- "Well, were they Trump people that were put--" we don't have Trump people. They were CIA people.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: People loved it. They loved it. They gave me a standing ovation for a long period of time. They never even sat down, most of them, during the speech. There was love in the room. You and other networks covered it very inaccurately. I hate to say this to you and you probably won't put it on but turn on Fox and see how it was covered. And see how people respond to that speech.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An excerpt from the ABC News interview with Trump about his speech at CIA Headquarters...

President Trump: That speech was a home run. That speech, if you look at Fox, OK, I'll mention you -- we see what Fox said. They said it was one of the great speeches. They showed the people applauding and screaming and -- and they were all CIA. There was -- somebody was asking Sean Spicer -- "Well, were they Trump people that were put--" we don't have Trump people. They were CIA people.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: People loved it. They loved it. They gave me a standing ovation for a long period of time. They never even sat down, most of them, during the speech. There was love in the room. You and other networks covered it very inaccurately. I hate to say this to you and you probably won't put it on but turn on Fox and see how it was covered. And see how people respond to that speech.

Is the New York Times owned by Fox yet?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/opinion/the-shocking-affront-of-donald-trumps-cia-stunt.html?_r=0

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That interview was insane. The part where Trump was talking about how the media won't stop talking about crowd size was crazy. You sent your press secretary and focused on it for your FIRST press conference! And then you brought it up at the CIA where it was totally irrelevant.

I don't understand why Trump insists on saying things on Twitter and in quotes to the press and then acting like he didn't say them. That is his most bizarre behavior.

But I think my favorite interview quote was... "So I wanna make sure that nobody's dying on the streets when I'm president. Nobody's gonna be dying on the streets. We will unleash something that's gonna be terrific." Ya know, like you unleash a birthday party on someone. Haha.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a dog as president and to serve two terms - Imagine what you could get done in 56 years.
Serious question though, if a dog could hold office would his term only be for 208 days?

. We will unleash something that's gonna be terrific.
That's how I was promoting my wedding night.

*boom!*

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also found out last night that Chicago is like Afghanistan only with better pizza and a NHL hockey team.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, after hearing about "Emperor Obama" from conservatives for the last 8 years, he ended up having the fewest number of executive orders issued by year since the dawn of the 20th century. Obama averaged just 34.4 per year. Trump is already averaging 210.5 per year.

Now Presidential Memorandums can have the same impact as an EO, but are harder to track. Trump has twice as many memoranda as orders so far, and Obama had a very similar ratio, though the figures are fuzzy as memorandum do not have the same federal registry requirements as executive orders. And in both cases, these can be bypassed altogether by regulation/rules changes within agencies from appointees made by the President.

Nevertheless, we don't hear the same cry about Trump. Which is a shame not because I think he is abusing his authority - he won, he's using long established and accepted tools at his discretion - but because that kind of labeling prevents a more substantive talk about those policies. And this isn't accidental as one network in particular is not made up of journalists, but is a piece of machinery for one party. (for the record, I think MSNBC is crap too and don't watch it or TV news in general, but they don't operate under the same dishonest guise as being a news network).

Overall, Trump's attacks on institutions like the media and our election process are very obviously frustration with them not reflecting his hopes for how he would like his message to be received or the results he imagined because... ya know, facts. Trying to attack and subvert the messenger and alter those facts instead of reacting to the public's needs, shaping policy, etc. is precisely what makes his approach similar to that of a dictator/emperor. And while I hope he succeeds as this is my country, he will not succeed if conservatives don't hold his feet to the fire. I won't hold my breath.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also found out last night that Chicago is like Afghanistan only with better pizza and a NHL hockey team.

On Chicago...

"It's carnage. You know, in my speech I got tremendous — from certain people the word carnage. It is carnage. It's horrible carnage. This is Afghanistan — is not like what's happening in Chicago. People are being shot left and right. Thousands of people over a period — over a short period of time... Chicago is like a war zone. Chicago is worse than some of the people that you report in some of the places that you report about every night … I want them to fix the problem. You can't have thousands of people being shot in a city, in a country that I happen to be president of. Maybe it's okay if somebody else is president. I want them to fix the problem. They have a problem that's very easily fixable. They're gonna have to get tougher and stronger and smarter. But they gotta fix the problem. I don't want to have thousands of people shot in a city where essentially I'm the president. I love Chicago. I know Chicago. And Chicago is a great city, can be a great city....It can't be a great city. Excuse me. It can't be a great city if people are shot walking down the street for a loaf of bread. Can't be a great city."

So it's a war zone/great city/not great city. Got that?

Also, how is getting "tougher and smarter" solving the problem? What the hell does that mean? This isn't the campaign. You have to define actions now.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how is getting "tougher and smarter" solving the problem? What the hell does that mean?
He obviously means tougher and smarter gun control laws. What else could it be?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how is getting "tougher and smarter" solving the problem? What the hell does that mean?

Truculence. Brian Burke for mayor of Chicago.

/Or transfer Abe Froman from sausage king to mayor.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how is getting "tougher and smarter" solving the problem? What the hell does that mean? This isn't the campaign. You have to define actions now.
I know it's good for a joke, but I think it's time people realise the obvious: Trump has no plans of action, no policy to enact. He has ideas, broad rhetoric regarding issues he thinks are important and he will give those ideas to his staff who will then actually formulate a few plans of action from which he will choose what he believes is best and enact accordingly.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truculence. Brian Burke for mayor of Chicago.

/Or transfer Abe Froman from sausage king to mayor.

Dash, I JUST watched this yesterday, so your timing is good. Analysis of Abe Froman starting at the 1-minute mark...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's good for a joke, but I think it's time people realise the obvious: Trump has no plans of action, no policy to enact. He has ideas, broad rhetoric regarding issues he thinks are important and he will give those ideas to his staff who will then actually formulate a few plans of action from which he will choose what he believes is best and enact accordingly.
Yeah, the wall is a good example. :L

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, I think that's been clear since I would say last March. I think Twitter and short-read media are contributing to that being acceptable, but mostly just voter ignorance about the complexity of many of these problems. If the solutions were simple, we would have done them. They're not, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a charlatan.

Thus marks my first use of charlatan on the Hoop. I now have one charlatan in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.