• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're definitely giving out incomplete info. Will some people lose free healthcare? Yes. Will they be unable to afford new and better health care? No. The impression that millions of people will all of a sudden have no access to health care is false.

Don't forget, Congress has to do their part too.

Trump posts his new Healthcare Reform platform • r/The_Donald

Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

Last edited:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're definitely giving out incomplete info. Will some people lose free healthcare? Yes. Will they be unable to afford new and better health care? No. The impression that millions of people will all of a sudden have no access to health care is false.

Don't forget, Congress has to do their part too.

Trump posts his new Healthcare Reform platform • r/The_Donald

Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.
You cannot say what Trump's tax reform will look like when tax reform is on hold until health care is taken care of. That is all speculation. What good are premium payment tax deductions if you don't itemize deductions? None at all.

People will lose health coverage because they can no longer afford it - fact. Not being able to afford a basic health insurance plan is the same as not having access to it in the first place. Of that 22 million number a proportion will lose health coverage and a proportion will chose not to have coverage. A good number of people now that have coverage will not be able to afford it if the ACHA or the Sentate's version becomes law according to the CBO. Maybe not the whole 22 million number but if the number is even half of that, that is still pretty alarming. And yes, millions of people who currently have health insurance will not be able to afford it - how is that any different than not having access to it in the first place?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will lose health coverage because they can no longer afford it - fact.

Not a fact. I guess like everything else with President Trump, you'll find out eventually that these allegations are incorrect too.

PS: Who here is from Canada, and who is from the US?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the rest of these fake news outlets as well, Rob?

Who could have predicted that he'd jump on the "fake news" talking point?

One does wonder, though... does he get them via email daily? Is there like some text group that sends them or does he just check in on Reddit to find out which words to regurgitate on a given day?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fact. I guess like everything else with President Trump, you'll find out eventually that these allegations are incorrect too.

PS: Who here is from Canada, and who is from the US?
Usually when you try to debate a topic, you have evidence to back up your position. Evidence is not saying you have faith in Trump and you will be proven correct at some point in the future without anything else to back up your claim. That is what religion is for and we're debating healthcare here.

So you're saying a current statistic from the CBO widely regarded as accurate will eventually be proven to be fake? As it stands now, it hasn't been proven incorrect nor fake. If you believe in Trump and Congress to get all of this done, that's great - hopefully healthcare reform and tax reform do get done. As it stands now, you are speculating at future events and calling anything that doesn't mesh with what you think will happen fake news or untrue. Sad.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when you try to debate a topic, you have evidence to back up your position. Evidence is not saying you have faith in Trump and you will be proven correct at some point in the future without anything else to back up your claim. That is what religion is for and we're debating healthcare here.

So you're saying a current statistic from the CBO widely regarded as accurate will eventually be proven to be fake? As it stands now, it hasn't been proven incorrect nor fake. If you believe in Trump and Congress to get all of this done, that's great - hopefully healthcare reform and tax reform do get done. As it stands now, you are speculating at future events and calling anything that doesn't mesh with what you think will happen fake news or untrue. Sad.

I'm not speculating. I'm telling you that your own speculation (fear) is more of the same Trumpphobia hysteria. I posted his Health Care pla in this thread, and you choose to dismiss it. Other people read the board who won't.

At this point the doomsday Trump critics are indistinguishable from WWE fans. Your belief in what is obviously staged hysteria is what's sad.

PS: All Canadians in here?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS: All Canadians in here?

Nope, a good mix of Americans and Canadians, although the Americans certainly outnumber the Canadians who frequent this board.

/Canadian here

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, a good mix of Americans and Canadians, although the Americans certainly outnumber the Canadians who frequent this board.

/Canadian here

I'm interested in hearing how Obamacare worked for other Americans. My premiums went up $600 a year.

Anyone here afraid they will lose their insurance because they won't be able to afford it?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not speculating. I'm telling you that your own speculation (fear) is more of the same Trumpphobia hysteria. I posted his Health Care pla in this thread, and you choose to dismiss it. Other people read the board who won't.

At this point the doomsday Trump critics are indistinguishable from WWE fans. Your belief in what is obviously staged hysteria is what's sad.

I'm not speculating, am not fearful nor am I buying into the Trumpphobia hysteria. I didn't dismiss his health care plan - I even addressed the premiums being used as a tax deduction in a prior post. I responded by saying that is currently a pipe dream - tax reform hasn't even been addressed yet.

Trump's health care "plan" you posted looks great on paper but it's a populist platform - and it doesn't really mesh with the bill the Senate just put forward. How can you cut all the subsidies and medicaid and claim the needy won't fall through the cracks? The slack needs to be picked up somewhere and Trumps plan does not address it. If the wealthy who subsidized a lot of the new Obamacare recipients through additional taxes have those taxes cut and returned to them, where does that shortfall get made up? It doesn't and that is why millions will be left without health insurance. You haven't addressed any of that yet - you've only spewed rhetoric about the CBO numbers and how they don't mesh with your worldview and are therefore fake.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you Yankees just have a referendum state-by-state on whether to either have a single payer system or let everybody fend for themselves?

It's amazing that a country that arranged the greatest army in history in a matter of months 70 years ago cannot figure out how to get people flu shots in a functional and affordable manner.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not speculating, am not fearful nor am I buying into the Trumpphobia hysteria. I didn't dismiss his health care plan - I even addressed the premiums being used as a tax deduction in a prior post. I responded by saying that is currently a pipe dream - tax reform hasn't even been addressed yet.

"Spewed rhetoric"

So angry. Are you in the US?

By dismissing the part of his plan to use premiums as a tax deduction, you're dismissing his plan entirely.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you Yankees just have a referendum state-by-state on whether to either have a single payer system or let everybody fend for themselves?
Most everything President Trump is doing involves putting power back in the hands of the States and out of government rule Obama put us in.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's amazing that a country that arranged the greatest army in history in a matter of months 70 years ago cannot figure out how to get people flu shots in a functional and affordable manner.

LOL, yeah right. Flu shots cause autism dumbass. Plus the government isn't going to tell me what to take!

Status
Not open for further replies.