• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC sets a record while LSU joins a small group of elites

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"UT and A&M ranked 1-2 nationally in the USA Today Database for most revenue in fiscal 2019 — $219.4 million for the Horns, $212.4 million for the Aggies. Texas Tech, by comparison, brought in $89.3 million."

And yet Tech had a Natty in Men's Track, made it to the College World Series and got beat in the finals in overtime in Men's hoops. $89.3 million > $219.4 million and $212.4 million.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to put it in words.

Jimbo was responsible for the things he did...BUT he was an excellent recruiter. He brought good talent to Tally.
You could question the character of some of them, but they had talent. Most of the skill people were properly developed.
Some of his issues was trying to fit square pegs into round holes. I think he recuited more for the "stars" than for the
needs. One example, and there are a few others, would be James Wilder Jr. He was a solid 5-star. He would have been
an All-American if he had gone to Ga Tech, as he once contemplated and played the Fullback position for Paul
Johnson. But at 6-5, 240 being timed in the 40 with a calendar does not fit a read option running attack. Thus he was
mostly useless for us. He didn't really help in short yardage, because defenses would get to him before he got
started, thanks to Trickett, who Fisher would never fire.

The administration is probably the blame for Taggert. They didn't prevent him from doing anything, but they hired
him for all the wrong reasons. Taggert's assistant's that he hired, were, as a group, probably the worst in FSU
History. They didn't teach anybody anything. Practice was unorganized chaos.

I'll stop for now, before I get irked.
I mean you have to blame the administration for not giving Jimbo more funds for the program though. I could be mistaken but wasn’t that the breaking point? They refused to spend cash?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you have to blame the administration for not giving Jimbo more funds for the program though. I could be mistaken but wasn’t that the breaking point? They refused to spend cash?

You are mistaken. You could never satisfy Fisher. When he left FSU had the 6th Highest Assitant Coaches Payroll in the Nation. We had built a new Indoor facility. Had upgraded the stadium, although that robbed us of 2,000 seats on a folly
that most had told Fisher and the school, would never work.

If the truth were ever to be known, Fisher left FSU because his wife leaving him destroyed his name in Tally.
He was never 100% accepted by the entire fanbase because of his role in ousting Bobby. In his 8 years, we only
had 13 sell-outs and our record vs the Top 25 was something like 17-15. He just couldn't win over all the fans
because of his hard-headed attitude. His wife leaving him, and how that went down, literally destroyed any hopes
he ever had of being 100% accepted by the FSU fan base. He bolted for big money and unless he finds a QB
like Winston at ATM, he won't be winning any NC's there.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are mistaken. You could never satisfy Fisher. When he left FSU had the 6th Highest Assitant Coaches Payroll in the Nation. We had built a new Indoor facility. Had upgraded the stadium, although that robbed us of 2,000 seats on a folly
that most had told Fisher and the school, would never work.

If the truth were ever to be known, Fisher left FSU because his wife leaving him destroyed his name in Tally.
He was never 100% accepted by the entire fanbase because of his role in ousting Bobby. In his 8 years, we only
had 13 sell-outs and our record vs the Top 25 was something like 17-15. He just couldn't win over all the fans
because of his hard-headed attitude. His wife leaving him, and how that went down, literally destroyed any hopes
he ever had of being 100% accepted by the FSU fan base. He bolted for big money and unless he finds a QB
like Winston at ATM, he won't be winning any NC's there.
Add to the fact Fisher recruited a bunch of animals who were involved in one incident after another.