• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers 8/16-8/18

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I went back and looked at Fraley's article again, and it's Garza on Tues, Holland on Wed and then the "pitcher by committee" on Thurs. Of course, the team can always make a move and bring up Lindblom. We'll see. Thurs is a long way away today. haha

No pitching by comittee for Thursday. We are off that day. RW said he did not want to use the off days to run a 4 man rotation but someone talked him into it. Plus not having to make the decision on Monday allows a AAA PITCHER to have a stretch out game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pitching by comittee for Thursday. We are off that day. RW said he did not want to use the off days to run a 4 man rotation but someone talked him into it. Plus not having to make the decision on Monday allows a AAA PITCHER to have a stretch out game.

I'm gonna take you're word on it. Hell, I've read it twice and still ain't got it right.

So, you're thinking they may bring someone up? I do recall seeing Blackley's name being mentioned.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna take you're word on it. Hell, I've read it twice and still ain't got it right.

So, you're thinking they may bring someone up? I do recall seeing Blackley's name being mentioned.

They have to make the decision by Thursday to make the roster move for Friday. The three Thursdays off this month help a bunch.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oberholtzer is pitching against the Angels today. Anyone want to venture a guess on the number of K's for Hamilton today?

As a sidebar, about 10 days ago Josh went 0-5, and saw a total of 8 pitches!

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup today:
Gentry CF
Andrus DH
Kinsler 2B
Beltre 3B
AJP C
Rios RF
Moreland 1B
Profar SS
Murphy LF

Why Gentry takes Martin out and not Murphy... Wash at his best.
I think Kinsler needs a day off soon as well.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Ramirez is a pitcher we should be able to light up...which is precisely why we won't....well lets see....

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has been playing every day for a long time... he could use a day off.
Murphy has also been playing almost every day for a while, and badly. He could use a week off.

And look I love Murphy, great guy, but the results are not there consistently.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wasn't pitching well before he went down, I'm not going to wish Barfolo more DL time (truly)...but I'd take it with the luck we've had

On the DL for a groin pull. Tells me it is a phantom DL deal to rest him for the SEP stretch and post season. They brought up Milone to pitch his spot and the youngster Gray will get more starts. Still a very good rotation. However the remainder of August is the toughest part of the season for the A's and I am sure they would have wanted Colon. I guess they figure they catch whatever ground they lose this month next month when their schedule is a lot easier.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Murphy has also been playing almost every day for a while, and badly. He could use a week off.

:agree: I'm a semi Murphy defender. But that said, his play has left a lot to be desired all season, no doubt! I'm just hoping - or is this praying - that Murphy catches fire and plays lights out for the last 40 games and helps us get into the post season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

:agree: I'm a semi Murphy defender. But that said, his play has left a lot to be desired all season, no doubt! I'm just hoping - or is this praying - that Murphy catches fire and plays lights out for the last 40 games and helps us get into the post season.

That's what we have to hope because we know wash won't do what he should and bench his ass.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what we have to hope because we know wash won't do what he should and bench his ass.

I've said this before, but I think it applies here and goes something like this: "It is said, your best and worst characteristics are very similar." And Wash is his loyalty!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who starts in place of Ogando?

Know there were several other posts in reply to this later down below. What I read from Fraley was Garza will move forward and pitch Mon with what Jerry says will be Blakely+Wolf for hopefully 5 innings worth.

That said ... am wondering how Blakely gets on the 40man let alone the 25man. Know Wolf pitched the 9th last night but I read that to be his midrotation stretch out ... and told me he would pitch then in 3 days (ergo Tuesday). Unless TEX is trying to save Wolf and limit the number of times through the batting order either Blakely and/or Wolf pitch ... I would have thought Wolf would be good for 4+ himself.

Fact that if Fraley is right and TEX wants to use both Blakely and Wolf as a team ... means to me that Ogando is headed back to the DL with Blakely taking Ogando's 25man spot. Still unsure what TEX would do to make a 40man spot available for him (Rosales ... again?).

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On the DL for a groin pull. Tells me it is a phantom DL deal to rest him for the SEP stretch and post season. They brought up Milone to pitch his spot and the youngster Gray will get more starts. Still a very good rotation. However the remainder of August is the toughest part of the season for the A's and I am sure they would have wanted Colon. I guess they figure they catch whatever ground they lose this month next month when their schedule is a lot easier.

Gray's success has really helped OAK resolve the problem with Milone not having the success it hoped he would ... and gives them opportunity to rest Colon on a phantom DL assignment until after 1 Sep.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before, but I think it applies here and goes something like this: "It is said, your best and worst characteristics are very similar." And Wash is his loyalty!

Problem is, I'm not sure it can be just written off that way when it hurts the team that much. And the fact is, that's not his only downfall as manager.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, I'm not sure it can be just written off that way when it hurts the team that much. And the fact is, that's not his only downfall as manager.
In the locker room Wash is probably the best. On the field is another story.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the locker room Wash is probably the best. On the field is another story.

I sincerely agree with both of ya.

I try not to under sell the value of what Wash accomplishes downstairs, but at the same time, his warts on game day decisions are pretty obvious. Do try and remember that Wash's moves "behind the scenes" are maybe at least partly responsible for the results of the season. This team stays together no matter what and Wash is at the helm.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a good game last night... maybe it will get something going for him. Either way, even given what you are saying though, its good to get your productive players rest.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a good game last night... maybe it will get something going for him. Either way, even given what you are saying though, its good to get your productive players rest.

People have been saying that all season.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AGREED! And let's give Wash some credit on this! Last year, and years past, he wore out the core players. This season he's done a much better job of giving days off.

I looking forward to seeing how Gentry can do as the LO man too!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGREED! And let's give Wash some credit on this! Last year, and years past, he wore out the core players. This season he's done a much better job of giving days off.

I looking forward to seeing how Gentry can do as the LO man too!

He's sporting a .344 OBP as of yesterday. He should be fine. The guy will take a fastball to the ear hole to get on base.