• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers 8/16-8/18

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentry should be starting

I think Gentry's(at first I typed Gentries, ha) speed alone is a pretty good reason to start him. Even if he only gets on base once, he disrupts the game some and can shake things up a bit. I think he should be in CF if he starts though.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentry should be starting

Murphy should be playing vs Felix tomorrow as he has faired well against him but watch him not be in the lineup the one time he should. Should DH Murphy and play gentry in the outfield

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as simple as this:

1) David Murphy needs to be permanently glued to the bench. He offers nothing- no power, no speed, no great contact, mediocre fielding... he is an absolute black hole and automatic out.

2) Profar needs to be limited to spot starts in the infield or sent down. His bat is an absolute negative. He is just too young and overmatched in every at-bat. I was at the game tonight 5 rows behind Nolan and Profar was completely lost at the plate. I think he's gotten some poor calls go against him and it's rattled him and changed his confidence level. Having him as the DH is a laughable joke.

3) Geovany Soto needs to play more. Pierzynski's hitting is ok, but his defense is subpar (specifically his inability to block balls in the dirt). I read a stat recently that the Rangers have a better win % with Soto catching.

4) The Rangers only have 1 true power bat right now, so they're not going to run over teams with mashing. That leaves one true threat as an option for putting up runs- speed. But when Ron has 2 of the 4 fastest guys on the team parked on the bench, the result is a total lack of offense due to zero power/zero speed guys like Murphy playing.

Martin - CF
Andrus - SS
Kinsler - 2B
Beltre - 3B
Rios - RF
Pierzynski/Baker - DH
Moreland - 1B
Soto/Pierzynski - C
Gentry - LF

That should essentially be the lineup every single night regardless of opposing pitcher. Baker DH vs lefties, AJP vs righties. Profar serves as the super utility infielder, rotates between 3B, SS, and 2B, and contributes with his glove. Engel is the 4th OF and lends extra speed. Murphy never plays. Ever.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and if you want a true goat of the game, it's a dual honor shared by home plate umpire Doug Eddings and 2B umpire Angel Hernandez. Those two incompetent wastes of space absolutely changed the outcome of the game early on. Not only did they take away the run scored by Elvis and AJP at 2B, but they took away all of the Rangers' momentum. The Rangers came out with a jump in their step and were pretty locked in on Iwakuma early. But it was the numerous calls which took the wind completely out of their sails. It was a very tangible and noticeable shift. It's hard enough as an athlete to put a bad call out of your mind and regain total focus. But when multiple bad calls go against you, you start to feel cheated and defeated and even though you try not to, you think about all of the bad calls and the anger you feel absolutely does affect your performance. I've experienced it firsthand. Angel Hernandez should be banned from baseball and castrated so that he doesn't ever reproduce.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be another bench UIF on this team with MLB experience and not fing Adam Rosales' sorry ass. Leury to start the year and Profar now has just hurt the kids confidence. However that call to end the game tonight on Profar was fucking awful, that pitch was six inches off the plate

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and if you want a true goat of the game, it's a dual honor shared by home plate umpire Doug Eddings and 2B umpire Angel Hernandez. Those two incompetent wastes of space absolutely changed the outcome of the game early on. Not only did they take away the run scored by Elvis and AJP at 2B, but they took away all of the Rangers' momentum. The Rangers came out with a jump in their step and were pretty locked in on Iwakuma early. But it was the numerous calls which took the wind completely out of their sails. It was a very tangible and noticeable shift. It's hard enough as an athlete to put a bad call out of your mind and regain total focus. But when multiple bad calls go against you, you start to feel cheated and defeated and even though you try not to, you think about all of the bad calls and the anger you feel absolutely does affect your performance. I've experienced it firsthand. Angel Hernandez should be banned from baseball and castrated so that he doesn't ever reproduce.

It is difficult enough on a given night to beat another team, but to have to beat the other team and the umpiring crew is unfair. The umpiring this year vs the Rangers has been pathetic more often than not

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is difficult enough on a given night to beat another team, but to have to beat the other team and the umpiring crew is unfair. The umpiring this year vs the Rangers has been pathetic more often than not

Umpiring across all of baseball has been really bad this season. There are just too many umpires in the game with poor strike zones, massive egos, and in a few cases a lack of understanding of the rules. It's part of the reason why instant replay is being expanded.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umpiring across all of baseball has been really bad this season. There are just too many umpires in the game with poor strike zones, massive egos, and in a few cases a lack of understanding of the rules. It's part of the reason why instant replay is being expanded.

Angel Hernandez certainly has no place in MLB. Selig should be kicked in the dick for letting him continue to call games at this level

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angel Hernandez certainly has no place in MLB. Selig should be kicked in the dick for letting him continue to call games at this level

Sunday will be an adventure.... I think he's behind the plate and Darvish struggles with the mariners enough already.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday will be an adventure.... I think he's behind the plate and Darvish struggles with the mariners enough already.
Was that Sunday or Saturday?
Either way Darvish will be fine.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: Was keeping up with the game sporadically on Gameday in a meeting, afterward was shocked at the blatant calls that I saw on the highlights and Profar's last called strike. Instant replay cannot come soon enough. MLB should have let the egotistical ump union die on strike. Replacements with instant replay would have given us games with equality of calls, not favoritism. Personally think some of the A's magic in late innings has come from assists from the ump crews when I have tuned in to Gameday to see the strike zone change for them. Totally disgusting, and unfortunately mirroring our current national environment. by speaking out like AJP did last week then getting followed by an ump after an objection, he is now on their radar and an easy target for discriminatory treatment. How the world has turned. What really pisses me off is they do it with a sarcastic smile because they know they are untouchable. Warning to those umps that think that, Karma's a bitch, and your world can change quickly. Oh, it already has, MLB finally approved instant replay.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a completely unrelated note... I know I might be late to the party but I've recently noticed from below my avatar that the new Stars logo sucks. What were they thinking, they had a cool logo.

When I first saw them it was different but over time the new logo and jerseys have really grown on me. I think once we see them wearing the uniforms on the ice and playing I think more and more people will dig them.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't either. We have Profar to fill util Infield. We have Baker who plays the corners and some 2B and LF. We have Soto as b/u catcher. Scratching my head. If Berkman comes back one will have to be dropped.

Berkman will not be back until 1 Sep most likely. If he comes back before that Rosales will be DFA'd again (for the 5th time this season). If Berkman returns to DH ... Profar would UIF. Profar could be optioned back to AAA but would need to be back up by 31 Aug to be post season eligible.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also it wasn't wash fault tonight. Cotts was the guy you go to

TEX knew Perez (LHP) was going to be in to pitch the bottom of the 8th so Wash should have installed Gentry in LF replacing Murphy. Ball that Murphy, Elvis and Beltre didn't get to could very well have been caught by Gentry. That would have gotten Cotts out of the inning before giving up the HR. Wash also should have PH Baker (or Soto) for AJ with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th. AJ was 1 for 6 against the pitcher ... and after leaving the bases loaded ... he is 1 for 7.

Cotts may have given up the runs ... but it was Wash attachments to Murphy and AJ that cost TEX the game.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1