• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners at Our Texas Rangers 4/14 - 4/17

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotts just has not been the Cotts of last year. But feels good to win.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotts got hit hard again.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought the same thing that jta thought because you asked where had Kouz been all season. No harm no foul though.

Yeah it's not that clear... posting from phone. Was just meaning we could have used his bat earlier.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd sure like to see many games like this all year.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross with a fantastic quality start and Kouzmanoff is the offensive hero....just like I predicted in the pre-season!! :yahoo::whistle:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross with a fantastic quality start and Kouzmanoff is the offensive hero....just like I predicted in the pre-season!! :yahoo::whistle:

Ha! Good one. I've said it before but Ross has really surprised me. I know he had good stats in the minors but just did not think he could duplicate it in the majors.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone here is blaming the mediocre start all on Wash (or at least I haven't seen any posts suggesting that). I think everyone here recognizes that Wash is certainly having to manage with the deck stacked against him. I don't envy him right now at all. He only has so many ML-quality players at his disposal. The rest of his options are minor leaguers or washed-up retreads. I fully expected the team to struggle to win a ton of games right out of the gate.

What I didn't expect is for the team to look so downright awful and comical at times while not winning. They're not just striking out and giving up runs, they're making silly and completely preventable physical and mental errors all over the place. Routine foul pops and weak grounders turn into blooper reels and guys are falling asleep on the base paths. A lot of that is on the players themselves, no doubt. But the simplicity of some of these tasks that the Rangers are botching reveals a team that is just not focused and ready to play. And that absolutely does fall at the feet of the manager.

Also, while Wash certainly can't be faulted for the situation being bad, he can absolutely be faulted for making it worse. How do you defend Michael Choice being buried on the bench for long stretches when the team is desperate for offense? He's one of the few so far who has showed signs of life with the bat. How do you defend awful Arencibia getting a lot more playing time than Chirinos, who has at least been semi-decent? How do you defend the 2B position being rotated on a nightly basis, giving neither guy any kind of consistent playing time? Plus there have been multiple situational calls made by Wash which have been head scratchers as well.

The Rangers' weak record so far can't be blamed on Wash. That's just not fair. But while he is in an almost un-winnable situation (and I do feel for him), his decisions certainly aren't helping matters any.

Who said Wash was clean? My only other post (1st post) today clearly stated group effort. My point is 13/14 games into a season is just that. You blame Washington by saying Choice has been buried. Then you ask about the catcher and 2nd base rotation as if it's a great sin, while I see 13/14 games into a season and a manger feeling his way around the results being played out on the field each night. All I read here is Wash isn't playing who you want when you want. It's early and comical to me....not shocking at all based on the opinions shared.

20 AB's and 4 hits doesn't scream play me and besides, who's to say the opportunities won't come. I think Choice has had opportunities thus far and spring pitching isn't what he's seen since the start of the season. Players play their way into and out of a line-up all the time. Still possible. Sorry....I think it's spitting hairs when so much has yet to happen.

My response had more to do with the commit that Washington had lost this team. Oh well, maybe he will, maybe he won't...so much to be determined

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Wash was clean? My only other post (1st post) today clearly stated group effort. My point is 13/14 games into a season is just that. You blame Washington by saying Choice has been buried. Then you ask about the catcher and 2nd base rotation as if it's a great sin, while I see 13/14 games into a season and a manger feeling his way around the results being played out on the field each night. All I read here is Wash isn't playing who you want when you want. It's early and comical to me....not shocking at all based on the opinions shared.

20 AB's and 4 hits doesn't scream play me and besides, who's to say the opportunities won't come. I think Choice has had opportunities thus far and spring pitching isn't what he's seen since the start of the season. Players play their way into and out of a line-up all the time. Still possible. Sorry....I think it's spitting hairs when so much has yet to happen.

My response had more to do with the commit that Washington had lost this team. Oh well, maybe he will, maybe he won't...so much to be determined

"Playing who I want" has nothing to do with it. You said it yourself, that players play themselves either in or out of lineups. What part of Arencibia's sub-.100 average or anything in his history suggests he should be playing at all right now?

You start your post by saying that Wash isn't absolved from part of the mess, then you follow it up by calling out those who choose to criticize him as comical.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Playing who I want" has nothing to do with it. You said it yourself, that players play themselves either in or out of lineups. What part of Arencibia's sub-.100 average or anything in his history suggests he should be playing at all right now?

You start your post by saying that Wash isn't absolved from part of the mess, then you follow it up by calling out those who choose to criticize him as comical.

It is as one reads it I suppose.
Spit hairs if you like

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Angels have any decent pitchers? Last I looked Angels up by three, now down by three?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Angels have any decent pitchers? Last I looked Angels up by three, now down by three?

Joe Smith came in and gave up 4 ER out of the BP, their BP and starting pitching is still pretty suspect

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give up..... Oakland will win 110 games and lose In the divisional round to Detroit.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oakland BP gave em back tied at 9 now