• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle at Houston (update: 23-20 SEA, final, OT)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston lost it more than you won it. You did nothing more amazing than hold on and let Houston shoot themselves in the foot. I am not impressed. Thought you looked horrible all day.

When SF looks horrible they lose by double digits.
When SF looks horrible they win on the road in a big come from behind game.

Who's the better team? :drool:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the 2 best defenses in the league.. but they don't play against each other. "Manhandled" was probably the right word, but the Seahawks O-Line were not healthy coming into the game. They missed Okung, Giaco, and Unger.

At the end of the day, still a W.

I don't know, Houston is 9th worst in points allowed. Not sure they are the 2nd best defense. They are definitely good.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, on to other games. Our team is 4-0 but we really have to have better games than this if we are to reach our ultimate goal. These slow starts are killing me but our defense is elite and keeps us in it. I really don't want to risk this fall behind crap against an elite QB like Manning or Brady. As for power rankings, as I've said all along, completely worthless media hype crap in this league. Whether us, Denver or whomever is on top. Houston fans, tough break, good talkin to y'all. As I said, J.J. Watt and Arian Foster deserve better than Schaub and Kubiak, for that matter and so do you guys.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When SF looks horrible they lose by double digits.

Who's the better team? :drool:

Easy, when you look horrible, its against two teams that have a combined 3 wins after four weeks.

Did you see what the colts did the jags today?

And lol @

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub was the MVP for the Seachickens today.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a sports radio host in Houston:

RE

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy, when you look horrible, its against two teams that have a combined 3 wins after four weeks.

And lol @

So let me see if I get this right. You believe SF is the better team in the league over Seattle right now? And your basis is the combined loss record of the two teams that beat you this year when one of them was Seattle? :L

The Seahawks beat you soundly at home and then the colts beat you soundly in your house. Seattle is 4-0 with no losses and you like your team more because their win was ugly? :laugh3:

Hmm, not sure I follow that logic.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no memory of the humiliating beatdown the niners got at the hands of the seahawks a short time ago.

or maybe the seahawks do indeed only WHIP bad teams. lol.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a sports radio host in Houston:

RE [MEDIA=twitter]384422799957180416[/MEDIA]

There are very few times where it is fair to say that one guy cost a team the game, but this is one of those times where it is fair to say that. Matt Schaub screwed up royally. I feel bad for the guy. He just had a brain fart. An NFL QB is trained to not throw the ball and just take the sack in that situation. Schaub is still a pretty good QB. He just has to learn from this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me see if I get this right. You believe SF is the better team in the league over Seattle right now? And your basis is the combined loss record of the two teams that beat you this year when one of them was Seattle? :L

The Seahawks beat you soundly at home and then the colts beat you soundly in your house. Seattle is 4-0 with no losses and you like your team more because their win was ugly? :laugh3:

Hmm, not sure I follow that logic.

No seattle is playing better so far this year I have no problem admitting that. I don't buy it makes them the better team yet. especially after watching them struggle on the road again today. When its this early in the season and we have not played the same teams.... comparing records.... :noidea:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are very few times where it is fair to say that one guy cost a team the game, but this is one of those times where it is fair to say that. Matt Schaub screwed up royally. I feel bad for the guy. He just had a brain fart. An NFL QB is trained to not throw the ball and just take the sack in that situation. Schaub is still a pretty good QB. He just has to learn from this.

Plus, he obviously had no problem taking the sack twice later putting themselves out of field goal range. :L

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no memory of the humiliating beatdown the niners got at the hands of the seahawks a short time ago.

or maybe the seahawks do indeed only WHIP bad teams. lol.

I didn't have much of a memory of it last year either when the 49ers went to the super bowl.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, he obviously had no problem taking the sack twice later putting themselves out of field goal range. :L

He just had a brain fart at the worst possible moment. The short clip of Arian Foster right after the play said it all.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL k that's funny as frack, but c'mon man. We all have tough games that we lose like this. Heck Seattle had two of em last year. Atlanta and Detroit. Especially Atlanta. Take the lead with 30 seconds or so left and Ryan comes marching down. UGH.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something? Was the Colts win over the Jags that much more impressive than ours?

Seattle had their entire D pulled in the 4th quarter and their offense had pulled a majority of the starters as well.

"OMG Indy scored 6 less points but allowed 14 less than Seattle, so they are like WAY BETTER!" WTF?

Both teams trounced Jacksonville. Was Seattle supposed to beat Jacksonville 84-0 since they are supposed to be better than Indy? Give me a break.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a new Texas Lottery game dedicated to Matt Schaub.
It's called the Pick Six.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No seattle is playing better so far this year I have no problem admitting that. I don't buy it makes them the better team yet. especially after watching them struggle on the road again today. When its this early in the season and we have not played the same teams.... comparing records.... :noidea:

Again, you have a problem saying Seattle is the better team right now after they beat you and it's because they don't have enough common opponents? :wtf: THEY PLAYED EACH OTHER AND YOU LOST. You don't need common oppenents to gauge who is better when they have already played and it was a recent game. :L

Seriously, you are trying way too hard to find excuses why to not admit at this moment Seattle is the better team. They beat you badly, they are 4-0 and have overcome all of the adversity they have faced while SF is 2-2 and not only got beat by Seattle, but also the colts at home. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Seattle is better right now. Will they be at seasons end? Who knows, but RIGHT NOW today it's Seattle and there isn't anyone outside of SF who would argue in your favor unless they are just straight up trolling.