• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Tickets

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
My family and I are thinking of getting season tickets at Levi's. The PSL cost coupled with the annual season ticket will cost about $250 per game per seat for the first five years.

It breaks down like this.

15k in PSL + 3k annually for tickets for five years comes to 30k.

5 years = 40 regular season games 30k/40 = $750 per game/ 3 seasts = $250 per ticket cost.

My goal is to sell all but one game every year for the first five years to re-coup the PSL fee. Do you guys think I'll be able to sell the tickets for that price for the first 5 years? A couple of my friends are saying no. But after following the ticket prices for Candlestick this year it was impossible to get tickets for less than 180 on the secondary market. I believe with the team looking like it'll be on a run of success and the excitement of the new stadium it is doable.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your basically saying your going to get 2.5x your face value on the ticket. I think the first season there you will have no problem getting double your price for every game and obviously more for certain games such as Seattle. I know when I traveled to NE last year, I sat in the lower bowl and tickets were 2x and that's still a relatively new stadium. I would be curious to hear from Cowboys PSL holders and how their tickets prices sell. I think where your seats are plays a big factor in how much people are willing to spend and then how good the team is. Given the core we have, we should be good for sometime. And then if you can sell the pre-season for anything that's just a bonus. The real money maker would be post season. Those you can get way more back in profit as a bonus.

I have 2 seats in the lower bowl 49ers sideline, paid 12k total in PSL and pay 3k annually for the tickets. I plan on going to most games though and selling off a few here and there to just try and get some of the cost back on my season tickets. I definitely never put thought into it as you did to try and see how long it would take to pay off the seat license. I always just looked at it as a sunk cost I would never recoup.

But to finally answer your question, I don't know if 5 years is realistic to recoup and are you really only going to one game a year? I would imagine your one game a year is the big game where you could have made the most on your tickets.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say highly unlikely. If there was a market to sell 68k ticket for 2.5x face on an on going basis don't you think the 49ers/NFL would try to capture that revenue.

Over the last 15 years I would say we averaged face value return when we sold our tickets. I know there are good years in selling like this, 4 games paid for my season, next year will be good, but over 5 years I would not count on going much above asking, and if you do for the next 3 years, I will call it a stone cold lock that your new ticket price will be what you were getting on the secondary market in years 1-3 for year 4 and 5.

With that, every year there are 3 to 4 easy sells that will get 80% of your season ticket expense back. After that the preaseason and other games usually only get you back to a slight profit after expense of selling and effort. You have to remember there will come a time in which some games will be hard to giveaway. I couldn't give away a bengals game a few years ago.

If you want seats they are not an investment, consider the SBL a sunk cost. So I wasted 12K on mine, but I get to go to 5 or 6 NFL games a year for 500 to 600 a year and a little work, not bad. But you will probably never make money, NFL is to good at not leaving it on the table.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family and I are thinking of getting season tickets at Levi's. The PSL cost coupled with the annual season ticket will cost about $250 per game per seat for the first five years.

It breaks down like this.

15k in PSL + 3k annually for tickets for five years comes to 30k.

5 years = 40 regular season games 30k/40 = $750 per game/ 3 seasts = $250 per ticket cost.

My goal is to sell all but one game every year for the first five years to re-coup the PSL fee. Do you guys think I'll be able to sell the tickets for that price for the first 5 years? A couple of my friends are saying no. But after following the ticket prices for Candlestick this year it was impossible to get tickets for less than 180 on the secondary market. I believe with the team looking like it'll be on a run of success and the excitement of the new stadium it is doable.

I'd be careful with that. It sounds like, from the price, that those seats won't be very good. Thus, lowered demand. You're counting on being able to sell 7/8 of those tickets and still keep the playoff seats. Risky business IMO.

OTOH, you will be able to sell the two exhibition games for something -- especially this year. I'd expect to be attending (and paying for) 4 games a year and not one. Also, you could sell the playoff tickets and likely recoup that investment quicker.