• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season ticket holder sues Bears

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should build a wall to keep those pesky miscreant Packer fans out......

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably a Hillary supporter as well.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should issue his parking pass in Chiraq.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers fan is accusing the Bears of violating his free speech rights, all because he was barred from standing on the Soldier Field grass in his Packers jersey.

Despite his Packers loyalties, Beckman has Bears season tickets. Last December, at frigid Soldier Field, he was denied entry onto the field for a pre-game event for season tickets holders because he was wearing Green Bay garb.

"This is not just an experience for Bears fans," Beckman said. "It's an experience for Bears season ticketholders, which I am."

Beckman said he had worn his Packers jersey to a similar Soldier Field fan event two years earlier. But for last season's event, the on-field credential stated, "No visiting team clothing allowed."

After emailing a complaint, Beckman arrived in green and gold, and was barred from the field.

:csb:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"CHICAGO (WLS) --
The Bears-Packers rivalry reached a whole new level: federal court." Per the article.

No... it should read: "The Bears-Packers rivalry reached a whole new low: douche fag sues."

NFL is a private Company. That's the reason I cannot bring a gun into the stadium. They can restrict business to whoever.

IMO it's travesty that people like this who sue are not collectively shipped into the middle of the ocean and nuked from orbit. Only way to be sure..... (that of course to ensure the gene pool is not severely diluted further).

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides are in the wrong. Without specific language stating that you cannot wear opposing teams colors at on field team events they shouldn't be able to stop him. However if they list the language in the season ticket agreement he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If they allow him to do it for two years and just randomly stop him the third year without any communication I could see how it would be an issue.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides are in the wrong. Without specific language stating that you cannot wear opposing teams colors at on field team events they shouldn't be able to stop him. However if they list the language in the season ticket agreement he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If they allow him to do it for two years and just randomly stop him the third year without any communication I could see how it would be an issue.
Credential stated: No visiting team clothing allowed

Seems pretty specific. And while stupid, it's the rule.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sue happy sobs!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credential stated: No visiting team clothing allowed

Seems pretty specific. And while stupid, it's the rule.
Ah the previous article I read didnt have that included.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They communicated it to him. He appealed, was denied yet still decided to do what he wanted to do.

This shit should be tossed out of the courts before wasting any more time and money dealing with it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They communicated it to him. He appealed, was denied yet still decided to do what he wanted to do.

This shit should be tossed out of the courts before wasting any more time and money dealing with it.
Agreed. They should still add the language to the agreement so there is no doubt or wiggle room and that should end this