• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season on the line this weekend

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that their understanding of jumping routes might not be the same as theirs.

Different thing to know the routes a team is running because you basically know their play calls and trying to anticipate based on prior plays that game. I'm pretty sure there haven't been other games where they knew the exact play calls and could jump them. Kind of a unique thing wouldn't you say? :L

I mean that's so damned obvious as to be comical to even bring up.

What's comical is you and your fellow fans defending the fact that they don't jump routes like it's some sacred thing. :L

All I was pointing out is Seattle does jump routes from time to time. More specifically, when they know the plays calls or they are anticipating plays based on prior plays. You just made my exact point Wizard. If the cards throw underneath the entire game, Seattle will catch on, anticipate the play, and jump the route.

Also, when Harold makes a post saying Seattle NEVER jumps routes, without exception, and then ends his post with "I thought someone like you would know that Scooby" (or something to that effect), I'm going to try and validate my point.

I have seen several Seahawk games, obviously, I'm not going to claim I know the team like a lot of Seahawk fans on this board, but I do know them and I know football. I have seen Seattle jump routes.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you and Scooby think that since Richard Sherman said it, it must be true?

Is there a reason we should think he was lying? It's not like they had another game to play so gamesmanship wouldn't play in to it. It was a post SB interview.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO COWBOYS !!

:yahoo:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Seahawks jump routes. Especially when they are playing cover 3 zone. One of the main reasons you play zone is so your defenders can see the QB.

Having said that, I don't think the Hawks are any more or less likely to jump routes simply because the other team is throwing short. The entire defensive strategy of the Seahawks is to FORCE teams to throw short. And if you have a QB that is throwing pin point passes like Phil Rivers did against them, you can succeed. However if the QB is a little erratic they will make the QB pay a price.

They are certainly susceptible to double moves, as is every team. The key to defending the double move though is good pass protection. Not sure that the Cards have that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's comical is you and your fellow fans defending the fact that they don't jump routes like it's some sacred thing. :L

All I was pointing out is Seattle does jump routes from time to time. More specifically, when they know the plays calls or they are anticipating plays based on prior plays. You just made my exact point Wizard. If the cards throw underneath the entire game, Seattle will catch on, anticipate the play, and jump the route.

Also, when Harold makes a post saying Seattle NEVER jumps routes, without exception, and then ends his post with "I thought someone like you would know that Scooby" (or something to that effect), I'm going to try and validate my point.

I have seen several Seahawk games, obviously, I'm not going to claim I know the team like a lot of Seahawk fans on this board, but I do know them and I know football. I have seen Seattle jump routes.
You don't see a difference between Sherman saying we KNEW what they were running so we jumped it, and trying to anticipate routes because of prior plays?

If you want to stay in the minutia of his exact words, then by all means have fun.

The point really was if you want to hang your hopes on baiting the LOB into overplaying routes to open up deep passes then you may be in for a long day. The best QB's in the league haven't had success trying that. Lindley? :pound:

They are far more disciplined in their coverage than you think.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Seahawks jump routes. Especially when they are playing cover 3 zone. One of the main reasons you play zone is so your defenders can see the QB.

Having said that, I don't think the Hawks are any more or less likely to jump routes simply because the other team is throwing short. The entire defensive strategy of the Seahawks is to FORCE teams to throw short. And if you have a QB that is throwing pin point passes like Phil Rivers did against them, you can succeed. However if the QB is a little erratic they will make the QB pay a price.

They are certainly susceptible to double moves, as is every team. The key to defending the double move though is good pass protection. Not sure that the Cards have that.

Maybe you and Harold should have a debate because he adamantly disagrees.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see a difference between Sherman saying we KNEW what they were running so we jumped it, and trying to anticipate routes because of prior plays?

If you want to stay in the minutia of his exact words, then by all means have fun.

The point really was if you want to hang your hopes on baiting the LOB into overplaying routes to open up deep passes then you may be in for a long day. The best QB's in the league haven't had success trying that. Lindley? :pound:

They are far more disciplined in their coverage than you think.

I'm done with the jumping route conversation. If you read my post including all the replies and you haven't figured out my point, you never will. Or you just refuse to agree with Me. Either way, no big deal.

According to most NFL fans in general, we are in for a long day no matter what. (Remember I said most, not all).

Why are you assuming I think the Seahawks are undisciplined in their coverage. Please, don't respond unless you read all my posts in this thread. I think if you do, you will realize you are creating an argument out of nothing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you and Harold should have a debate because he adamantly disagrees.

I think you guys were talking passed each other. I inferred that Harold was talking specifically about the Seahawks defenders jumping routes because they are anticipating short passes. I agree with that.

If he was arguing what you are suggesting then he is mistaken.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to feel as much joy about Seattle beating Arizona as I do about them beating the 9'ers, but I just can't. I don't have any negative feelings about that team or organization. Hell of a job by their sure-lock head coach of the year. Thankful the hawks managed to get two from them.

Sad to see your team suffer from so many injuries on the heels of such outstanding play. I doubted them early and I doubted them through the middle of the season. And I end up just happy to get past them.

Good luck against the now hapless 9'ers and whoever you face in the first round. I hope we don't have to see you again in the post season.

:suds: